Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPCs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
James McMurray
Can someone please point me to a good source of generic NPCs.
Chance359
Mr. Johnson' Little Black Book.
Jrayjoker
Contacts from SR2 GM screen
Kanada Ten
The Shadowrun Supplemental has NPCs and such in many issues, as well.
James McMurray
Thansk! Any more online resources? I'm pretty broke, but Mr. Johnson's Little Black Book is definitely on my "buy it when I can" list.
Smiley
All the generic NPCs in the books are a little low-powered, I find. If you need cannon fodder, they're great, but I usually just toss together a starting character and multiply him by as many as I need. Varied as necessary.
GrinderTheTroll
I think I have BlackJack's big book of NPCs or somesuch at home. His site is down, not sure if it's coming back up, but I will see what I can do about hosting the file in the next few days.
fistandantilus4.0
Another good way to do it (assumiing you have the time) is get some of your own pregenerated. You won't need stats for all of them. Just work out the bare-bones (inferior, equal, superior) and then concentrate on personality. What makes NPC's most memorable isn't who's got the highest ettiqutte skill, but who has the most personality quirks, is funny, scary, etc. Try making their personality just like you would a PC of yours. If you can invest that much into an NPC personality wise, they;ll be a lot more memorable.
Unless you're looking for stats for cab drivers. Then try Mr. J's Black Book (when you can). Look it over first though, to make sure it's what you're looking for.
James McMurray
I don't know if I'll ever need a cab driver, but I am looking for general people: gangers, various levels of security forces, law enforcement, border gaurds, etc.

For unique people meant to be more than just a backdrop or a one shot adversary I always make them from the ground up. And sometimes players decide to talk to an extra. When that happens I think of a personality, a few goals, and a couple of quirksthen and there, and then right them down (if I remember).
kevyn668
There's an NPC generater somewhere out there. When I get back to my other computer I'll try to find it.
Adam
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
The Shadowrun Supplemental has NPCs and such in many issues, as well.

And our new publishing schedule makes it much easier for us to publish, say, a couple pages of related NPCs at a time, or a small location with statted up NPCs, that sort of thing. No more waiting 3 issues for Places to Go, People to See...
Rajaat99
I have afew NPC's on my website, under the GM section on the lower left.
http://www.geocities.com/rajaat99/My Webpage. I'll always take a shameless opportunity.
James McMurray
QUOTE (kevyn668)
There's an NPC generater somewhere out there. When I get back to my other computer I'll try to find it.

Any luck finding it? <crosses fingers>
kevyn668
Opps! I'm so sorry, dude. I completely forgot. embarrassed.gif

I'll email my office computer to remind me.
James McMurray
Thanks! smile.gif
kevyn668
I have good news and bad news.

(I felt guilty. Luckily-depending your POV-my Google Fu is strong)

The good news is I found it. The bad news is the link to the actual generator seems dead. I hoping that its only just my lame ass home Mac. Let me know if it works.
GrinderTheTroll
Still working for me. Good news is they added a "Bug" generator....mmm....hives.
kevyn668
Very cool!

I'm glad you like the bugs. I'm sure your players will thank me someday for the opportunity to earn more karma. smile.gif

Edit: IIRC, the Bug Generator was there the last time I checked.
2nd Edit: Not just hives, quick hives vegm.gif
James McMurray
Thanks! The bug generator just might make my players mad at you. :
kevyn668
Your welcome.

Eh, that's cool. I got tired of making my players mad at me. smile.gif
Kanada Ten
Dashifen Character Record System also has a NPC Group Generator that can make 1 or more NPCs with x% Awakened and however many of the races. No metavarients though.
kevyn668
Way to rain on my parade, omae. I have over 2200 posts and (counting the above) about 5 of them were actually useful. biggrin.gif
James McMurray
Thanks!
kevyn668
frown.gif No NERPS for Kevyn...<heavy sigh>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012