Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hi all
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
vapor
i've been lurking the forum for a week or so, so i figured it was time for me to join up.
i've been a fan of sr since 2nd ed, but haven't had much of a chance to play anymore(my regular gaming group has scattered into the four winds).

not much else of interest to put here, so i'll just leave it at nice to meet you.
toturi
We won't run and hide. It'd be more like,"Join us. Welcome to the dark side."

Another soul re-corrupted. Mwahahaha.
Backgammon
Welcome. Check your slivergun at the door and don't have sex with your dikoted ally spirit. (this is the standard DSF greeting) wink.gif
U_Fester
QUOTE (toturi)
"Join us. Welcome to the dark side."

why does it have to be the dark side? have you been talking with my wife again?!? I WANT TO BE LUKE!!!!!
Nikoli
Bah, Luke was a whiney little beotch. Anikin was a stud, took on the Trade Federation (albeit by accident), destroyed the mothership controlling the drones (albeit by random happenstance), managed to scare Yoda, and was macking on the Queen of a planet and did this all before his 10th birthday.

Luke by age 16 or 17 was still living on a farm, whining to go play with his friends and had yet to meet a girl other than Aunt Veru.

U_Fester
Yes but when you have an oppressive father such a Anikin, a mother that died, separated from his twin sister, and lived with an aunt and uncle that weren't really his relative, it can't but make you a little screwed up.
Nikoli
right, like living as a slave, owned by a talking bug and fniding out you mom was used and abused by sand people won't screw you up...

ps, welcome to Dumpshock.

Jump in anytime.
toturi
Theraphy. They both need theraphy.
Tanka
No. Anakin just needs to kick some ass in the next movie. And maybe make it good for once.
Nikoli
lol
Besides, you can't use anikin as an excuse for Luke's inherent wussyness. He never knew his father till he was what, 17 or so, and didn't know the guy was his father till 18?

That doesn't count as an overbearing father to me.

Now Uncle Owen, was strict, but not over bearing. The farm was his livlihood, discipline is important in the Tattoine wastes.
Ancient History
Didn't we have a vapor before? I could swear to Ghost that we did.

Anyways, kiddo, read my site. Just click the link in the .sig. No worries.
Sabosect
Hmm. New flesh... I wonder if he goes well with white or red wine...
nezumi
Ah yes, Star Wars... The story of a man who wants to kill his father and marry his sister.
Demosthenes
Welcome to Dumpshock!

Mind your hands.
Don't feed the animals, and be careful of the Rat-thing!
[ Spoiler ]
Foreigner
Welcome to the Forums, vapor. smile.gif

I've been hanging around here for quite awhile, since June, 2002 or so (although, as you can see, I didn't join until the following November smile.gif); my first (and so far, my only) 'run (in a Play-by-AOL-Instant-Messenger campaign) was in July and August, 2003.

(You know, it's rather odd being an almost-41-year-old "newbie" in a campaign in which the most experienced players are in their 'teens or twenties. smile.gif)

Actually, Nikoli, I think that it was said in the novelization of STAR WARS (later retitled STAR WARS, EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE after the release of EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK) that Luke was 20 years of age--although Mark Hamill was actually 25 or 26 at the time. (According to The Internet Movie Database, his birthday is September 25, 1951.)

I always found it slighly ironic that Luke and Princess Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher; born October 21, 1956) were supposed to be fraternal twins, when she looked so much younger than he did. (Do the math; she was not quite 19 when the first film premiered in mid-1977.)

nezumi: Technically, I think that Luke's initial feelings for Leia wouldn't count as improper, as he didn't find out that she was his sister until well into the third film of the original trilogy. True, the "revelation" scene between Luke and Leia could've been handled better (IMHO smile.gif ), but I guess that it was the only way that George Lucas & Company could think to resolve the Luke/Leia/Han love triangle--especially after Leia said she loved Han at the end of the previous film.

--Foreigner
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Luke by age 16 or 17 was still living on a farm, whining to go play with his friends and had yet to meet a girl other than Aunt Veru.

Not true. We have confirmation that at least he'd met Camie, Fixer's girlfriend.

~J
vapor
wow, this place MUST be full of world class runners, cuz this thread looks like it's been hijacked by pro's! wink.gif
thanks for the warm welcome all.

and just for the record, i think vader was better-- not only did he sleep with princess amidala(sp?), but he also kicked the emperor's hoop, could crush your throat over a telephone line (and if you've ever done any kind of public relations involving phonecalls you know exactly how useful that would be...)
Crimson Jack
Vader in the, more machine than man phase, is where its at. Luke gets close, until he starts talking.

And hello, Vapor. cool.gif
kevyn668
I always thought her name was "Beru." With a "B."

Foreigner?

Oh, and Vapor, [Sean Connory voice] Welcome to the 'Shock. [/SC voice] smile.gif
toturi
I like James Earl Jones' voice better.
kevyn668
Fair enough.

But I was going for
"Gentlemen, welcome to the Rock."

smile.gif
Nikoli
mmm, Mufasa
toturi
But "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

cyber.gif

Hakuna-matata... means no worries for the rest of your days... it's our problem free...philosophy...

embarrassed.gif
kevyn668
[James Earl Jones Voice] Appology accepted...[/JEJ Voice]

smile.gif
Smiley
You all ought to be ashamed. Where are your manners? Somebody give vapor his Dikoted regenerating great form ally spirit that have can have sex with.
toturi
[Trade federation guy voice]Are you brain dead?[/Tfgv]

He needs to be initiated first. vegm.gif He needs to go an astral quest to the Metaplane of Sex.
vapor
can i get mine cast by a shaman who follows the sheep totem?
toturi
You like a dikoted sheep ally spirit? Ewwww....
kevyn668
QUOTE (toturi)
Ewwww....

Isn't that a baby sheep? biggrin.gif
Demosthenes
QUOTE (kevyn668)
QUOTE (toturi @ Feb 3 2005, 08:26 AM)
Ewwww....

Isn't that a baby sheep? biggrin.gif

No...

It's a female sheep...

biggrin.gif
kevyn668
Well, that clears a few things up...
U_Fester
QUOTE (nezumi)
Ah yes, Star Wars... The story of a man who wants to kill his father and marry his sister.

When you say it like that, its just makes it more damn sexy
Nikoli
Did someone say sheep?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012