Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrote my first SR story
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HMHVV Hunter
Some of you may remember my topic from a while ago about asking for advice about writing stories in the Shadowrun universe (Here)

Well, I've written the first of these stories and I'd like to put them up somewhere. Problem is, I know nothing about website designing or what it takes to put one up.

Any ideas?
Shadowrunner13
You can try to find someone with a website that will host it (DV8's site, perhaps, or FanFiction.net (I have some of my more recent ones posted there)).

You can also throw it out to the members of the Shadowrun Writers Forum for critique, although those boards have been rather silent of late...

SR13
Critias
There was a thread on here a few weeks back for people to post SR short ficcies. Toss it up there, revive the thing.
mfb
fanfiction.net has an SR section.
Fresno Bob
I think anyone would be wise to distance themself from Fanfiction.net as much as possible.
Traks
I think anyone would be wise to distance themself from Fanfiction.net as much as possible.

Even I, being far from all of that, do agree with that sentence.
mfb
out of curiosity, why? i mean, most of it's crap, sure. but that's true of all amateur fiction (and no small amount of professional fiction).
Crimsondude 2.0
Echo Critias: Put it up on the Fiction thread.

Then we can rip it apart on its companion commentary thread. wink.gif
HMHVV Hunter
This story is almost 6 pages long; it would take far too much space in one post.
Fortune
Use the spoiler tag.
Kagetenshi
Screw the spoiler tag, just toss it in. If you'd prefer, give it its own thread.

~J
Jrayjoker
Throw it up at the Shadowrun Writers Forum and in the thread here. The more eyes that see it the more useful comments you'll get.
Kayne
You should post it here, if only in parts...I wanna read it! smile.gif
Club
You might check out www.shapcano.com It's slowed down recently, but it still hosts a lot of SR fiction

QUOTE (Voorhees @ Dec 31 2004, 05:33 PM)

some of it is OK

It's just the other 95% or so is (How to put this politely...)

OTOH, the stuff in the shadowrun section wasn't bad. Avoid star trek and wars at all bloody costs though

Kyuhan
Don't forget to avoid pretty much ALL of the Bored of The Rings stuff on there too.
Crimsondude 2.0
First of all, the short version of Jay's bio I posted is 4.5 pages of single-spaced TNR 12 pt text in Word with 1" margins all around. It'll fit.

Second, you can break it up if it doesn't. All this time debating where to post it, and you could have already posted all of it in as many posts as you needed by now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012