Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old Shadowrun-Inspired Music
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kagetenshi
So I've got this one quite decent track by a lady name of Alarin, and I've heard she made three more of the things. Problem is, back in the day they were hosted on MP3.com, and, well, we all know what happened with that. Does anyone have any of the other tracks? Also, does anyone have any other Shadowrun-inspired music to recommend? I've already gotten my hands on a copy of the Shadowrun CD, but is there anything else out there?

~J
Adam
Alarin is actually a her: Harmony Steel. I don't believe her music is online anymore - she stopped working on music to concentrate on artwork.
Kagetenshi
Edited to reflect gender. A pity, all in all. Any means of contact that wouldn't be horribly unwelcome?

~J
Adam
She has a LJ, username: harmy. I doubt she'd mind a request for them, although I haven't spoken to her in a couple years.
Kagetenshi
Much appreciated.

~J
Arethusa
Kage, is that the Shadowrun cd with the Streets stuff on it, among other things? And, if so, could you possibly hook me up with some, ah, backups?
Kagetenshi
This was the one by Alex Cremers. Quite soft and environmental for most of it, all in all; what is this Streets stuff you speak of?

~J
Arethusa
The Streets, among other artists, did a Shadowrun soundtrack a while back, I believe. I have a few tracks scrounged around, but could never find anything complete. It's not the Alex Cremers soundtrack, though, which is more recent, I believe. The thing about the earlier soundtrack is that information on it is nearly nonexistent, which has been kind of a pain in the ass.

Tracks I have are, in case it's at all useful to anyone:
An Eye For An Eye (unknown artists; possibly The Streets)
Konzept - Seattle Override
The Streets - ...Dream Of Electric Sheep
Wounded Ronin
80s music makes me think intensely about ninjas, fear of Japan, and Shadowrun. Regular 80s music is all I need.
Kagetenshi
An Eye For An Eye is from Cremers' CD.

~J
Fortune
I have a bunch of songs, but don't know who did which. I know there's possibly a couple by Streets, and definitely some by Alex Cremers, and then there's somebody called Christopher Sachal. I don't know if I have any by Alarin. I'd love a complete list of who did which.
Ancient History
Ah, yes, Alarin. Good stuff. I don't have a complete list of what's available I'm afraid, but this is what I have:

Alarin - SRI Coming Home
Alarin - SRI Path of the Bard
Alarin - SRI Tripping the Deck

"SRI" is "Shadowrun Inspired" Good stuff.

Alex Cremers - An Eye For an Eye
Alex Cremers - Cityscape 2056
Alex Cremers - Comes the Dawn
Alex Cremers - Corporate Anxiety
Alex Cremers - Epilogue
Alex Cremers - Foreshadows
Alex Cremers - Into the Labyrinth
Alex Cremers - Native American Cruiser
Alex Cremers - Physical Security
Alex Cremers - Shadowrun
Alex Cremers - The Arena Conflict
Alex Cremers - The Otaku (Children Of the Matrix)
Alex Cremers - Voices From the Past

Alex Cremers did the 13-track Shadowrun CD.

Cristoph Sachal - DJ's Theme
Cristoph Sachal - Danielle's Reqiuem
Cristoph Sachal - TIr Tairngire
Cristoph Sachal - Lofwyrian Forest Demo

Cristoph Sachal is a German composer becoming more noticed these days. I love hsi stuff.

Unknown Artist - Rust Stilettos Remix

Yep, one of the songs from the SNES game remixed. Sounds good, no idea who did it.
Tanka
I actually have one from The Streets called "Cool Cruise" and one generically titled "Shadowrun - The Run" which is from (IIRC) the Genesis game.
Fortune
Others I have are ...

Christopher Sachal - Infiltrating The Labs

Unknown - The Run
Unknown - Ambush
Unknown - Dante's Inferno
Unknown - Hypnautic Beats (that is the way it is spelled)

The above are all probably from the SNES game.

Unknown - Unknown Title (possibly SOS - appears to be possibly something from GenCon labelled sos-gc2000)

Adam
QUOTE (Fortune)
Unknown - Unknown Title (possibly SOS - appears to be possibly something from GenCon labelled sos-gc2000)

That would be the Secrets of Shadowrun seminar from 2000.
Fortune
Ah cool, thanks. I haven't had a chance to listen to a few of them (that being one). Now I have to check it out. smile.gif
Fortune
I've also found ...

Christopher Sachal - Inner Conflicts

Unknown - Big Rhino
MYST1C
QUOTE (Arethusa)

"The Streets" is not a band or artist!

