Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milwaukee & St. Louis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LordHaHa
Is there any available information on these two cities in any of the SR sourcebooks or novels? I know that there's a small bit of info on St. Louis in the UCAS section of Shadows Of NorthAm, but not much else. The same for Milwaukee. Other than the Mafia angle, there seems to be no info on those cities.

Not that I need much help with the Milwaukee bit, considering I live right next door to it in RL - but I am curious in regards to whatever official info there is on it.

St. Louis material is somewhat more important, as the campaign I'm running is HQ'ed out of that city...
Cynic project
Consider yourself lucky. They rearranged the map of CSF as in where the geogaphic places are. Sometimess no news,it good news-.^
Crimsondude 2.0
Nope. You're pretty much stuck with what's in SoNA.
Jrayjoker
Do a search for your cities on google with some Shadowrun qualifiers in it for good measure. I found some stuff on Minneapolis (non-canon) that way.
LordHaHa
I've done some searches on Google on this particular subject in the past. I've certainly found useful material for Shadowrun - but not very much in regards to these cities, unfortunately. It's is somewhat odd, considering that they should be fairly active due to their geographical locations.

I would imagine that Milwaukee would function as a surrogate Chicago (at least after Bug City, at any rate) but without the charm.

Mapwise, St. Louis looks like it would have UCAS/CAS/Souix spygames out the whatever. East STL would put the Redmond Barrens to shame (hell, today it looks like a demilitarized zone), and could possibly harbor some Insect Spirits as well. The whole city could conceivably have enough activity going on to make it the midwest's equivalent of Seattle.

That being said, i'm surprised that there is so little non-official stuff pertaining to these cities on the web or otherwise - and that there's practically nothing from FASA/FanPro.

Of course, Japanacorps have world-wide influence in SR and they haven't gotten around to doing a "Asian Sourcebook" until recently, so...

LordHaHa
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Jan 7 2005, 04:10 AM)
Consider yourself lucky. They rearranged the map of CSF as in where the geogaphic places are.  Sometimess no news,it good news-.^

CSF?

LordHaHa
Jason Farlander
I assume Cynic meant CFS, or California Free State.
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Jason Farlander @ Jan 7 2005, 01:16 PM)
I assume Cynic meant CFS, or California Free State.

That's what I thought as well, but I wasn't sure.

LordHaHa
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, anyway, Cynic makes a good point: If FanPro did write more about your hometown, would you appreciate it or just bitch about it? I prefer the latter, but I'm a bastard that way.
Kanada Ten
If FanPro did write more about your hometown, would you appreciate it or just bitch about it?

Can't we do both? I want more about Chi-town... but they better make Cathrine the Chief of Police and Martial Law brutally enforced! Paranoid government lacing the food supply with insecticide...
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Well, anyway, Cynic makes a good point: If FanPro did write more about your hometown, would you appreciate it or just bitch about it? I prefer the latter, but I'm a bastard that way.

I'd probably give a book the business if the info in it had absolutely no relationship with the overall profile of the area what-so-ever.

I can see it now...

Me (GM): "Ooh! Shadows of the Midwest, including detailed info on Milwaukee! Yes Please!"

*purchases book, head's home and studies book*

Me (GM): "Hmm...it says here that Milwaukee is a nice, pleasant city where all the people don't have problems driving under 100 MPH on I-94 Eastbound at 8 AM on a weekday and there's a temple of fast food at every corner and all the panda's were happy all the live long day."

*reads further*

Me (GM): "This map of the UCAS places Milwaukee around the upper peninsula of Michigan, twenty miles south of Escanaba in the middle of Lake Michigan."

Me (GM): "..."

*15 minutes later*

Me (GM): "Well, that was a waste of money. Fortunately, my bookstore has a book return policy which involves sending bad books to cat ladies or poor kids in the inner city who turn them into Christmas decorations or bullet-proof vests that don't work but sell them to tourists who don't know any better at full price. Gotta get me a Double Cheeseburger."

Etc.

But anyway, that's probably more or less what would transpire - if I actually lived there. I live right next to it, though, so close enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012