Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Year is it?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimson Jack
I suppose most of us play in the current setting of 2064, but I thought I'd make a poll to see if there are other pre-64 games out there and what they're like. smile.gif
Crimsondude 2.0
Technically, it's March 2062. However, the Boss is speeding up the timeline to account for time delays, plot points, and because officially the world doesn't find out about the new physad metamagics until July 2064.
Crimson Jack
Heh, the world just doesn't find out about it until July 2064... can you have the powers and just be a secret squirrel about them until then? wink.gif
Kanada Ten
My game is technically still in December of 060, but I voted 2061 anyway.
Crimsondude 2.0
Yes, but only because we're cool.

But the Boss likes to rp the discovery of big deals. This is one.
James McMurray
My group is currently in 2052, but for the most part I'll be using my own timeline. The year will be used for technological advancements and Maybe some of the canon materials (I'm still debating on having the Arcology Shutdown, but there will be no Universal Brotherhood).
mfb
December 060? damn, kanada ten's going old sk00l. cyber-apostles!
Kanada Ten
Well... I had to go to a time before the frappe...
Moirdryd
Currently in 2062, because i`ve only just managed to get Year of the Comet and the campaign started a while ago and i`m weaving SotF into my `Order of the Crying Spire` storyline, so early 2062 was just the way to go .
fistandantilus4.0
I have a new group so I start them out early '59 to get some corp war stuff in and the shut down runs. Other than that though.. what else happens in '60?
And don't say check the timeline. That thing is helpful, but daunting.
In general, more corp war, right?
Think I'll just fast forward to '61 and brainscan.
DocMortand
I'm in May '59 at the moment. Started game in August 58 (middle of Mob Wars) so I could explore all of the events leading up to 59/60. Also to give the group's chars as much exp as possible before they get locked down in the Arc smile.gif
hahnsoo
February 2058 here.
Kagetenshi
I'm not as far along as you, Doc, but I started my Saturday game at the exact same time for the exact same reason smile.gif

~J
DocMortand
Well I play with the learning time rules (new skill# of weeks) and there have been a LOT of Deadly wounds, but few deaths...so months at a time get eaten up after a particular run.

Why, what time is it in your campaign?
betageek
Started the campaign in 2054 and we're currently sitting in 2056. Went early to see how long the characters could stay alive and to get everyone used to the system, rules and house rules. I'll be amazed if the characters make it to 2060, but I've got things planned for almost any eventuality. And the ones I don't have planned...well, I'll just make stuff up as I go along. I've never heard any complaints when I've had to do that.
Trax
Our game originally started in October 2060, after a couple runs and 3 months downtime for training skills, etc. It's now January 2061.
Wraithe
Before my gaming group imploded, we were playing in February-March of 2056 in a campaign where the "Bug City" invasion hit Seattle instead of Chicago.
LordHaHa
Right now my primary group is 'running around mid-August 2050...pretty much at the beginning of the "covered" portion of the canon metaplot.

LordHaHa
Grinder
Middle of 2061. We don't keep a record about the time - we're in Miami and after all, there's always summer biggrin.gif
Traks
QUOTE (Trax)
Our game originally started in October 2060, after a couple runs and 3 months downtime for training skills, etc. It's now January 2061.

Curse you. You are almost like twin, or part of split consciousness smile.gif

My teams are in year 2061, January now. I do not care about official timeline much and bend it in all possible ways, and we have only cyber - not all those fancy nanites and stuff. Also cannon companion techs are being slowly introduced, with best people running around with whooping Ares Alphas smile.gif

If Fanpro will rerelease those books, there will be gene technologies around.
Or maybe I'll buy pdf, though I dislike printing and making a book later - it just do not look good enough.
Sahandrian
I didn't vote, cause it meant picking between the two games.

2059 in one game, 2064 in the other.
Large Mike

Early Febuary, 2065.
Starfurie
Started Groundhog day, 2061, now up to June. My characters wanted to SURGE. Only one did, but she's already a freak, be a bio-ware based furry (Rabbit morph). A former merc, so a TRUE Gun Bunny.
U_Fester
One Group is 2064 and one is 2052
Trax
QUOTE (Traks)
QUOTE (Trax @ Feb 5 2005, 05:12 AM)

Curse you. You are almost like twin, or part of split consciousness smile.gif

My teams are in year 2061, January now. I do not care about official timeline much and bend it in all possible ways, and we have only cyber - not all those fancy nanites and stuff. Also cannon companion techs are being slowly introduced, with best people running around with whooping Ares Alphas smile.gif

If Fanpro will rerelease those books, there will be gene technologies around.
Or maybe I'll buy pdf, though I dislike printing and making a book later - it just do not look good enough.

Same here, except i'm not the GM. Would you actually believe that until after a few games had past, I didn't even know what year it was? I had completely forgotten it. nyahnyah.gif

However, since it's up to the GM's discretion of what happens when, we don't know what kind of wild and wacky adventures that we will be on.

Right now we're helping out a Talismonger named Daisy by bringing some crates to her "friends" and coming back with the crates they brought. We did a pit stop in some town for breakfast and pretty much everyone expected some kind of Food Fight scenario to happen again, or perhaps something like the Dinner scene from Pulp Fiction. But it didn't happen..but it doesn't mean it won't at a later date!

Damnit Striker, you have us WAY too paranoid.
Req
Last campaign ran 2051-2052; this was a couple of years ago. Current campaign is 2058 (I moved the Arc shutdown up a year because I foolishly chose the wrong year when we started).
Foreigner
(Sahandrian)

I didn't vote, cause it meant picking between the two games.

2059 in one game, 2064 in the other.

Sahandrian:

I presume that the campaign set in 2059 is the one in which my character, "The Foreigner", is currently involved, and that the campaign set in 2064 is the new one which you're planning to start.

Am I right? And, if so--presuming that I don't come up with a new PC--how do we explain that nothing has happened to my character in the last five years? eek.gif

I suppose that I could start over with the same character in the new campaign, but I'm not looking forward to losing the cash and Karma that he gained in that 'run.

Still, if I must, I must....

--Foreigner
MagicalGirlPrettyMatt
Most of our games are between 2060 and 2062, since our character-turnover is high and we don't have a lot of continuity. There are a few of us, myself included, that like to obsessively play Changelings and use SURGE effects, but for the most part we're stuck in those three years.
DocMortand
QUOTE (Req)
Last campaign ran 2051-2052; this was a couple of years ago. Current campaign is 2058 (I moved the Arc shutdown up a year because I foolishly chose the wrong year when we started).

*chuckle* I started mine in mid-58 because I wanted my group to build power so they could HANDLE the arcology. Of course, I plan on making my arc a little nastier...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012