Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about intros & covers for the upcoming books?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Blue eyes
Since it's more or less official that we can look forward to the following books in 2005:

Loose Alliances.
Shadows of Asia.
Running Wild.
Shadows of Latin America. (maybe).
Etc.

How about putting up something regarding these products on the official shadowrun site, this was done in 2003 & 2004 by The Powers that be !!!!!!!!!!

A short overview of the product, as well as the cover, could be cool, and wet all our appetites........ I know the a short intro regarding Loose Alliances and Running Wild has been up on the official german site for some time as well as the cover for Running Will.............

So here's hoping that it won't be too long before The Powers that be will let us have a peek.......... lick.gif

bit_buckethead
But Loose Alliances is all ready up on the main web site. Here is the link.

Loose Alliances

The text is repeated a bunch but it is readable.
Synner
Actually, I have a feeling the final cover of Loose Alliances will be slightly different (picture on the top right).

As for Running Wild a possible cover was posted on the German website a while back, find the Vorschau link on FanPro D's Shadowrun subpage.
akarenti
QUOTE (Synner)
Actually, I have a feeling the final cover of Loose Alliances will be slightly different (picture on the top right).

Is that picture what I think it is? A pair of trolls handing over a Humanis member to a pair of ghoul organleggers?

Both those images were a cut above some of the recent cover art. Very nice.
Synner
The reason I believe it's Loose Alliances' cover art is because it actually represents 3 of the groups mentioned in the book. Humanis is just one... care to guess the other 2? (tip: there's visual clues to both)
Adam
How about putting up something regarding these products on the official shadowrun site, this was done in 2003 & 2004 by The Powers that be !!!!!!!!!!

A short overview of the product, as well as the cover, could be cool, and wet all our appetites........ I know the a short intro regarding Loose Alliances and Running Wild has been up on the official german site for some time as well as the cover for Running Will.............

The introductions and mockup covers for most of these books simply aren't finished yet; Rob is exceptionally busy getting these projects developed, and I'm exceptionally busy doing a variety of other work for FanPro [Getting Shadowrun ebooks ready for DriveThruRPG.com, building FanProGames.com, working on ads for the convention season, etc]

There's no conspiracy to keep information away from Shadowrun fans -- the information simply just doesn't exist in a postable form yet.
akarenti
QUOTE (Synner)
The reason I believe it's Loose Alliances' cover art is because it actually represents 3 of the groups mentioned in the book. Humanis is just one... care to guess the other 2? (tip: there's visual clues to both)

I'd have to go with Tanamous and the Sons of Sauron.

After all the "Humanis backing this, Humanis repressing that, Humanis eating ork babies..." stuff, I'd kind of like to see some of the Pro Meta terrorist groups get a little spotlight. Esp. considering all of my players save one are human, and one of those humans is vocally racist. I'd like some cannon material on just who is going to kick is his ass next time he shoots off his mouth...

Blue eyes
QUOTE (bit_buckethead)
But Loose Alliances is all ready up on the main web site. Here is the link.

Thank you for the heads up, just goes to show that one should look a little more closely.....
Blue eyes
QUOTE (Adam)
The introductions and mockup covers for most of these books simply aren't finished yet; Rob is exceptionally busy getting these projects developed, and I'm exceptionally busy doing a variety of other work for FanPro [Getting Shadowrun ebooks ready for DriveThruRPG.com, building FanProGames.com, working on ads for the convention season, etc]

There's no conspiracy to keep information away from Shadowrun fans -- the information simply just doesn't exist in a postable form yet.

Okay Adam, I understand I'm just hungry for some official news regarding these projects. I'll take a few deep breaths and try to be a little patient....

But I'm still looking forward to whenever it will be put up on the homepage.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into shadowrun. biggrin.gif
Veracusse

Not to be a stick in the mud, but I think that this cover is a little, dare-I-say, childish mad.gif. Sure it is a gruesome picture, but I personally don't like it. I actuall really like the cover that it has right now on the official shadowrun site. That one looks cool!

Veracusse
Club
Like the covers of the CC and SR3?

IMHO, the original PANA and PAE covers were pretty good
otaku mike
QUOTE (Veracusse)
Not to be a stick in the mud, but I think that this cover is a little, dare-I-say, childish mad.gif. Sure it is a gruesome picture, but I personally don't like it. I actuall really like the cover that it has right now on the official shadowrun site. That one looks cool!

I'm not completely in love either, but it's only because the trolls are, once again, human-sized.
Blue eyes
I agree I also prefer the Loose Alliance cover put up on the official webpage, The trolls on the new one look more like orcs with horn.........

I'm crazy about the cover for Running wild found in the vorshau on the german page, it's really cool, with a beautiful painted setting, a cool looking runner team and some awesome looking critters.......

Here's hoping Shadows of Asia & Shadows of Latin America, get the same quality cover like Shadows of Europe, which is simply beautiful/awesome, featuring my favorite city in the world Paris.

Blue eyes
Ooops forget what I said, I magnified the new cover by Marc Sasso and It's absolutely amazing, the trolls look great, the details are stunning, and it's really cool to see the three groups represented on the cover. eek.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (Adam)
Getting Shadowrun ebooks ready for DriveThruRPG.com, building FanProGames.com, working on ads for the convention season, etc

As drivethrurpg.com just changed its system:
Will the SR ebooks be DRM-protected or (the new option) just watermarked?
Adam
No DRM.
Cynic project
Those that could be in said book.Winternight,Almos 20,000, SOA, the watchers, DF,SOS and many more.
Bigity
DRM?
Demosthenes
QUOTE (Bigity)
DRM?

Digital

Rights

Management
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Synner)

Ha! I didn't even notice who this was coming from until I read the quoted text.

I don't think the image on the official website is going to be the cover, either, because AFAIK they have never used recycled art for the cover of a subsequent book, and the cover art on the official page happens to be a color picture of an image from p.59 of the SR3Comp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012