Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's The Cost Of A Pushbike?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Leviathan
Is it actually written anywhere? If so I can't find it.....
Weredigo
What on god's green earth is a PushBike??? if yer talkin about a Motorcycle that is non functional and has to be Pushed up onto the tow truck, and then pushed from the back of the tow truck into the shop... fifty to a hundred creds is my guess...
Leviathan
If it's a choice between pushbike and walking, the answer is pretty obvious.
Plus, it can still go pretty fast, handles rough terrain, can slip through small gaps and is silent. Pretty good getaway vehicle in some situations actually.
Adam
A pedalbike? Just use the modern day price for the appropriate style.
Fresno Bob
Maybe he means a moped.

Nevermind, google has told me a pushbike is a pedalbike.
Kanada Ten
Here's a previous bike thread.
hahnsoo
I thought there were bikes (honest to god pedal bikes) in Rigger Black Book (the original), but I don't remember. They certainly weren't updated in subsequent versions.
Crimson Jack
How much would a playing card cost to insert into the spokes... you know, to make that all-too-real motor sound? biggrin.gif
Weredigo
from out of the Rigger Black Book, Dodge Scoot fits into trunk 2k creds, Entertainment systems Papoose6K creds
Aku
isnt a scoot a moped sorta thing? I think he means the type of bike we all get as kids from walmart or sears. I woud sat for the basic walmart err stuffer shack style, 200 nuyen.gif max i think
Weredigo
Actually I'd go cheaper. 50 creds tops for a "pedal" bike. maybe a week or so of scrounging parts, and two days of build time.
Drain Brain
IRL, 2005, mountain bike in British Sterling (from Halfords, woohoo) retail is in the range of £89.99 up to anywhere between £400 (pretty average) and upwards to well over £5000.oo for Carbon fibre racing monstrosities.

I have to carry the suckers up and down stairs at work all the time... bike deliveries of a hundred or so units, and only me to shift them into the warehouse... that's why I call it HELLfords...
kevyn668
IIRC, the old Papoose had an option for being meat powered. Don't know if it made to R3, though.
FlakJacket
Rule of thumb according to Rob has been if it's not covered in the books just convert current day dollars to nuyen 1:1 for the price of something.
Gyro the Greek Sandwich Pirate
Hmm...I imagine you could do interesting things with cyberlegs and a custom-made pedal bike.
Bigity
Cost to pocketbook? 2k or 6k

Cost to style/rep? Unimaginable
Drain Brain
I think not, mein freund...

Did you not watch Dark Angel? The lovely Max was as cool on her Kwak as she was on her courier's bike - same for her little courier pals. Original Cindy, for example, rocked!
Sandoval Smith
This thread could have been spared a lot of discomfort if the OP had only used the word 'bicycle' in the title (personally, when I read first read the thread, I thought of one of those leg powered push-scooter type deals).

I remember there being a C.L.U.E. file entry concerning a cyber sam who greased himself by trying to perform a drive-by, (on the bike) with an assualt rilfe, after having used his cyber powers to pedal himself up to around 80 kmh or so.

It's not impossible to look good on a bicycle, but it'd be pretty darn hard. I can't help but laugh picturing a scene where the badass in shades blows the smoke from the barrel of his pistol, holsters it, sweeps his duster behind him, then swings a leg over his bicycle and pedals off as the howl of Lonestar sirens rises behind him.
AnotherFreakBoy
QUOTE (Sandoval Smith)
It's not impossible to look good on a bicycle, but it'd be pretty darn hard.  I can't help but laugh picturing a scene where the badass in shades blows the smoke from the barrel of his pistol, holsters it, sweeps his duster behind him, then swings a leg over his bicycle and pedals off as the howl of Lonestar sirens rises behind him.

I think there is some scope for looking cool while escaping on a bicycle. You just have to remeber to take into account that a car can't jump a fence, drive down stairs with a guardrail in the middle, be taken on an elevator, be used stealthily, or possibly some bizzare scenario involving all of the above that cannae ken.
Sandoval Smith
There is some scope, but it's still hard. The same reason that you don't see a many runners conspicuously using a scooter if they can help it.
Prospero
Yeah... my first runner, waaaaay back in SR1, had his car blown up on a run and had to steal a bystander's Dodge Scoot to get out of there... The mental image of this bad-ass (300+ karma), 2.2M tall, arrogant elf combat-mage zipping along on a Scoot, with security after him... cool.gif A bicycle would have been worse, though...
vapor
QUOTE (Sandoval Smith @ Feb 16 2005, 09:17 PM)
This thread could have been spared a lot of discomfort if the OP had only used the word  'bicycle' in the title (personally, when I read first read the thread, I thought of one of those leg powered push-scooter type deals).

I remember there being a C.L.U.E. file entry concerning a cyber sam who greased himself by trying to perform a drive-by, (on the bike) with an assualt rilfe, after having used his cyber powers to pedal himself up to around 80 kmh or so.

It's not impossible to look good on a bicycle, but it'd be pretty darn hard.  I can't help but laugh picturing a scene where the badass in shades blows the smoke from the barrel of his pistol, holsters it, sweeps his duster behind him, then swings a leg over his bicycle and pedals off as the howl of Lonestar sirens rises behind him.

ahhhh, but if it was a tricked out bike...

bike 1

bike 2

bike 3

ok, i lied, it's still sad. but at least it's not this

super duper mega ultra bad arse runner bike
Xirces
Plastic Warriors' (excellent) Running Gear supplement does have a bicycle in (with some rules that seemed pretty realistic).

It's got loads of other good stuff in as well, but the plastic warriors site doesn't seem to be back yet.

Actually, if anyone has it in pdf form - I lost mine in a disc crash and only have my printed copy...
Garland
What was that one Baywatch-type show that featured the bike cops? I always thought it was a total scream that all the criminals in that show usually used bikes as their getaway vehicles.
The Grifter
I think it was LAPD Blue, but don't quote me on that. And yeah, you're right. No one wanted to invest in a car.

While on the topic, how would the speed/versatility differ between a bike rider with cyber legs, and one with wired reflexes?
Prospero
Truth to tell, I was once actually pulled over by a bike cop. It was in Albuquerque, NM on Central during rush hour. Cars were moving so slow that the bike cops were zipping by like crazy... so I guess they're good for something.
Tziluthi
With any luck we won't be seeing bunch of bike riding, distictive flaw possessing shadowrunners wearing neon pink bike shorts. Especially if they're trolls or hairy dwarves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012