Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The shadows in Hong Kong
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Cato
Hey people

I'm taking my group through "Brainscan" and they are going to Hong Kong to fetch legend Aneki-sama (father of Renraku). I plan to have to have some fun in Hong Kong before the snatch, the players being barely armed and without contacts.
One player has amnesia flaw and a Hong Kong Triad background.... something might pop up grinbig.gif

What is Hong Kong like around 2062? What books has info on Asia?

..and the Intercontinental flights... semibalistic.. supersonic.. can't remember what book has that info.

thanks for any information and inspiration biggrin.gif
Large Mike

Right.

Shadows of Asia is not out yet, so I can't help you there.

Intercontinental flights appeared in Shadowbeat, primarily.
DrJest
The semi-ballistics and orbital flights were covered in the Neo Anarchist's Guide to Real Life (a bit like the SOTA books, really, covered things like fashion, DocWagon, credsticks). I don't know if any information has come out on Hong Kong or not.
Sokei
shadows of asia was suppose to hit in february was it not? must have got pushed back.

audun
Google results of interest:
Hong kong on the Sixth World wiki
Triads online on srrpg.com

There used to be a netbook about Hong Kong that was quite good, but I can't find it. Probably gone offline frown.gif
Sokei
MY google-fu is weak but i did find alot of sites that listed SoA as a feb release , apparently now its 3/25/05 at the one up to date site i found.
Pthgar
And this site was which? I would like an up to date sight to check out.
Sokei
well here:

http://www.gamus.com/SalesSpecials/RPGRelease.asp

and it looks like thats the only one.... so probably not a good source. ill keep digging.

Ed Simons
QUOTE (audun)
There used to be a netbook about Hong Kong that was quite good, but I can't find it. Probably gone offline frown.gif

Just becuase it's gone, doesn't mean it's totally gone.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011122114859/...6973/index.html
Pthgar
Thanks, Sokei.
Kanada Ten
Note that international flights and travel is covered in the Sprawl Survival Guide.
Sokei
QUOTE (Ed Simons)
QUOTE (audun)

Just becuase it's gone, doesn't mean it's totally gone.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011122114859/...6973/index.html

links toast, might jsut be this crappy wireless at work. ill check later when im home.
Fortune
It works for me ... must be your end.
Sokei
oh sure after i post that its down , it starts working for me. indifferent.gif
FlakJacket
Well first we have to figure out whether it's called the Free Enterprise Enclave or Free Enterprise Zone. Then we can figure out the more technical stuff. smile.gif
Ed Simons
The biggest Hong Kong Triad, the Red Dragons, is believed to be supported by Lung. It's rivals, the Yellow Lotus and the Eighty-Eights are believed to be supported by Wuxing. They also are two of the three major Triads in Seattle.

The Dante's Inferno nightclub has a club in Hong Kong (as well as Seattle and London)

In my Hong Kong game there are two local types of Trolls. The Niu Tuo (Ox headed demons) look like Minotaurs. The Wang Liang are covered in dark brown or black fur, have sharp teeth, and their eyes are usually red.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012