Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: time lines
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
waftalia
hey guys ,question here i was wondering how many of you dm's follow the shadowrun time line exactly or make up your own? if you change it how much do you change it and in what areas?

just curious because i make my own up and was just wondering what everybody else did.

i dont change it drastically but i dont follow every little thing that comes out either.
BitBasher
I pretty much follow it dead on, except the players are not really in the middle of everything. The events happen, but the players are not responsible for them.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (BitBasher)
I pretty much follow it dead on, except the players are not really in the middle of everything. The events happen, but the players are not responsible for them.

Ditto. While I don't necessarily like all of the events in the time line (NAN superpowers), I keep 'em as they are.
James McMurray
The timeline for my current campaign is greatly changed, as it the political structure of the world.

I can't say much about my timeline, because I have players that read here, but the political changes they know about are that Tir Tairngire is an isolationist nation that has shown the magical and military might necessary to defend its borders.

Australia has had its inhabitants driven out by a race calling itself the Varelse. These Varelse have never been seen outside of their ornate military grade armor. They rose up shortly after the Great Ghost Dance and drove metahumanity from their shore. For the most part it wasa bloodless victory made possible through powerful magics.

edit: the group may be pivotal in some of te timeline changes if they choose to be.
Cray74
QUOTE (waftalia)
hey guys ,question here i was wondering how many of you dm's follow the shadowrun time line exactly or make up your own? if you change it how much do you change it and in what areas?

Well, I have done minor tweaks, usually accidentally when I found out I missed some update and had to improvise background.

I do have a significant revision ready to go, if I can get the players into it, where the national situation follows an opposite path to the canonical timeline. Instead of balkanizing, the world is dominated by a number of large nations and alliances (e.g., EU, US, MERCOSUR, China, etc.), who in turn dance to the tune of megacorps and the usual 6th World cast of characters (dragons 'n pals).
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Australia has had its inhabitants driven out by a race calling itself the Varelse. These Varelse have never been seen outside of their ornate military grade armor. They rose up shortly after the Great Ghost Dance and drove metahumanity from their shore. For the most part it wasa bloodless victory made possible through powerful magics.

What's this race like? Description and stats, if you don't mind..
James McMurray
The description is something I can't share right now, as they've never been seen outside of their armor. Their armor is always very ornate, and always shaped like some mythic figure. Reports of those who fled the lands told of Hermes and his winged feet, Hades and his fiery hair, Gabriel with his trumpet, and other mythological beings.

I don't actually have any stats for them yet. The group isn't likely to come across one any time soon, so I haven't bothered with stats yet.
Crimson Jack
I see. Fair enough. It would be interesting to hear about them, when and if, they ever do though.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (BitBasher)

Pretty much the same. I'll occasionally run a group through a module, but the same group will rarely be responsible for more than one, maybe two of the big events (with the exception of events that lead into one another, like Harlequin -> Harlequin's Back).

~J
DocMortand
I run my world to the timeline as well, but I let timeline events change the world around the runners as well as vice versa. So far it seems like they want to do big things in the timeline - so I have them running for/against Deus pre-Shutdown. *grin*

So far the big events will stay the same, but I'm keeping everything dynamic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012