Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Secrets 2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fistandantilus4.0
Here's some more to pick your brain with. I don't know the answers to any of these, and I'm wondering if anyone else does.

1) The fate of 'Renny', the first of Dr. Halbestrem's experimnets. He makes a brief apperance in, I believe Virtual Realities 2.0, then that's it.
2) The fate of Daniel Howling Coyote (other than ..."he mysteriously idssapeared'
3) What happened to the Great Dragon Earthroot/Root Protector (apparently Celedyr's mentor/teacher) other than conjecture about bring killed in his sleep.
4) What happened to leonardo after lowfyr trashed his little 'great porject'? There are some clues in Blood in the Boardroom. Any concrete answers?
5) Also another BinBR, who funded Arthur Vogel's Ares stock acquisition?
6) Cpt chaos' secret identity (I'm Batman! Would you like to ride with Batman!?)
7) The missing Coins of luck, any clues where?
8)Random items from Big D's will lick the Tapestry of Fate or the Ring of Ouroboros bequethed to Ryumyo. Any idea what the deal with these things is?
9) Another importnat one from the will. Dunkelzhan left a vaccine that was to be given to every child born after Oct. 31st, 2060. That date has passed. Any official answer as to which, if any , goverments actually did this? You would think the UCAS might at least CONSIDER it, since he WAS the President.
10) Kind of random one: Is Grind of the Red Hot nukes the same Grind from Assests, Inc?

Herald of Verjigorm
1) New Zealand
2) Harley appeared out of nowhere, slapped him, tugged him to the metaplanes, and shouted "Look what you did!!!" before leaving him there
3) worst hangover in draconic lore
4) working on a superconductor based computing system in the antarctic
5) Miramax
6) Marcus Antwel
7) Vegas slot machines by mistake
8) I don't want to lick either of them really
9) some book prevented it from happening, some enraged rant about it turning everyone into dragon-dependant slaves
10) read the physical descriptions, that should help you decide

Disclaimer: The above may or may not be misinformation. Also, this dsclaimer may or may not be disinformation.
fistandantilus4.0
That's the last time I forget to spell check.
Fortune
From memory ... with a bit of conjecture.

#2. Danny Boy makes an appearance in the third book of the Secrets of Power trilogy of novels.

#4. Personally, I think he's enslaved in Antarctica working on Matrix stuff for Golden Snout.

#7. Lung has the Second. He is trying to acquire the First and Fourth (he doesn't want all 4). Sharon Chang-Wu, the wife of Wuxing CEO Wu Lung-Wei has the Third. Wuxing wants all 4. The Fourth I believe is in the hands of Akira Kageyama. I don't know the current whereabouts of the First.

#8. The Tapestry hangs in the White House.

#9. A Humanis raid destroyed the vaccine, preventing it's distribution.
Cynic project
I forget what book, but I think it was DoSW, that basicly said that Elf was dead.
Fortune
Really? Got a quote, because I remember no such thing?
blinkin
Daniel Howling Coyote, does anyone else think he is the Guide person referred to in SoNA as Whitebird's teacher?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (Fortune @ Jan 5 2005, 04:56 PM)
#7. Lung has the Second. He is trying to acquire the First and Fourth (he doesn't want all 4). Sharon Chang-Wu, the wife of Wuxing CEO Wu Lung-Wei has the Third. Wuxing wants all 4. The Fourth I believe is in the hands of Akira Kageyama. I don't know the current whereabouts of the First.

Hmmm... in the back of SoTA 2064 in the listings of top ten runs, one was about a team that acquired something of value from the estate of someone important in HK. I don't have the book on hand right now, but it did say who's estate it was. It wasn't any of the people listed by Fortune was it? Because if so, there might be a new owner for one of the coins... wink.gif
Fortune
The First Coin was given to a fisherman, who was subsequently killed and the coin taken, only to be stolen again (and again). It made its way to Denver, where it again was stolen and disappeared, this time with no known trace.

