Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: n idea that seems too good
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
ok, i am, as most fo you know, new to SR, so pardon me if this has been brought up, but i dontt hink it has, recently atleast. but i was going to make a rigger character, and was debating between being specialized in one vehicle, and defaulting for everything else, but then, i got the idea of using skilsofts, as you really only need ONE driving skill at a time. and i can't think of anything that would limit you from rigging using those chipped skills. Secondly, doing to shotty math, it comes out that each chip of rating 6 is not as cheap as i thought it was... hehe, missed a o somerwhere, and 1080 becomes 10800. But still, fairly cheap, imo, using a resources A priority, you could get 10 vehicle skills for about 100K...

so, as i said, something like this that seems to be too good, most likely is, so whats the catch that i dont get?
Backgammon
IIRC correctly Riggers cannot use skills from chips when using a VCR, or they don't get a control pool, or something like that. I'm sure someone else will come along with the specific ruling, otherwise re-check the Vehicules section.
mfb
R3 page 27. can't use skillwires while rigging.
elbows
You can't use dice pools with chipped skills (so no control pool).
I'm not sure if there's anything else specific to riggers.

Some chipped skills would be ok to broaden your abilities, but the lack of dice pools is a problem.
In general, riggers tend to need lots of cash and not so much karma, so there isn't much benefit to spending money in order to save karma.
Jrayjoker
And if you don't rig, the best you can get is a 2 die pool from an expert skilldriver IIRC.
mfb
the best use of skillwires for riggers is for B/R skills. get a low-MP rating 1 skillwire set with a chipjack expert driver; 4 dice in any B/R skill you need. it's a good investment.
Aku
ahh i knew something would come to ruin my day heh, it WAS a good idea, until all the rules came out... thanks again DSF
mfb
defaulting to Rea isn't a bad option. if you've got a level 2 VCR, you're negating the +2 defaulting TN, and your Rea's going to be pretty high.
BitBasher
QUOTE (mfb)
the best use of skillwires for riggers is for B/R skills. get a low-MP rating 1 skillwire set with a chipjack expert driver; 4 dice in any B/R skill you need. it's a good investment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's stated that you cannot use mroe pool dice than a base skill under any circumstances...
mfb
whoops. forgot that the CED adds a task pool.
Kagetenshi
Rating 3 is still pretty cheap.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012