Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 206X Dodge Tomahawk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Foreigner
Greetings.

I have a copy of RIGGER 3: REVISED, and I was wondering whether it would be feasible (and more importantly, legal under the rules) to adapt the Dodge Tomahawk to SR.

For those of you who might not have heard of it, the Dodge Tomahawk is a large motorcycle, powered by an all-aluminum version of the 488-C.I.D. (approximately 8 Liters), 500-H.P. V-10 engine that powers the Dodge Viper roadster/coupe. Here's the link, if you want to read more about it: Dodge Tomahawk

It weighs approximately 700 pounds--most of which is the engine--and has a theoretical top speed in excess of 400 M.P.H. (644 K.P.H.), with projected )-60 M.P.H. times in the 2.5-second range.

I say "theoretical" because, although the prototype (which made its debut at the Detroit Auto Show a couple of years ago) has been tested on a dynamometer and has even been driven, no one has pushed it beyond about 60 M.P.H. (96.5 K.P.H.) because, to be frank, they're scared of it.

The Tomahawk was put into limited production last year, but there are a couple of catches--first, it costs over $100,000 (in today's currency), and second, the production models are deliberately sold without a driveshaft, but are otherwise fully functional. The idea is that, while anyone who can afford one could also, at least theoretically, make it operational by having a driveshaft made, having one installed would void the factory warranty. In addition, I doubt that any reputable insurance company would go anywhere near someone who modified one in that fashion, and then was foolish enough to try to ride it.

Anyway, I was thinking (bad habit, I know smile.gif )--with Rigger adaptations, would it be possible to adapt this monstrosity to SHADOWRUN?

The only other type of individual who could safely ride one, at least to me, would be a Mage/Shaman/Adept with a VERY powerful Increased Reflexes spell, or a Street Sam/Rigger hybrid.

Although I suppose one of the metatype variants with some form of Regeneration could also do it.... smile.gif

--Foreigner
Lindt
Seriously, LOOK at the thing... 4 wheels, and a HUGE engine. Also, the production moter is said to be the current viper moter, producing aprox. 500 HP and 500 ft/lbs of torque, out of a 500 CI powerplant. Did I also mention that its CRAZY? Im pretty sure something was beating around right after it debuted, so check the archives. Remember the search function is your friend.
Tarantula
Go see the supersonic rigger car threads, change the chassis to a motorcycle, and see what you can do with it.

As far as who could ride it. Rigger with VCR3. The -TN + control pool = better than a whole ton of reflex dice.
Catsnightmare
If a player wanted to ride that thing in SR. I'd do like in Bubblegum Crisis and make the char wear full suit Military bodyarmor with no less than a datajack (or trode helmet) link to even drive it.
Foreigner
Catsnightmare:

I hadn't even THOUGHT of that.

So 'trode rigs can be used by non-Riggers to control a Rigger-equipped vehicle, hmm?

As far as I knew, all they were good for was allowing a non-Decker to piggyback along with a Decker in the Matrix, or access it on his/her own.

You learn something new every day. smile.gif

Funny you should mention Bubblegum Crisis ; a former PC in the
Play-By-America Online Instant Messenger campaign in which I'm currently involved adapted his character, a Street Sam/Rigger motorcyclist, from another anime--AKIRA, I think, although I'm not certain.

--Foreigner
Tarantula
I believe you can use a trode rig in the same manner as a datajack, without, of course, needing a datajack with vehicles. Nothing other than that +1 reaction however.
Garland
I thought a datajack provided -1 to handling tests.
Tarantula
Nope. Only a +1 to reaction.
Kagetenshi
No, a datajack does indeed provide a -1 to some tests. Don't remember which offhand, though.

~J
Grimtooth
New Luxury commuter - Dodge King Kobra

Found this on the CGTalk forum
Foreigner
Tarantula, Garland, Kagetenshi:

Thanks for clearing that up. smile.gif

As I've mentioned, my current PC is a Magician's Way Adept, and I was wondering if there was a way for a magically-active character to operate a Rigged vehicle without having a VCR implanted.

--Foreigner
Garland
We cleared something up? I think you're not reading very carefully... nyahnyah.gif
Tarantula
You're right Kage. Its +1 reaction for vehicle-related tests. -1 TN to vehicle driving tests, and +1TN to anything thats not the vehicle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012