Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PC Addiction
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chibu
I just got back from a run to pick up some cigarettes (Marlboro Reds for those interested). And, it got me thinking. Runners? Druggies? You tell me.

As for me, Nightshade smokes cigarettes, and 2 of my team smoke cigars. Oh, and one MAKES BTLs.
Kanada Ten
I usually give my PCs a different vice, from NERPS Anti-D to Zen depending on the character, but usually nothing henious simply to make it easier on the GM.
Fortune
I'm waiting to see who votes that they're 'clan'. biggrin.gif
Smiley
My current character would never use or deal, but the last one... Our troll "found" 60 hits of NovaCoke and he took to dealing (what he wasn't using, that is.) My last character made a deal or two, just for fun and some beer money. Well... SoyBeer or whatever.
Crimsondude 2.0
I'd be the biggest fucking BTL junkie you'd ever see.
Weredigo
Me and all my characters have the same vices, Nicotine, Caffine, with just a pinch of THC every now and then...
Tziluthi
Amazing how much difference a single letter can make. Us clan folk don't need no drugs.
Grinder
My current character is a an ex-cop who sometimes drinks too much and who sells hard drugs and btls. He and his team have a contact at the mafia who gives them names of rivals selling drugs so my char and the team beat them up, take their drugs and sell them.

My lchar before was a THC-addicted elf ki-adept.

Personally, i drink too much at parties (let's say once or twice a month) but don't drink the rest of the month. Sometimes i smoke some thc, but that's not that often.
Weredigo
Everything in Moderation including Moderation
Tziluthi
QUOTE (Grinder)
My current character is a an ex-cop who sometimes drinks too much and who sells hard drugs and btls.

When I skimmed through that, I could have sworn that you'd written "to kids" rather than "and btls". And for some reason I found that pretty funny. smile.gif
Capt. Dave
I've had PCs addicted to carnage...does that count?
Grinder
QUOTE (Tziluthi)
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 21 2005, 05:09 PM)
My current character is a an ex-cop who sometimes drinks too much and who sells hard drugs and btls.

When I skimmed through that, I could have sworn that you'd written "to kids" rather than "and btls". And for some reason I found that pretty funny. smile.gif

biggrin.gif

I don't care about the age of the buyers....
torzzzzz
rotate.gif

My character has just gone down the dark road of combat drugs, just starting to get addicted now makes some fun playing!
The Grifter
I'd vote for same as me ttoo. Beer, cigarettes, coffee...the good stuff. grinbig.gif
Botch
Drigs for us, you gotta watch for dem damn drigs. Getcha every time, do drigs.
Fortune
Silly rabbit! Drigs are for kids.
Drain Brain
Much like me, my characters... Caffeine, Nicotine, Sugar and sex. What more addictions can a man take?
Talia Invierno
Coffee has to be one of the most popular addictions -- after all, so many of us know that one so well. For variety, make it an addiction to caffeine in a character that won't touch anything but a specific brand of soft drink (Scorched, maybe?).

In the PC I've just been handed, I get to figure out how to play an addiction to the "zombie-making" drug (most probably fugu + Datura) ... but without knowing what it is. (Character has just been ex-zombified.) I'm thinking to start with a desperate need to somehow reduce the sheer amount of sensory stimulation (too much! from a normal environment), go from there. Hopefully she won't end up addicted to too many other substances in the process of trying to figure it out ...
Arethusa
When I kill myself, I'm using a gun. Cigarettes are for cowards.
FrostyNSO
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)

Much as I'd like to say that I'd be above such things...

Me too.

I mean, c'mon it's BETTER THAN LIFE! Who cares if you're junkie, just slot another chip and be Hugh Hefner for a while cool.gif
Chibu
QUOTE (Arethusa)
When I kill myself, I'm using a gun. Cigarettes are for cowards.

Actiually... i disaprove of suicide more than anything
Arethusa
Goddamnit, now you owe me a new irony meter.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (FrostyNSO @ Feb 22 2005, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0 @ Feb 21 2005, 12:27 AM)

Much as I'd like to say that I'd be above such things...

Me too.

I mean, c'mon it's BETTER THAN LIFE! Who cares if you're junkie, just slot another chip and be Hugh Hefner for a while cool.gif

Well, as big a tool as Dennis Miller is, he made a very profound joke about virtual reality, oh, about 12-15 years ago (I'm pretty sure it was the HBO special he did from Washington, D.C. in 1993). Something to the effect of, "the day an unemployed ironworker can lie in his BarcaLounger with a Foster’s in one hand and a channel-flicker in the other and fuck Claudia Schiffer for $19.95, it’s gonna make crack look like Sanka."
Tanka
Wait, rock and roll is an addiction?

DAMMIT!
Fortune
QUOTE (tanka)
Wait, rock and roll is an addiction?

It is for me! biggrin.gif
Weredigo
Actually anything that a person Wants rather then Needs can be classified as an Addiction, wether it be physical, mental, social, emotional.
Tanka
QUOTE (Weredigo)
Actually anything that a person Wants rather then Needs can be classified as an Addiction, wether it be physical, mental, social, emotional.

Actually, if you require it so you don't go into withdrawls, then it's an addiction.

Wanting it does not mean you're addicted -- just that you want it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012