Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrunize your reading!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dog
Take any article or story and make it a Shadowrun story by:
1. Put the word 'soy' before any foodstuffs.
2. Put 'cyber' or 'meta' before several other nouns.
3. Put 'shadow' before any slang.
4. Put 'an Aztechnology company' or something like it before or after every brand name.
a few other embellishments, and voila!

For example, there is a promotional calender on this desk. If it were translated, it would read: "That's why cyber-farmers place their trust in Yamatetsu's DEKLAB brand soy seed -- for high yielding meta-products that perform on their cyber-farm. No surprises, no shadow-gimmicks. No false claims."

Have fun.
The Grifter
LMAO. Priceless.
Aku
well, with that in mind, i have to ask what in the name's a cyber-farmer is?

a farmer who farms cyber's?

a cousin to cyber-zombies?
Weredigo
Rigger Drone for Farming?

Dog
A farmer with cyberware? "Yup, gonna get me a new John Deere swather drone by next season. And this new smartlink's gonna fix my meta-Coyote problem but good!"
Fresno Bob
You're all wrong. Its a farmer who grows cyberware.
BookWyrm
LOL, it's a farmer who uses the latest tech to grow his/her crops. The phrase was coined in the early 1990's when several US farms participated in a nationwide study of upgrading their farms to include web-access, automated crop-gathering & cow milking, ect. Those that displayed a significant improvement continued their work with the equipment as exampled of modernization. Quite a few failed & lost everything.
Club
QUOTE (Dog)
A farmer with cyberware? "Yup, gonna get me a new John Deere swather drone by next season. And this new smartlink's gonna fix my meta-Coyote problem but good!"

Given some of what is in PANA and PAE, I can see farmers, esp. animal farmers, having a high firearms skill (Typiclly rifle) and a very large gun. It isn't too far from there to geting a smartlink.

Getting a datajack so you can run the more complex farm machinery in virtual dashboard mode is fairly logical. Maybe even a VCR 1.

Of course, I was 3 yrs old last time I was on a working farm, so my opinion is worth nothing.

Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Aku)
well, with that in mind, i have to ask what in the name's a cyber-farmer is?

Beware the Tamanous.

~J
Talia Invierno
Hmm ... I need to find some more interesting promotional material around here. All I have, that isn't studies or straight text to get through (and that already sound out of this world), is the slogans on the mouse pad, tied to the marketing image of a weightlifter:
  • Brains to match brawn
  • A tight grip on technology
  • Heavy incentives
  • Did someone say support?
  • Planted on solid ground
  • No training required
  • As always, service with a smile
  • Knowledge = Power
Gah -- those could almost work without any changes at all ...
Rayston
Someone (not me) needs to code a shadowrunizer for webpages.

Something like this

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/jbc/home/chef.html

Thanx

Rayston
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012