Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hotel Run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
algcs
In the last run our group discovered we have easy access to a high class hotel's electrical room and access tunnels. It covers everything. Power, video, and matrix access, all labeled for our convienice. It seems they are in the middle of new construction and things are not as secure as they should be. biggrin.gif

In addition to that the group has access to a disgruntaled employee that was recently fired. This former employee is looking to make a quick buck and flee the country. He has a good idea of the relitive worth of all the current guests at the hotel, how they arrived at the hotel, what they have stored in the hotel vault, ande what they ask for from room service. He also knows how much security is on duty, when and where they go on break, and how good they are. Certain members of the party have to stay out of his sight or he will figure out why he was fired.

So what sort of things would you be looking for in the hotel? And what sort of stuff would you prepare for? Crazy stuff is fine cause I'm running next time and some of the group reads the boards. A little player parianoia never hurt.
Nikoli
I'd send someone crawling up the conduit and place the dataline taps out of sight. Monitor them and strike when ready. Not all runs have to come from a Johnson.
algcs
QUOTE (Nikoli)
I'd send someone crawling up the conduit and place the dataline taps out of sight. Monitor them and strike when ready. Not all runs have to come from a Johnson.

What would you be looking to strike for? A person or persons to ransom off? The expensive art on the walls? The briefcase of guy from Debeers that is coming in for the weekend? The ZO exec's labtop? The hotel vault with an assortment of valuables? Or the cars in the parking garage?

Or just tap it all hook it up to a wireless transmitter and sell it to a fixer.
Nikoli
I'd say, yes on all counts.
You especially want to get the tap into the hotel computers. The ones not on the Matrix, and use that to watch what else is going on.

Selling the hookups to a Fixer is one way of getting quick cash, but less fun in the long run.

I could see this as a contact maintenance thing, where you give the hookup to a fixer contact as a favor, then the GM occaisioanlly sends jobs their way when "something juicy" comes up. It'd get old really fast, but it can be fun if spaced out properly, after all, hit the same place too often and you ask to be setup for a Sting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012