Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Focus Idea
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nomad
One thing that has annoyed me is the more detrimental effects that bioware can have over cyberware. It only causes virtual magic loss, which is supposed to be less harmful to the magician. Yet, the player cannot take a geas against the loss. Therefore I propose a new focus category to deal with this problem. For lack of a better term, I'm calling it a limited power focus due to the fact that all its doing is elminitating the "resistivity" of the magic loss, not raising the magic power. Right now I'm thinking that the cost should be Force x 30,000 with a bonding cost of 3 x force. I want to know if all of you think this is too broken of an idea or a useful one.
Solidcobra
what about "Conduit" focus? (since the book says that bio is kind of slowing down the magic "electricity")
And let it work so that a force 1 conduit would let you use bio up to Bio index 1 without penalty, force 2 lets you use it to B.I: 2 and so on.....
Nomad
I forgot to mention that force 1 covers 1 point of bio index.

Good idea on the name, thanks
Kagetenshi
Though for most Physads, you have to start taking a lot of bioware before it starts mattering in the least.
I personally ruled virtual magic reduction to apply to drain calculation (determining whether stun or physical) only, indicating the extra effort of pushing the magic through.

~J
Orgone Accumulator
Well, if a Focus is being proposed, I suppose Adepts could have a power to counter the resistance since they already do funky things with their body. I have no idea how much it would cost or whether or not other powers (Magic Sense, for example) should be prerequisites.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012