Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Simsense question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AceTachyon
New Seattle lists Holly Brighton as VisionQuest Entertainment's CEO.

Is this the same Holly Brighton who starred in the MegaMedia simsense FreeFall in 2046 (qv. "Free Fall," Into The Shadows braided novel)?

Any sources out there that detail her rise from simstar to studio head?
mfb
i thought Holly Brighton was an anchor at... uh, that news channel Dunk favored.
Bigity
She was Dunky's mouthpiece for a time also, I think.
Crimsondude 2.0
*ahem*

2012 - In Colorado, U.S.A., as the military tries to seal off Cherry Creek Lake, reporters from all over fight for an interview with Dunkelzahn. The winner is Holly Brighton, an early-evening weekend anchorwoman. The resulting 12 hour and 16 minute interview gives humanity its first real clues into the breadth [sic] and depth of the Awakening. Dunkelzahn earns $13 million dollars tax-free for participating. Holly Brighton maintains an informal business relationship with Dunkelzahn. (Dragon Magazine)

2042 - Holly Brighton retires from the media industry. (Dragon Magazine)

2057 - On August 11, at Lake Louise, Athabascan Council, NAN, President Dunkelzahn’s funeral is held. Hundreds of people of all types attend. Each person is given a chance to speak about President Dunkelzahn and what he meant to them. Holly Brighton sings “Ave Maria” while Nadja Daviar plays the harp. The pinnacle event is when a group of centaurs, long thought to be non-sentient, sings a beautiful version of “Amazing Grace”. (Press Conference Transcript (press conference on Dunkelzahn's assassination))

QUOTE (POAD: DS)

To Holly Brighton, my dear friend and one of the most exceptional humans it has been my pleasure to know, I leave ownership of Lake Louise and the VisionQuest Virtual Theme Park and its subsidiary companies and support services. It is my wish that she continue to reside there as she has done these past years.

She never served as Dunk's interpreter, though. It went Timmons, Ribero, Daviar, [Insert your favorite deity here].. Nevermind. She was translator. POAD: DS, 50. He only had three translators (Timmons, Riberio, Daviar). Super Tuesday, 95. Jesus, Kenson's idiocy really pisses me off.
U_Fester
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
*ahem*

2012 - In Colorado, U.S.A., ....
2042 - Holly Brighton retires....
2057 - On August 11, at ....

how old is she? She has to be in her 70's now
Crimsondude 2.0
Early 70s, is my best guess. She was a low-end weekend anchor in Denver, so I'd suspect she was in her mid- to late-20s when she interviewed Dunk.
U_Fester
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Early 70s, is my best guess. She was a low-end weekend anchor in Denver, so I'd suspect she was in her mid- to late-20s when she interviewed Dunk.

I can see that. Thanks.
AceTachyon
Okay, I see where I got mixed up.

Honey Brighton was in MegaMedia's Free Fall. Another source I just found notes that she is not related to Holly Brighton.

But thanks for the info on Holly. ::scribbles notes::
Crimsondude 2.0
hahaha

You know, I would have known that if it crossed my mind even for a second to type "Free Fall" into the Timeline Explorer, because it's in there.

But, at least I got to make Steve Kenson look as stupid as I think he is, so it's all good.

BTW, since you're scribbling notes you might want to add the one about how Brighton and Daviar hate each other.
AceTachyon
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
BTW, since you're scribbling notes you might want to add the one about how Brighton and Daviar hate each other.

Duly noted.

Is the reason for the spat covered in any sources? I mean, aside from their connection with Dunkelzahn? (Or is that the reason?)
Crimsondude 2.0
Daviar took over as "Queen Bee" of the Lake Louise Lair when she became his interpreter. Brighton has lived there, worked there, and generally enjoyed the comforts of being the mistress of the lair for decades until Davair came along.

Plus there probably is a bit of competition at trying to win his affections, although judging by some of the entries in his will, Dunk was a Player.
mfb
wait, is that honey and daviar that hate each other, or holly and daviar?
AceTachyon
QUOTE (mfb)
wait, is that honey and daviar that hate each other, or holly and daviar?

I think it's Holly and Daviar.
Crimsondude 2.0
Holly and Daviar.

Honey and Daviar is a T6W pr0n sim.
mfb
honey versus the dark brown nipples. heh.
Crimsondude 2.0
Large, mfb. Large.
AceTachyon
That one's made by Hollywood Simsense over in Redmond, right? biggrin.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, whoever made it would make a fortune. It'd be the Orgazmo (the movie in the moive, that is) of the 2060s.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012