The locations of the Second and Third are confirmed in canon (DotSW) as of 2064. The Fourth was covered in Tails You Lose (IIRC).
fistandantilus4.0
So Fortune, Humanis is supposed to have destroyed this vaccine? Where's that referenced?
Fortune
It was the subject of one of the novels. Going from memory, I think it was The Forever Drug.
Crimsondude 2.0
It was The Forever Drug.
Kremlin KOA
on the vaccine
my guess was it was supposed to stop future incidents of SURGE
Fortune
So why would it only be specifically given to children born after Oct. 31st, 2060?

According to Ancient History's research ...

The vaccination was made based on compounds and enzymes found in dragon blood. Those who developed the vaccination believed they were imparting increased longevity to their children, while others (like Lofwyr) believed DUnkelzahn was attempting to create a new draconic servitor race. According to one of the leading researchers, the vaccine may have resulted in a new metatype, and the date was critical, as the mana level had to be high enough for the vaccine to activate. The vaccine was destroyed before it could be distributed by a raid of Humanis Policlubbers, who were indirect pawns of Lofwyr.
Fix-it
So... Half dragons?

What metatypes are we missing in SR that were in Earthdawn?
Zeel De Mort
Tieflings, T'Skrang and Obsidimen mainly.

T'Skrang are about the closest to half dragons out of the three, if that's what you're looking for.

I'm not sure any of them are related to the vaccine, but I would imagine one or more of them will show up again at some point.
Moon-Hawk
Can you build a T'Skrang out of SURGE effects?
fistandantilus4.0
Tieflings are the feind -blooded guys from D&D. I think you're thinking of windlings, the little sprite guys w/ racial astral sight. I wonder if the mystery lady of the Draco Foundation(gracie I think) is one ofthe first. If I remember right, the Tir Na nog source book made some reference to Sprites as well. Are these the critters, or the first windlings?
Kagetenshi
Believed to be both. Sprites have not yet shown signs of sentience; this may have been damage sustained somehow or a sign that their sentience is dependent on mana level.

~J
fistandantilus4.0
Silly sprites! Sentience's for kids!

I know I shouldn't have, but I had to.
Garland
While I can get my brian around t'skrang actually being metahuman (allowing for draconic meddling of some sort), I kind of doubt obsidimen are "human." They're just too different; born from rocks, asexual, etc.
Zeel De Mort
Eh, d'oh! Yeah when I say Tieflings I mean Windlings... You know what I mean!

Lady Door
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Here's some more to pick your brain with. I don't know the answers to any of these, and I'm wondering if anyone else does.

1) The fate of 'Renny', the first of Dr. Halbestrem's experimnets. He makes a brief apperance in, I believe Virtual Realities 2.0, then that's it.
2) The fate of Daniel Howling Coyote (other than ..."he mysteriously idssapeared'
3) What happened to the Great Dragon Earthroot/Root Protector (apparently Celedyr's mentor/teacher) other than conjecture about bring killed in his sleep.
4) What happened to leonardo after lowfyr trashed his little 'great porject'? There are some clues in Blood in the Boardroom. Any concrete answers?
5) Also another BinBR, who funded Arthur Vogel's Ares stock acquisition?
6) Cpt chaos' secret identity (I'm Batman! Would you like to ride with Batman!?)
7) The missing Coins of luck, any clues where?
8)Random items from Big D's will lick the Tapestry of Fate or the Ring of Ouroboros bequethed to Ryumyo. Any idea what the deal with these things is?
9) Another importnat one from the will. Dunkelzhan left a vaccine that was to be given to every child born after Oct. 31st, 2060. That date has passed. Any official answer as to which, if any , goverments actually did this? You would think the UCAS might at least CONSIDER it, since he WAS the President.
10) Kind of random one: Is Grind of the Red Hot nukes the same Grind from Assests, Inc?

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1] Isn't there a refernce to some sort of volcano or something exploding the same day that the vaccine was supposed to be distribuuted??
Kremlin KOA
T'skramg windlings and obsidimen are mentioned to not be part of the human myth that namegiver races were once humans
Jrayjoker
Could you restate that please? I lost what you were saying after the word "myth".
Kagetenshi
There is a myth in Earthdawn, denied by the Elves, that once Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, Orks, and Humans were all the same race. This myth does not extend to Windlings, T'skrang, or Obsidimen.

