Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The future of Media in SR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Starfurie
Could this replace SR Media corps?

It takes a few mintues, but it's mostly beleiveable.
FrostyNSO
Well that's certainly a happy piece smile.gif

I could see just about all of that in our near future.
Fresno Bob
There are more than a few holes of logic in this idea of the future. What's with the emphasis on blogging when it's popularity seems to be bolstered by idiocy and it serves the same purpose as sliding your balls on a cheese grater? What is the future of the Internet's underbelly or the bloated security companies living off the programming mistakes of Microsoft? Is google going to make a rival operating system next? How exactly are the two companies competing on the same level?

Semi paraphrased from a guy I know.
BookWyrm
Very believeable, and I would so see Epic being the gateway for the virus that causes the Crash of 2029.
FrostyNSO
Or the creation of the first AI...
Kagetenshi
Googlezon is an awesome name.

That being said, I could more easily see this leading to a modern Shiawase/Seretech decision than the Crash or an AI.

~J
Backgammon
Yeah, that' a little hard to swallow. Still, reminds me of the Librairy of Congress in Snow Crash where everyone uploads info and you get a cut depending on how many people look at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012