Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger 2 vs Rigger 3
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
I haven't seen Rigger 3 yet, is it enough of an improvement over Rigger 2 that its worth the money, or can I get by just converting R2?
TechnoDruid
Pick up Rigger 3 Revised. It's worth it.
James McMurray
Can you give me a rundown of some of the changes that make it worthwhile?
Fortune
Pretty much everything worth mentioning was changed in some manner.
James McMurray
Change doesn't always mean better. Can anyone even give me a few examples of how things improved?
Kanada Ten
R3R has pictures? Though they're from the original RBB and thus outdated. Personally, I don't think you need R3R if you have R2 unless you have a spare 30$ and a rigger happy player.
senior drekface
I never got Rigger 2 but recently picked up Rigger 3. I find it to be one of the best sorcebooks I have read. I am using a bunch more drones and cars in my games now.
TechnoDruid
Yeah, the section with New Toys makes it worth having, for me anyhow. I don't recall if naval guns and the like were in R2...I don't believe so...
Fix-it
Naval guns and stuff for R2 rules were in cyberpirates.
James McMurray
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll hold off on Rigger 3 and just use Rigger 2. If a player wants to play a rigger and really wants to be 3rd edition compliant I'll let them pick it up. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I can't find my Riger2 anymore, but have R3. Things I miss the most, rules for anthroforms, and the stats for the Jabberwock missle. Those things were great!
Mumbles
I like Rigger 3 on the whole, but the original printing was just about the worst edited Shadowrun Sourcebook ever. They even included typos that were present in Rigger 2. smile.gif

A good many of the rules changes are nice and useful, but some weren't so nice. One personal pet peeve of mine is that they changed the aircraft take-off and landing rules. In Rigger 2 the take-off and landing distances were a function of the aircracft's body. In Rigger 3 its a set distance, so your Body 1 Fixed wing Drone and your Body 9 airliner have the same take-off and landing profile. STOL and VSTOL help somewhat, but you're still left with ridiculous distances.

Some of the things I did like are the inclusion of sizes of assembled and unassembled drones, and some new vehicle options for things like Photo-voltaic paint, morphing license plates, etc....
Sabosect
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
I can't find my Riger2 anymore, but have R3. Things I miss the most, rules for anthroforms, and the stats for the Jabberwock missle. Those things were great!

The Jabberwock missile is in Cannon Companion.

Personally, I find R3 to be interesting. Evil to players, but interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012