Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underworld 93
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FrostyNSO
I don't have my sourcebooks with me right now but I'm trying to write up our adventure for next week so I had a question:

The Underworld 93 receives protection from the Yaks, right?
RedmondLarry
I'm not sure it's protected by Yaks. Is it in any books besides Mercurial?

Mercurial's manager, Max Foley, is indebted to the Yaks in that book, but I don't think it says that Underworld 93 receives protection from them.
FrostyNSO
I thought I read something about it in New Seattle.
BookWyrm
New Seattle, pgs. 69-70, only a short blurb.
RedmondLarry
Thanks for the reference, BookWyrm.

FrostyNSO, a Shadowrunner who wrote comments about the club in New Seattle says he believes that payoffs are made to the Yaks. Believe him if you wish.

The Manager is Al Castanzo (which sounds Italian to me).
FrostyNSO
Thanks for the digging folks. Sometimes I hit roadblocks when I try to get this stuff figured out at work.

I thought there was some yak reference and that works good enough for me.
Snow_Fox
There was no protection except for the bouncers at hte start of Mercurial. You could say that's why the yak hit squad got in so easily, but the lack of any yak muscle would have caused comment.
FrostyNSO
Well now that I have a little time.

One of my PC's has the Ninjitsu martial art from CC and so he has to perform services for his clan from time to time.

The job is an assassination. The target is a Yametatsu exec who is putting the finishing touches on a clandestine business agreement with a smaller company at the Underworld 93. The client wants the assassination to be as public as possible, and it has to be done before this agreement gets signed.

On a side note, the player has been getting in good standing with the Seattle Yakuza (the underboss he reports to gave him a nuyen.gif 10,000 platinum rolex for X-mas). I'm gonna expand upon that runner's comments and instead of the place just making payoffs to the local Yaks, they will actually be tighter than that, as in using the place as a front for laundering cash.

Soooo... Hopefully this will provide a little dilemma for this guy (he's had it easy as of late). Fall out of favor with the ninja clan by not performing the service, or taint the club his Yak friends are vested in by making a bloody scene in the club (and hopefully make it out alive). Of course there are other possibilities that he could harvest from the situation, but we'll see if he figres those out.

Thanks!
Adam
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
There was no protection except for the bouncers at hte start of Mercurial. You could say that's why the yak hit squad got in so easily, but the lack of any yak muscle would have caused comment.

Of course, Mercurial was many, many years before New Seattle was written - both in and out of character.
Voran
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Well now that I have a little time.

One of my PC's has the Ninjitsu martial art from CC and so he has to perform services for his clan from time to time.

The job is an assassination. The target is a Yametatsu exec who is putting the finishing touches on a clandestine business agreement with a smaller company at the Underworld 93. The client wants the assassination to be as public as possible, and it has to be done before this agreement gets signed.

On a side note, the player has been getting in good standing with the Seattle Yakuza (the underboss he reports to gave him a nuyen.gif 10,000 platinum rolex for X-mas). I'm gonna expand upon that runner's comments and instead of the place just making payoffs to the local Yaks, they will actually be tighter than that, as in using the place as a front for laundering cash.

Soooo... Hopefully this will provide a little dilemma for this guy (he's had it easy as of late). Fall out of favor with the ninja clan by not performing the service, or taint the club his Yak friends are vested in by making a bloody scene in the club (and hopefully make it out alive). Of course there are other possibilities that he could harvest from the situation, but we'll see if he figres those out.

Thanks!

Use a hooker or joygirl type distraction as 'party favors' for the meet. Have said joygirl give the guy a lapdance (yeah even though Underworld isnt that kinda club), then she slips strands of Mardi Gras like beads around the guy's head. While the guy continues to enjoy the lap dance, demonstrate that the beads are actually explosives, and pop his head off smile.gif
Jrayjoker
You are an evil GM, I love it. This sounds like a great movie plot.

Other than being a ninja assasin in good with the Yakuza, does this character have any moral/ethical considerations that would play a role in his/her decision making?
FrostyNSO
This guy doesn't have any problems popping people who deserve it, but when faced with a moral dilemma he has a tendency to take the high road. He also has a daughter to worry about if he has to go underground for a while. So if he does lose favor with the Yaks, that will become an issue.

I doubt he will "sub-contract" the job to a joy-girl though (but you never know). I know he definately won't use explosives in a crowded club.
Jrayjoker
Sounds like he is a tough nut in a tough situation. I would definitely have the UW 93 paying protection money to someone (probably the Yak), but make your guy roll some sort of memory check or do some leg work to find it out. If he doesn't, just let him know through gameplay that he has caused the Oyabon to lose face and make him appologize, cut off a finger, or whatever. It all depends on the severity of the insult of course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012