Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Info on CAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AceTachyon
Which sourcebooks cover details for CAS? I'm interested in general stuff and also military information.

Also, which sourcebooks (including the above) give details about the Texas invasion of Aztlan?

Thanks.
Backgammon
Shadows of North America
mfb
i haven't looked through the results, but the timeline explorer has a number of dates listed if you do a search for 'texas'.
AceTachyon
Thanks. I've got SoNA on order and I'll check out the timeline explorer for more stuff.
Cynic project
ANd don't forget Target (U)CAS...
FlakJacket
The Neo-Anarchists Guide to North America gives quite detailed information on the Atlanta and Dallas/Fort Worth sprawls. Unfortunately it's out of print now so you'll have to look for it. Target: Smugglers Havens gives you information on the set-up in New Orleans. Like people have said, Shadows of North America updates things and gives you a good overview of the nation.
Johnny Reb
Online, the old Tourist's Guide to teh CAS was invaluable, but, alas, is nowhere to be found these days.

The CAS is terribly under-written at this stage. You can find information about Texas about everywhere, lots of New Orleans, and a good deal on Atlanta, but that's about it. Nashville gets a nod here or there, but, the rest?

Nothing.

Terrible shame, that.

-- Johnny Reb
Crimson Jack
Florida would be interesting to read about what's going on down there.
Kanada Ten
[Florida] is mostly in the Carribean League, with information found in Cyberpirates.

I'm surpirsed no one mentioned the Wiki, not that it has an over abundance of material...
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
[Florida] is mostly in the Carribean League, with information found in Cyberpirates.

I'm surpirsed no one mentioned the Wiki, not that it has an over abundance of material...

Huh? The southern tip is, including Miami, but I wouldn't consider it "mostly in" at all.
Kanada Ten
You're saying there is something in Florida besides Miami? nyahnyah.gif
FlakJacket
Yeah but Miami's the best bit. The rest of it's just crinkly old people people waiting to die. wink.gif
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
You're saying there is something in Florida besides Miami? nyahnyah.gif

Hmm, you might be right about that. biggrin.gif
CircuitBoyBlue
Isn't the Happiest Place on Earth in Florida, yet far away from Miami?

Kanada Ten
I thought [That Place] was its own nation, today.
Johnny Reb
Brisbyland, formed on the back of an animated bee and panda milk!

Wait.

-- Johnny Reb
FlakJacket
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue)
Isn't the Happiest Place on Earth in Florida, yet far away from Miami?

I thought it was Miami- sitting on Miami beach with a nice cold beer. smile.gif
tisoz
There is a big article on Nashville spanning a couple issues in Shadowland.
Fortune
I'd love to get my hands on some (if not all!) issues of that magazine.
tisoz
QUOTE (Fortune)
I'd love to get my hands on some (if not all!) issues of that magazine.

Can you put a $ amount on the extent of your love? I have them all.
Fortune
Nope. Excess money is just not a factor in my life. I barely have enough to pay rent and eat, let alone buy stuff like that. In the rare insances that I do have a little extra, it goes into SR books.

If you were feeling truly altruistic though, you might consider scanning them. wink.gif

The old Ka-Ge mags would also be nice, seeing as the people that used to produce those absconded with my money (along with quite a few other people's) without giving me anything in return. frown.gif
tisoz
I see a trend.

I missed the first issue of Shadowland, got 2-7 at the rpg shop, sent in money for back issue of #1 and a subscription. They sent me issue 1, cashed the check, and issued 'store credit' for the balance of the 20 some dollar subscription. I sent in my selection for a couple books I didn't really want. They must have known this, because they decided not to waste time, product, or postage sending them. Wrote them, no response. Tried calling, disconnected. Thought about stopping by on my way through KY, but I don't have very good luck with Kentuckians.

Maybe if I scan all of them and put them on a fileshare, they will come after me?
Fortune
I'm normally not a pro-fileshare type of guy when it comes to Shadowrun stuff, but I'd certainly make an exception in the case of those two mags. AFAIK, FASA and/or FanPro made no money out of those publications, nor did they have any official input (even though some of the contributing authors later went on to write for Shadowrun ... Kenson for one comes to mind).
Adam
Technically WizKids owns all the content now. There's some idle talk about offering them on DriveThruRPG in the future, but that's pretty far down the line.
Fortune
They own the content of Ka-Ge as well as Shadowland?
Adam
It is my understanding that they do, yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012