Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Totem/Idol: Wise Warrior
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Sinister
Just like the topic states, in MITS pg 162, the Totem/Idol "Wise Warrior" says...
Shamans of this Idol must follow the warrior's code of honor and conduct themselves properly or risk the loss of favor.

I've done some reading in MITS and found "The Path of the Warrior" on pg 20, but that's talking about the Elves of Tir na nOg and Hermetic magic, not Shamanic. I also found the "Warrior's Way" on pg 22, but that's an Adept path.

Is this a set of rules printed somewhere? Is it something determined by the GM and Player? Is it just saying that the Shaman must act honorably in all situations? Am I totally missing something somewhere?
banditf50
I don't think they intended for you to have to reference any cannon warrior code. Just looking back at some of the great races of warriors throughout time you can aquire a feel for how a wise-warrior should be played.

-Spartans
-Samurai
-Knights

*This is just my opinion, but a wise-warrior shaman should always seek to conduct himself in an honorable manner.

Also, the wise-warrior totem is heavily influenced by the ancient greek goddess Athena. This is listed in either SOTA 2064 or SoE, I can't recall at the moment.
Kanada Ten
I think you just need to decide what god the shaman's "Wise Warrior" represents and have your GM agree to an interprtation of a code of conduct that best suits that idol. Tyr and Oden are good examples of Wise Warrior types as is Shiva.
Mr.Sinister
Makes sense. I'll look through SOTA:2064, but I don't have Shadows of Europe.

I shouldn't have too much trouble playing the honorable part of the totem, I was just curious if they wrote specific things that needed to be followed.
banditf50
I know that I may not be able to explain my thoughts on the warrior code very well. However the character I am currently playing in Living in the Shadows is a wise-warrior shaman.
SuperSpy
QUOTE (Mr.Sinister)
I shouldn't have too much trouble playing the honorable part of the totem

I'll believe that when I see it.
Mr.Sinister
QUOTE (SuperSpy @ Feb 3 2005, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Mr.Sinister)
I shouldn't have too much trouble playing the honorable part of the totem

I'll believe that when I see it.

Hey, shush! You know damn well that I can roleplay. when i really want to
audun
QUOTE (banditf50)
Also, the wise-warrior totem is heavily influenced by the ancient greek goddess Athena.  This is listed in either SOTA 2064 or SoE, I can't recall at the moment.

SOTA2064. We made a list of suitable Idols to go with some pagan gods. Take note that it doesn't have to be a god, it might just be your shaman's spiritual Idol taken from the latest trid sci-fi series.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012