Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adepts and Cyber
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AK404
OK, stupid questions time. An adept goes out and has ultrasound sight and an internal GPS installed. He has the enhanced sense of spatial recognition and high-frequency hearing. Does this lower the essence cost of ultrasound? Normally these cybernetic items would be routed to each other; how do I make them work together now, since the enhanced senses are magical in nature (and hence, there's nothing to connect the cyber to)?

Also, an adept get a pair of cyber eyes with optical magnification and a cybercamera and later on opts for the enhanced sense of thermographic vision. Will that vision show up as magical or cybernetic? Can he even opt to have that enhanced sense?
Bölverk
My opinions:

QUOTE (AK404)
An adept goes out and has ultrasound sight and an internal GPS installed.  He has the enhanced sense of spatial recognition and high-frequency hearing.  Does this lower the essence cost of ultrasound?

No, since the ultrasound system is designed to be compatible with a certain piece of cyberware, not with a magical feature of his natural ears.

Normally these cybernetic items would be routed to each other; how do I make them work together now, since the enhanced senses are magical in nature (and hence, there's nothing to connect the cyber to)?

You can't.

Also, an adept gets a pair of cyber eyes with optical magnification and a cybercamera and later on opts for the enhanced sense of thermographic vision.  Will that vision show up as magical or cybernetic?  Can he even opt to have that enhanced sense?

Yes, he can have it; it's a magical power and will "show up" as such. I would rule that he can't take thermographic images with the camera, though, and if he had electronic rather than optical magnification, he couldn't use the magnification with the thermovision.
Tziluthi
To answer your first question, no, you wouldn't be able to link the two together.

To answer your last question, no, he wouldn't be able to use the adept power of thermographic vision if he were to replace his normal eyes. Just like meta-races can't use their special vision when they remove their meat eyes.
Zazen
QUOTE (Tziluthi)
To answer your last question, no, he wouldn't be able to use the adept power of thermographic vision if he were to replace his normal eyes. Just like meta-races can't use their special vision when they remove their meat eyes.

Are your adepts allowed to use killing hands with cyberarms? Or mystic armor with dermal sheathing? Or traceless walk with cyberlegs?
Kagetenshi
I'd say no on the reduced essence cost because it's that some items needed by one system are already installed as part of the other system and thus need not be added. Kinda like leaving an eye display out of a Smartlink because you've already got an Image Link.

~J
Sphynx
No, on the mixing Magic Ultrasound to HF Hearing (Why not just get the Adept power of Enhanced Sense : Ultrasound?

Yes on the having Thermographic with Cybereyes. You paid Essence for those eyes and can use Adept powers with them. Unlike racial vision, which are based on physical properties that are physically removed, Adept Power is a Magical property.

Sphynx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012