Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pentagon's secret weapons.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
iPad
With all the talk of current SOTA stuff like the XM8 I thought I would highlight the wackier stuff.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1245741.html

I recon all thats possible by 2064 so who would actually inflict this on their players?
Kanada Ten
I have no problem with chemtech like some of those presented, though I restrict it to similar legality and such of the heavier chemicals found in Man and Machine. For effects, I generally treat it like a spell of a force equivalent to rating in terms of power and area affect on a quantitative scale. The more extreme should be more rare than naval weapons, but YMMV.
Panzergeist
That gay chemical introduces an interesting political-moral dilemma. Normally it's the democrats who are scared silly of accidentally bombing civilians, but with that stuff, it might just be the other way around.
Jonah
I wonder if it comes in pink misslies or if the helicopters sparying it play 'Its Raining Men' over loud speakers.
Arethusa
Provoking widespread homosexual behaviour among troops would cause a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale, the proposal says.

<rimshot!>

Haha, I kill me. Thanks, guys, I'll be here all week.
toturi
Well, that's certainly "Make love AND war"!
Fix-it
QUOTE (toturi)
Well, that's certainly "Make love AND war"!

Um...

Isn't the point of this weapon that so your enemies are NOT making war, but instead making love with each other??? indifferent.gif
toturi
Ahhh... but you are making war with them, while they are busy making love to each other.
Jrayjoker
It would be like fighting the greeks all the time.
ShortBusFury
Ahhh... but you are making war with them, while they are busy making love to each other.

This has already happened actually...

...elves. spin.gif
Kanada Ten
I was thinking they planned on using the weapon to demoralize Muslim nations, not just armies. Funny though, now any time they find a gay Muslim you know who they'll blame, right? Can you say "Pin the tail on the Great Satan"?
Panzergeist
I guess this would be a weapon of ass destruction.
U_Fester
QUOTE (Jonah)
I wonder if it comes in pink misslies or if the helicopters sparying it play 'Its Raining Men' over loud speakers.

you need help....
Nikoli
Now I have this idea for an SR movie stuck in my head:

2 drag-queens and a transexual buy an old missile truck on the black market, from some nice swedish student and trek it across the outback singing ABBA songs only to fire the above mentioned weapon at some unsuspecting monument in Australia.
Tarantula
QUOTE (Panzergeist)

The pun... it BURNS!
Jrayjoker
Bad Panzergeist, no doughnut!
Birdy
On the other hand, one should remember the Theban sacred band, one of the most elite units in the ancient world:

500 pairs of homosexuals, one with a big shield, one with a spear. Worked on the "I won't run away where my lover can see me" principle.

So that weapon might backfire a bit. Sadly trucks don't get into runt otherwise we could re-play a battle in the Crusades...

Birdy
krishcane
The idea of distracting people with something else so that they won't attack you is a good one.... why not just drop lots of Prozak? And pipe in fascinating reality TV shows? That's how we pacify our own nation, so it seems to work.

--K
bitrunner
QUOTE (Tarantula)
QUOTE (Panzergeist @ Jan 18 2005, 09:00 AM)

The pun... it BURNS!

you know, they have an ointment for that... biggrin.gif
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
But against the Tirs, it is USELESS!

Haha, poncy elves...
Tarantula
QUOTE (bitrunner)
QUOTE (Tarantula @ Jan 18 2005, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (Panzergeist @ Jan 18 2005, 09:00 AM)

The pun... it BURNS!

you know, they have an ointment for that... biggrin.gif

Welcome to the land of double entendre.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (U_Fester)
QUOTE (Jonah @ Jan 17 2005, 08:57 PM)

you need help....

Do you deny that it is an awesome idea?

*Wanders off singing "It's Raining Men"*

Halitosis-weapon could be used to identify Shadowrunners.

~J
bitrunner
....unless they have Clean Metabolism....
Jrayjoker
Or it could identify half the male population under the age of 20
Thistledown
The one for having the skin be sensitive to sunlight is easy. Just give them high doses of Dioxycyclene (with DMSO, I suppose). It's an antibiotic with the side effect of sunlight sensitivity (some more than others, it's extremely powerful on me.)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012