Years ago a "Shadowrun Role-Playing Concept CD" was released here in Germany.
It contained nine tracks organised in groups of three that were titled "The Streets", "The Matrix" and "The Battle".
Tracklist:
The Streets
1. Dream Of Electric Sheep
2. Cool Cruise
3. Seattle Override
The Matrix
4. Nods n Nerds
5. Silent Run
6. Interfaith
The Battle
7. Predator
8. Barrens (After Dark)
9. Lone Star Rising

It's mainly electronic ambient/techno-style background music, totaling about 60 minutes.
That CD is still available (at least in Germany).
Tanka
Actually, "The Streets" is a band now. nyahnyah.gif
Coil
Does anyone own an actual real copy of the Alex Cremers soundtrack? I have NEVER seen it except for on file sharing programs. Great soundtrack.

Old 80's industrial fits Shadowrun absolutely perfectly I've always thought. I use old Front 242, Frontline Assembly, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle, Suicide Commando, Cyberaktif, Einstuerzende Neubauten, Noise Unit, some old KMFDM. There are some modern bands that create a Shadowrun atmosphere perfectly too I think like Velvet Acid Christ, Kalte Farben, Black Lung, Arzt+Pfusch, Download, Haujobb, and Hocico. Lots of Noise music and stuff like that, and of course the Blade Runner soundtrack (the Vangelis songs of course). A player in my campaign also pointed out how perfect the Fallout soundtrack is for Shadowrun atmospheres.
Kagetenshi
I was going to buy a copy, but the store didn't ship to the US frown.gif

~J
Arethusa
QUOTE (M¥$T1C)
QUOTE (Arethusa)

"The Streets" is not a band or artist!

Years ago a "Shadowrun Role-Playing Concept CD" was released here in Germany.
It contained nine tracks organised in groups of three that were titled "The Streets", "The Matrix" and "The Battle".
Tracklist:
The Streets
1. Dream Of Electric Sheep
2. Cool Cruise
3. Seattle Override
The Matrix
4. Nods n Nerds
5. Silent Run
6. Interfaith
The Battle
7. Predator
8. Barrens (After Dark)
9. Lone Star Rising

It's mainly electronic ambient/techno-style background music, totaling about 60 minutes.
That CD is still available (at least in Germany).

Actually, The Streets is, as tanka pointed out, a British electronica group, though apparently only mistakenly related. Still, thanks for clearing that up.

Anyway, any chance you could hook me up with some rips, or something? That cd doesn't exist stateside.
Voran
Haven't listened to it in years, but the Bladerunner music cd from Vangelis (I believe) was pretty cool back in college.
Adam
QUOTE (Coil)
Does anyone own an actual real copy of the Alex Cremers soundtrack? I have NEVER seen it except for on file sharing programs. Great soundtrack.

I have a copy; bought it at GenCon one year ... 2000, I guess.
Jrayjoker
I like classical music to set the mood for myself. A little Ride of the Valkeries, some Mars from Holst's The Panets, maybe some Madame Butterfly for the gut wrenching loss of a teammate...
Kagetenshi
I've spoken with Harmony and gotten both some additional music and permission to redistribute (due to bandwidth considerations, she won't be distributing the music publicly herself, which I can understand). I'll be tossing some stuff up on SotSW.net along with a link to her page sometime in the next week or so.

~J
Fortune
Bonus! Thanks Kagetenshi. smile.gif
The White Dwarf
This thread rules, going to check into some of it. I have the Cremers CD, which is pretty good overall, but some more SR specific music to mix with it would be good. Especially anything like the first track which is (imo) more shadowrunner than some of the others. Thanks.
Joe Chummer
I know this is an old thread, but being relatively new to the forum, I'd like to point out a bit of SR-ish music I really appreciate:

The soundtrack to the PC game Deus Ex. However, I've had a copy of the music for so long, I can't recall if the tracks were on the game disc themselves in CD audio format (I loved when old PC games did that) or if I got all the tracks from P2P sharing.

At any rate, it's worth looking into.
BookWyrm
I too still have the Cremers CD, and the Harmony Steel tracks. All are worth a good listen.
Wounded Ronin
Deus Ex soundtrack always makes me feel sentimental.
Joe Chummer
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Oct 4 2009, 11:51 PM) *
Deus Ex soundtrack always makes me feel sentimental.

Aye. A good chummer of mine says Deus Ex is probably the closest we'll ever get to a non-sprite-based SR game (unless, of course Smith & Tinker are actually working on a SR game as we speak). Even though there's no magic, the feel of the world, the weapons, the tech, the intrigue, and the play-the-game-however-it-works-for-you mentality are pretty spot on.
Kagetenshi
So I realized I never actually posted the link that I promised way back when, though I did upload the files at the time; they're at SotSW. Not all are Shadowrun-inspired, but the naming can probably indicate pretty clearly which ones are.

It's all a little unpolished (to say the least), but Dante's Inferno still stands out in my mind as an enjoyable track.

~J
PBI
Could also try www.alarinmusic.com for Harmony Steel/Alarin SR music....
Kagetenshi
What do you know, apparently her bandwidth situation changed in the last four years.

Ah well.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012