Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid Deaths
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Walknuki
What kind of stupid stuff have your players tried to pull off, only ending in their untimely and well deserved demise?

A team of a Troll Mage, a Troll Muscleman, an Ork Combatant, and a Human Infiltrator are charged with kidnapping and holding some rich dwarven lady. They find out where she lives, which turns out to be a AA zone. High fences, personal bodyguards, lots of Star and other security firms about.

Well the Infiltrator does some Recon on the house (real non-conspicuous sitting on the back of the bike with some binoculars). The Ork drives the Mage to the house too so he can do Astral Recon. The mages gets a good idea of the layout, the occupants, and finds that the lady keeps a Hell Hound as a pet. The other Troll... is home drinking.

Well they watch untill night falls. That's when the Infiltrator, without notifying the rest of his team, decides to break into the place. The Ork and Mage watch him go in, they're still on recon, mouths open at his stupidity and gall.

He prys off the keypad, breaks the code, and starts sneaking in. He nearly gets caught twice outside by making noise. He manages to climb up to the balcony and sneak in through a bathroom window... only to come face to face with the big bad doggy. Well it chews him up something fierce, the guards come running. He jumps out of the window and limps towards his bike. The Ork and Mage just quietly leave.

He makes it too his bike, makes a Bike check to see if he can get it started... and promptly floods the engine. A foot chase and he's gunned down but still alive.

Technically he's not dead; but, he probably wishes he was after what happens next.

Before the run he decided it would be a good idea to take a picture of the Johnson with his Cyber-Eye. Well the cops downloaded his memory and found it (He was the targets ex-husband). Both the PC and the Johnson were charged with attempted murder. They make it so easy. biggrin.gif
Fortune
He makes it too his bike, makes a Bike check to see if he can get it started ...

eek.gif ohplease.gif
Fresno Bob
Yeah, that wasn't cool.
CoalHeart
To start your bike in the year 2064 you merely press a button. Thats it smile.gif
Crusher Bob
As all computer tech support people know, filthy users can find the wrong way to 'just press a button'. eek.gif
nezumi
I'm giving Walknukz the benefit of the doubt and assuming the guy rolled to do his accelerate really quickly away from the bad guys test and came up all 1's (sucks when you only have a 2 in bike...)

The guy was a knucklehead, one way or another. If he had been caught another way (say a guard went outside beforehand and put a wheel lock on the bike), would be a perfect story.
Wounded Ronin
Man, I wish the vehicle rules were easier to use so that I could have more drive-by shootings and crazed vehicular ramming vs. the PCs.
U_Fester
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin)
Man, I wish the vehicle rules were easier to use so that I could have more drive-by shootings and crazed vehicular ramming vs. the PCs.

.... what else can be said after a statement like that.
Fresno Bob
Vehicle chases are awesome.
nezumi
I don't like the fact that the vehicle mounted melee weapon rules are really non existant. I mounted a combat knife on the front of my semi truck. When I ram someone, do they roll for damage twice? (52L, followed by 52D! Wheee) or does it just increase the damage/power of the first attack? I dont' know...
hobgoblin
is it just me or did part of a thread become reposted for some reason?
mfb
it's not just you. this thread and several others ("can a decker make an AI" being the most prominent) got posted several times.
nezumi
I blame exceptionally poor memory on the part of the original thread author.
Tarantula
QUOTE (nezumi)
I don't like the fact that the vehicle mounted melee weapon rules are really non existant. I mounted a combat knife on the front of my semi truck. When I ram someone, do they roll for damage twice? (52L, followed by 52D! Wheee) or does it just increase the damage/power of the first attack? I dont' know...

I'm sorry, but if you check R3R there is no such thing as a 'melee conversion kit' which is what you would need to mount a melee weapon onto a mount. (Similar to how you need a Firearm conversion kit to mount firearms onto a mount.)
draco aardvark
QUOTE (Tarantula)
QUOTE (nezumi @ Dec 23 2004, 02:24 PM)
I don't like the fact that the vehicle mounted melee weapon rules are really non existant.  I mounted a combat knife on the front of my semi truck.  When I ram someone, do they roll for damage twice?  (52L, followed by 52D!  Wheee) or does it just increase the damage/power of the first attack?  I dont' know...

I'm sorry, but if you check R3R there is no such thing as a 'melee conversion kit' which is what you would need to mount a melee weapon onto a mount. (Similar to how you need a Firearm conversion kit to mount firearms onto a mount.)

it sounded to me like it's just a knife wielded to the undercarriage - not exactly a highly advanced weapon system, but it might do something
sidartha
QUOTE (draco aardvark)
it sounded to me like it's just a knife wielded to the undercarriage - not exactly a highly advanced weapon system, but it might do something

Yea. like a 1000 kilo bomb might be slightly more effective by taping a flashbang grenade to the front. wavey.gif
iPad
QUOTE (draco aardvark)
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Dec 23 2004, 03:04 PM)
I don't like the fact that the vehicle mounted melee weapon rules are really non existant.  I mounted a combat knife on the front of my semi truck.  When I ram someone, do they roll for damage twice?  (52L, followed by 52D!  Wheee) or does it just increase the damage/power of the first attack?  I dont' know...

The mind boggles.

Alough on a serious note bull bars have been banned from the roads as it was found they made crashes alot more fatal for pedestrians. Prehaps retractable bull bars.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (draco aardvark @ Dec 23 2004, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Dec 23 2004, 03:04 PM)

No, no. Mount an articulated arm on the semi and have it wield a giant-modded combat knife. Or a giant-modded claymore.
DocMortand
Or those pesky mechs with articulated arms holding melee weapons (talk about Reach advantage!)...or Gorkamorka with orks tearing around in modified dunbuggies with spikes and cranes spotwelded on...

Sounds like a neat car conversion - just what would be the damage of an addon bowling-ball crane driven by a car going 75?
draco aardvark
QUOTE (sidartha)
QUOTE (draco aardvark @ Dec 23 2004, 05:54 PM)

Yea. like a 1000 kilo bomb might be slightly more effective by taping a flashbang grenade to the front. wavey.gif

Well the idea was not so much applicable for a combat knife as a pole arm, something to cause some damage to their car before yours crashes into it so as to concentrate the destructive force to more easily take out an engine or something (basically a ram). The combat knife did seem a little silly to me too, but the concept would work (not that it'd be street legal or anything, so you may as well drive a tank, it'll crash into things beater smile.gif)
sidartha
"No officer this is not a tank! My Volvo has a hard-on." wink.gif
sidartha
Courtesy of Munchkin's guide to powergaming
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012