Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piece of bioware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chance359
About seven or eight years ago I came across a website with a title like "Universal Omnitech catalog 2058" or something like that. It included a piece of bioware that I think would be possible with the Genetech for SOTA 2063.

Physique Potential Assist:
Level 1: 0.25 BI 75,000 nuyen.gif
Level 2: 0.5 BI 150,00 nuyen.gif
Level 3: 0.75 BI 250,000 nuyen.gif

Each level adds one to the racial maximum. The character has to pay karma for each attribute at a x2 multiplier instead of the usual x3 for exceeding the racial modified limit.

Example: John Longbone ork Sam dips into his piggy bank and gets outfitted with level 2 Assist. His new racial maximums are Body: 11, Quickness: 8, Strength: 10. He'll still have to pay Karma to raise them, but it'll be a lot cheaper.

Any thoughts?
Herald of Verjigorm
It's already in the genetech in SOTA63.
Chance359
This goes somewhat beyond Phenotypic Alteration, but I do see how alike they are.

I now go back to lurking.
Herald of Verjigorm
If you wanted to create a more phenotypic alteration option, you could use those (the ones you found) as a base for how the cost and bio index progression grows and apply that to the official option.
LordHaHa
Or you could make both modifications mutually exclusive.

LordHaHa
Adarael
I'm rather curious for the rationale as to how it works. I see nothing wrong, rules wise, with what it does. However, I tend not to let bits of ware into my games unless I can find a rationale for how they'd work concurrent with the available technology of that time and world.

How's this puppy work, then?
SporkPimp
QUOTE (Adarael @ Jan 8 2005, 02:41 AM)
However, I tend not to let bits of ware into my games unless I can find a rationale for how they'd work concurrent with the available technology of that time and world.

How's this puppy work, then?

In the spirit of ruthenium cloaks that make you more invisible than being invisible does, and rifles that can bypass layers of armor by being aimed, very carefully, at the person on the other side of them, I submit that it works as such:

It makes you look like the Macho Man Randy Savage.
Edit: Who, obviously, would have higher maximums. Being Macho and all that.

-Albert
Contributing nothing.
Crimson Jack
I just think its funny that there's a runner out there with the street name, John Longbone. Watch out ladies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012