Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone clarify Bolt area rules please?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sigilistic
Manabolt, Powerbolt, and Stunbolt all say they hit in an area. Can someone tell me what this area is please? Thanks muchly.
tisoz
They hit a target.

The -ball version targets an area.
Kanada Ten
I think it's a Bolt hits a target, Balls hit an area equal to the caster's Magic Attribute. The only time bolts affect an area is when cast against Barriers.
Sigilistic
Oh my mistake. So Ball hits an area in (Magic) meters? Can someone get me a page reference? Thanks for the fast response!
Kanada Ten
It's a Radius (Magic) area. The rules are in SR2 pg 181. Accoring to Sahandrian, the 2nd and 3rd complete paragraphs on the right.
RedmondLarry
Kanada means SR3 pg. 181.
Kanada Ten
I do indeed, sir.
Sigilistic
Thanks.
GrinderTheTroll
Someone help refresh me on this: Unlike Manipulations, AE mana-spells will on effect targets you can see. So if there are physical barriers seperating targets, but they are both visible to the caster and within the AE radius, they can be effected, yes?

I feel so dumb, but AE mana spells are rare in my games these-days.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Someone help refresh me on this: Unlike Manipulations, AE mana-spells will on effect targets you can see. So if there are physical barriers seperating targets, but they are both visible to the caster and within the AE radius, they can be effected, yes?

I feel so dumb, but AE mana spells are rare in my games these-days.

This is correct. Only LOS counts, not any intervening barriers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012