Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Determining Size
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nessin
Probably a stuipd question, but how do you determine the size of a drone? Some of them don't have descriptions that mention it, or pictures, and I'm looking specifically for small drones I can easily carry into a building in a backpack or something. Some of them are obvious, like a spider drone, but most don't have an reference I can make out.
GrinderTheTroll
The relative sizes are in the descriptions of the different Chasis types in R3R.
Kagetenshi
Body 0 and Body 1 drones would be what you're looking for. Body 1 is typically around toaster-sized, with some flux either way.

~J
Nessin
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
The relative sizes are in the descriptions of the different Chasis types in R3R.

I'm assuming that's Rigger 3, which I don't have available. Right now I've just got a copy of the Third Edition rulebook in front of me. (And the GM doesn't have Rigger 3, just Rigger 2)
Nessin
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Body 0 and Body 1 drones would be what you're looking for. Body 1 is typically around toaster-sized, with some flux either way.

~J

Much appreciated, although now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to be an effective party member in a firefight:)
GrinderTheTroll
Check this thread if you are curious about some folks thoughts on R2 vs. R3.

It's a good sourcebook IMO, well worth the money, plus you'll find it harder to get an answer to your R2 questions atleast here anyways. wink.gif
Nessin
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Check this thread if you are curious about some folks thoughts on R2 vs. R3. 

It's a good sourcebook IMO, well worth the money, plus you'll find it harder to get an answer to your R2 questions atleast here anyways. wink.gif

I'll probably get it if I like playing a Rigger. It's just this is my first game ever played (along with the rest of my group, the GM is the only one with experience), hence the lack of books and why I haven't ran out to buy any. Don't want to invest in books for Riggers if I don't like playing a Rigger:).
Kagetenshi
Throw toasters at them smile.gif

Focus on being effective with your vehicles and drones. It's very tough to also be good at in-person combat, but you don't have to be.

~J
Nessin
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jan 18 2005, 05:02 PM)
Throw toasters at them smile.gif

Focus on being effective with your vehicles and drones. It's very tough to also be good at in-person combat, but you don't have to be.

~J

Well, I figured I wasn't going to be "effective" as in helpful. I mean "effective" more in the sense of something else besides "Yeah, you guys go deal with them, I'll sit here and play my Gameboy SP 9000+."
Kagetenshi
I'd offer a few suggestions, then:

Shotguns.

Pistols, but the pistol that uses shotgun shells.

Fully-automatic weapons and suppressive fire.

All not needing high skill or costing much, so you can keep your main focus and still help out while outside of your vehicle..

~J
Nessin
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
I'd offer a few suggestions, then:

Shotguns.

Pistols, but the pistol that uses shotgun shells.

Fully-automatic weapons and suppressive fire.

All not needing high skill or costing much, so you can keep your main focus and still help out while outside of your vehicle..

~J

Hmm, I'll have to look for the Pistol that uses shotgun ammo, that could be interesting. I wanted to take something beyond Pistol, but the GM told us we'd be doing a lot of getting in without notice and fighting impossible odds if we did get noticed. Solution, small (easily concealable) weapons.
Kagetenshi
As a Rigger, though, you generally shouldn't be in yourself. The heavier weapons I'm suggesting because if the team Rigger gets into personal combat, it's usually a sign that the drek has hit the fan already.

~J
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Throw toasters at them

'Don't dis the Toaster unless you want to get burned!'

The followers of that Totem tend to get hot under the collar pretty quickly. Especially the Toxic ones!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012