Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [ShadowsOfEurope] What's in EuroTrids?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mattness pl
Fictional TriDee show "Neil the Ork Barbarian" is even on "Dragon Hunt" cover.
What shows are smashing hits/ cult stories in Europe Media?
Nath
Karl Kombatmage cool.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (Nath)
Karl Kombatmage cool.gif

Along with his chummers Danny Decker, Ritschi Rigger, Sam Samurai and Tamara Troll!
biggrin.gif
Kanada Ten
Spiny Vic might still be alive, though reruns of Wunder Krieg from '54 would be the newest gig. Das Ist Unglaublich! probably still on, though Otto von Ored hasn't been the same since they detached his head.
otaku mike
And those are only German products, but with Ares Global Entertainment HQed in Paris, or Javert & Cie also in France (the creators of Urban Brawl) you can bet there are a lot of hit shows in Europe that you could also see in North Am. Magical Globalization smile.gif
Sepherim
No mentions of Sol? You've hit deep in my own pride... frown.gif

biggrin.gif
hermit
I wonder if there's still something like today's German Dschungelcamp ... fallen-from-grace celebrities undergoing mild to medium torture just to be on the screen again. Ah, the cynical media world ...

Plus, there'll certainly be a alot of localized shows from Japan, as well as rip-offs of those shows made with a European cast, low budget, and a ghastly script.
mattness pl
In Polish TV right now, soap operas are smashing hit ( frown.gif ).
One of the best known is "M jak Miłość" ("L like Love").
I heard SR players are watching "H like Hatred"... biggrin.gif
hermit
Awww, poor you! Hope they're not as badly made as those that were very popular (and still are, to a point) in Germany in the late 90s - GZSZ (Good Times, Bad Times) being the most notorious one.

"A is for Ares", "B is for Body Count", "C is for Combatgun" ...
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (hermit)
I wonder if there's still something like today's German Dschungelcamp ... fallen-from-grace celebrities undergoing mild to medium torture just to be on the screen again. Ah, the cynical media world ...

You all need The Surreal Life--if for no other reason than "inspiring" the reality show BS nonsense that has turned television here into an even bigger joke than it was before.
Zephania
Can someone come up with a reason to ban soap operas from 2050 onwards?

Please, otherwise corrie and enders are going to be enslaving the masses and dumbing society down forever!!!
hermit
Well, that's why they call it Dark Future ... wink.gif
Zephania
What about daytime telly? Trisha and killjoy? Hell on earth! The scourge has arrived early!!
DrJest
God, Robert Kilroy Silk... I've met that assnut. Yes, he's as big a primping wanker as you think.

To be honest, I doubt British programming will change much over the next 60 years. The faces may change, but the basic content will, I think, remain the same. I expect to see more variations on the soap opera theme, regular sports, naff chat shows, etc.

With the resurgence of the aristocracy, I foretell a handful of programmes based on that theme. Let's see...

"Young Aristos" - teen drama among the jetset of Britain's aristocracy. Beverley Hills 90210 with nobles.

"Halls of Power" - Drama series set at the sharp end of politics. All skewed to show the aristocracy in the best light, of course.

"Lords and Ladies" - Title stolen without remorse from that show in the Max Payne games. Claptrap pseudo-historical romantic drama for the couch potatoes.

"Hearts and Coronets" - title shamelessly plagiarised, but who in 2064 will remember the original? Basic soap opera bonk-drama for the chattering classes.
torzzzzz
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Fortune
Coronation Street: The Trog Gated Community.
Snow_Fox
Some really really boring sports in the Uk like sheep herding and crew races.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (DrJest)
"Young Aristos" - teen drama among the jetset of Britain's aristocracy. Beverley Hills 90210 with nobles.

A 2060 version of The O.C. would be more interesting.
Zephania
Hey there's nothing wrong with one man and his dog, top entertainment.
Sepherim
Well, with the resurgence of the public elite and nobles in a lot of Europe, I'd say that Spanish trid surely would go for programs based on their stories: who's with who, where they go, who they meet, and all that drek we see arround every day on TV.

And, not to forget, Big Brother Max Edition 2064... just to think about it makes me sick... dead.gif
torzzzzz
yeah, but big brother in the future would still be the same droll washed out celebs trying to up their chances. You will still get hello style mags that just bore you to tears!

torz x biggrin.gif
hermit
Big Brother Aztlan: One winner. All others ... vanish ...
torzzzzz
yeah..... then something truly nasty happens to the winner live on tv, sort of like blade runner or something!

torz wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012