Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forum issues
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jrayjoker
Anyone else have the forum marking everything as read after you read one post?

I just went from 20 unread threads to 0
Bigity
Sometimes that happens to me at work, but since it never happened at home, I figured it was something to do with a setting up there.
Zeel De Mort
Happened to me a while ago. I just signed out, deleted ALL my cookies and history etc, then signed back in. That fixed it fine.
tisoz
Mines almost always been that way, it is rare that it doesn't happen.

I have noticed I have some permanent threads that show up on my View New Posts list.
Arethusa
Actually, for months, everything on the forum remains marked as unread until I manually tag everything as read. It's annoying as hell.
toturi
It's been months since I've had a Unread tag. I read everything without even reading them. Cool.
James McMurray
The only issue I have with this forum is the overuse of the pseudo-word "meh". biggrin.gif

It may just be me but nobody I've ever met or seen on TV / movies actually says "meh".
Kanada Ten
Meh is the sound one makes when they shrug. Not pseudoword - onomatopoeia.
James McMurray
I've heard "eh," "bleh," "huh," "hmm," and even "whatever" but never "meh." Maybe I don't get out amongst the unwashed and illiterate masses enough. Or maybe I'm just incredibly dense and oblivious to the world around me. smile.gif
kevyn668
Meh, try saying "eh" while pursing your lips or saying it out of the corner of your mouth. It makes sense.
Kanada Ten
Maybe it's simply a regional sound that's spreading on the internet. Sort of like "eh" spreading becasue of Second City Television. Ya hoser.
kevyn668
Do you mean "Ay"?
Kanada Ten
No, I mean eh. "Ya know what I'm talking about, eh?"
kevyn668
The Canadian thing sounds more like "A."

"Eh" has a different sound. smile.gif

Edit: despite what it says in that link, I still say "eh" has a different sound that "A."
Kanada Ten
Then you're using a different word. "Eh" makes an "A" sound, but can also make an "euh" sound, or however you'd spell that. Think "neh?" not "meh,".
Adam
You need to understand the subtle context to figure out the difference between "eh" and "eh".
kevyn668
Eh, whatever.
Adam
See? Now you're getting it!
tisoz
Meh, whatever, eh?
kevyn668
QUOTE (Adam)
See? Now you're getting it!

I do my best. smile.gif
U_Fester
I only get this issue at work as well. I suppose it is a setup here on our system that is causing it. Mainly it happens when I back a page to see more unread and then go back to page one whey they all disappear.
Jrayjoker
The word meh is just one more way fro DSers to differentiate themselves from the rest of the unwashed, illiterate masses.
Kagetenshi
What is the sound of a board full of illiterate people communicating solely through text?

~J
Jrayjoker
Meh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012