Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barrier spell vs vehicle?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SirKalamon
1)What are all the applications that Physical Barrier spell can be used.

2)What are its limits?

3)How is object resistance an issue with the spell if at all?

4)Can a mage cast Physical Barrier spell at a car or a helicopter and force it to crash into the newly manifested wall and make it crash,does object resistance play a tool into it?

5)Can one just cast the spell and manifest it into mid air,does it hold in place?

6)Can the same mage cast it to be a plane to walk over or shape it to fit unsual gaps in locations like a hole in a wall or a car door with the window smashed up?

Sorry its just I am a little cloudy when it comes to ruling its varied uses and it seems a little bit unbalanceing without andy clarifications on limits it may posses,any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (SirKalamon)
1)What are all the applications that Physical Barrier spell can be used.
Making a barrier.

2)What are its limits?
Huh? What do you mean?

3)How is object resistance an issue with the spell if at all?
You aren't targeting something, so I'd say it's not. It's a manipulation spell so a "real" thing is created.

Check out vehicles and barriers on SR.148 and vehicles and manipulations on SR3.150.

[edited]

4)Can a mage cast Physical Barrier spell at a car or a helicopter and force it to crash into the newly manifested wall and make it crash,does object resistance play a tool into it?
I'd allow them to try and dodge like any other barrier. Also see #3 above.

5)Can one just cast the spell and manifest it into mid air,does it hold in place?
No mention of gravity and magic, so I'd allow them to sustain it in air unless the spell text specifically says it requires a surface or something.

6)Can the same mage cast it to be a plane to walk over or shape it to fit unsual gaps in locations like a hole in a wall or a car door with the window smashed up?
The spell test talks about a wall or a dome, so it'd be a House ruling at best. I'd only allow the size to change (per withholding test dice), but not allow a polymorphic barrier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012