~J
Kremlin KOA
okay so it's reality and not a myth
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Plan B)
Isn't there a refernce to some sort of volcano or something exploding the same day that the vaccine was supposed to be distribuuted??

No. The Fed-Boeing volcano erupted on October 3, 2060.
Jrayjoker
Thanks I am pretty sure I got it now.
Demonseed Elite
I'm not officially speaking, because this is always subject to change, but I think Leonardo is most likely deceased. Killed by Lofwyr, as a good example of what great dragons are still capable of doing to the immortal elves in they meddle too much in a dragon's affairs.

However, Leonardo was an immortal elf with a lot of ideas and plans, and his plans may still be rolling as we speak. wink.gif
Fortune
I'd think he was too valuable to Lofwyr to just toast. And since it is stated that Golden Snout has a great advantage over everyone in monitoring the Matrix, Leo could be one reason why and how this came about.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm with Fortune on this one. I think Lowfyr would be more likely to forcibly recruit someone of leonardo's ability than gulp him down. Although you have to admit that destroying his 'Great Work' just for hacking his system is pretty harsh, especially since it probably ties into the horrors. (Doesn't everythig with these guys).
I found te Blood in the Boardroom reference by the way. By the end of it, all you have to show is one OCC disc w/ an "unbreakable encryption" which says something for the game where you "don't say no, assign a target number". And also one Renraku suit w/ some info in his headware memory that ends up (most likely) with either Ehran or Hestaby.
Hmmmm..... continuing plotline maybe?
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Killed by Lofwyr, as a good example of what great dragons are still capable of doing to the immortal elves in they meddle too much in a dragon's affairs.

With Vast Green about, there is no need of further example.

~J
Demonseed Elite
Leonardo is an asset, yah, but he's never been particularly good at working for/with other people. Even in Earthdawn, where he did his own thing. I'm not sure Lofwyr could keep a leash on Leonardo without ruining what makes Leonardo an asset, and he probably knew that.

And it wasn't just about Leo hacking into Lofwyr's network; didn't he also arrange for the theft of Saeder-Krupp nuclear assets as part of his whole blackmail/framing plot?

Lofwyr just doesn't tend to show much patience with people who mess with him that much. Whether they are valuable or not.

Also, keep in mind that while the Great Work may have been developed to combat the Horrors, the great dragons and the immortal elves have disagreed violently in the past about how to deal with the Horrors. There was much contention in the Fourth World between the great dragons' methods for protecting metahumanity from the Horrors and the immortal elves' (particularly Thera's) methods to do the same.
Ancient History
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Jan 7 2005, 05:49 PM)

Also, keep in mind that while the Great Work may have been developed to combat the Horrors, the great dragons and the immortal elves have disagreed violently in the past about how to deal with the Horrors.  There was much contention in the Fourth World between the great dragons' methods for protecting metahumanity from the Horrors and the immortal elves' (particularly Thera's) methods to do the same.

Not /quite/ correct. The contention was rather who got to play the role of savior rather than whose method was superior. And e'en the IE's haqd their differences.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Jan 7 2005, 11:49 AM)
And it wasn't just about Leo hacking into Lofwyr's network; didn't he also arrange for the theft of Saeder-Krupp nuclear assets as part of his whole blackmail/framing plot?

Yes. He stole a tacnuke, painted the Papal seal on it and launched it at himself.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Jan 7 2005, 11:49 AM)

Yes. He stole a tacnuke, painted the Papal seal on it and launched it at himself.

And people wonder how IEs still gain karma after all these millennium. That's got'to be worth at least 1 for humor. rotfl.gif
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
I'm not officially speaking, because this is always subject to change, but I think Leonardo is most likely deceased. Killed by Lofwyr, as a good example of what great dragons are still capable of doing to the immortal elves in they meddle too much in a dragon's affairs.

However, Leonardo was an immortal elf with a lot of ideas and plans, and his plans may still be rolling as we speak. wink.gif

Well well well... Ends of the World in Target: Wastelands... rotfl.gif
But then this may only be a rumor grinbig.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012