Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In the Interim...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
UpSyndrome
Hi I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so I thought I'd ask the more knowledgable community about some of the events of YOTC, and what has happened in the time between then and 2064. For players in East Lansing, don't read the following.

[ Spoiler ]

-Joe
Crimson Jack
The SOTA books (63 and 64) do updates on world events, big runs, major findings, etc. Might want to check those books out.
Kagetenshi
[ Spoiler ]

~J
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
[ Spoiler ]

~J

Ha! That's a good idea. Make them join the dark side. biggrin.gif
Voran
Or, better yet, make them join the dark side without them realizing they're joining the darkside...until they've already committed acts that won't win them any favors from the opposing side.

"Wait...you mean all this time...we've actually been working for <X>?!"

On further thought, basically I guess I'm saying making it like...well...a normal SR smile.gif
UpSyndrome
Yeah, thanks all, esp Jack. I have those books but clean forgot about the update sections.

I most commonly reference 2063 for the genetech section, and 2064 for spies and adept powers. Having 20-odd 3rd edition sourcebooks, I sometimes forget about the goodies that each contains, despite the fact that I try to read each one cover to cover at least once.

-Joe
Kagetenshi
[ Spoiler ]

~J
UpSyndrome
I don't think so. I actually checked there first, mistakenly remembering the bit from YOTC as coming from there.

-Joe
Crimsondude 2.0
Basically--no, not much has been mentioned about Aztlan recently. The world's kind of a big place, you know. And maybe it's because a whole book about the region is in some stage of development.
Kagetenshi
And there's only so much to say.
[ Spoiler ]

~J
LordHaHa
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jan 20 2005, 02:27 PM)
And there's only so much to say.
[ Spoiler ]

~J

Perhaps it was all a sinister Azzie/Darke/Oscuro plot all along...
devil.gif

LordHaHa
Req
QUOTE (LordHaHa)
Perhaps it was all a sinister Azzie/Darke/Oscuro plot all along...

hmm, ya think? I thought it was clear that the reason the Azzies got all chemwar was precisely along those lines...
Jrayjoker
So wait, are you guys trying to tell me that the Azzies commit attrocities, and Darke is in on it. Wow! I never would have guessed. wink.gif

So basically it is up to us to figure out the details for our own purposes unless noted otherwise.
Moonstone Spider
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
So wait, are you guys trying to tell me that the Azzies commit attrocities, and Darke is in on it. Wow! I never would have guessed. wink.gif

So basically it is up to us to figure out the details for our own purposes unless noted otherwise.

You say that as if Shadowrun has ever been any other way. Has there been any SR book that doesn't leave the details up to the GM?
Jrayjoker
No, never. In fact I count on it most of the time. Half the time I am shocked when a player pulls out a book and specifically tells me that something else happened per canon. I just assume I can do whatever I want and there goes a sourcebook messing with me! twirl.gif
Synner
Another book with updates on the Yucatan situation is Dragons of the Sixth World.
Kanada Ten
If I were in the Yucatan, I would be carefully watching the actors in the Kilimanjaro Solution for signs of a second event...
Crimsondude 2.0
Especially the spirits. They may just decide to write off Kilimanjaro in the (relative) short-term in order to reinforce the beachhead they have in the Yucatan.
Fix-it
What?????

/hasn't read DOTSW.
Crimson Jack
The Hualpa section.
UpSyndrome
Oh yeah, thanks Synner. That particular book is cool, but collecting dust somewhere as my campaign is too new for me to want to bring dragons into the mix just yet.

-Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012