Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SprawlSG] College Life?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Weredigo
smokin.gif It appears to me that This's be a prime spot to start gathering info during Footwork. Of all the Professors, Students, PartyHarders, Jocks, Nerds, Faculty, Squatta's, and general floatarounders if there's something just not right happening in the city some minute shred of a clue should be known by somebody. Finding it could take some work, rumor chasing and bribes should be encouraged, but nothing violent. I'm not sure how many other GM's use legends as I do (Those shadowrunners who have survived long enough to be able to kick back, relax, and IGNORE thier phone), but if yer using Legends, they probably have kids, either blood relative, or adopted. These Kids are probably not part of a street or go gang, rather, they're in school studying and keeping low (like mommy/daddy told em to do). Reason I point this out is it makes prime fun for GM to drop LegendKid NPC in Middle of PC group, and see if they can keep the kid in one piece, but let the group stay clueless until Jr. gets himself put in the hospital.
Kanada Ten
I'm actually trying to get the PCs to enroll in collage (just the right age). As you imply: so many plot hooks.
Lindt
Oooooooo... Target: College anyone?
Pthgar
It could be a whole new group of Edges and Flaws. College Tuition (5k/mo) -3pts, Scholarship (requires INT 4+, 3K/mo) +2pts, Grad School +/- 2 pts.
Weredigo
Actually In my game I rule that All PC's have at the knowledge necessary for at least a Bachelor's degree in one subject or another, although they might not necessarily have the degree itself.
LynGrey
Why make an edge of flaw out of every little thing.. just say all that cash that you lose from CharGen is form college tution.. have some highthend knowledge skills.. like chemestiry 2, mathmatic 3, History 2 or something...

My Last guy graduated from college in Vancouver.. and then enlisted in the CAS Army Special Ops... =)
Tiralee
Heh - one of my characters self-funded her college education by working as a damn good drug cook. So: Negotiation, Etiquette, Chemistry and a pile of cash...and a new identity that she'll be needing to use until that pesky statute of limitations runs out...

True stories make the best fiction.

-Tir
Fix-it
Colleges would be a prime place to find up and coming decker- er, hackers. As well as old ones (the proffs, you should hear my CNS proff chime in everytime we start discussing something illegal)

and can you say "easy jackpoint"????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012