Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recovering from Stun Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mmu1
A fairly straightforward question:

When recovering from stun, the time to get back one box is equal to 60 minutes / the number of successes on a Body or Willpower check vs. TN 2 + any applicable modifiers - which are what, exactly? I know the TN mods for your wound state apply, but do the usual bonuses to healing TNs for having a high Body and/or Willpower apply as well?

And an addendum (having to do with how said stun was acquired... miserable lucky bastard mages and their cumulative 24 dice...) - when someone hits you with a stunball, is the Spell Resistance Test the only one you get to make to see if you take damage, or - if you fail said test - do you still get to resist the stun with your Body, as you would when you take stun damage for any other reason?

Shockwave_IIc
On the Second one, You compare net Success. Target has equal to or more, no effect for that person. If the Caster has more which is more frequently the case, you stage damage as per normal. End of dice rolling for target.

As for the first, i'll have to get MM.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (mmu1)
A fairly straightforward question:

When recovering from stun, the time to get back one box is equal to 60 minutes / the number of successes on a Body or Willpower check vs. TN 2 + any applicable modifiers - which are what, exactly? I know the TN mods for your wound state apply, but do the usual bonuses to healing TNs for having a high Body and/or Willpower apply as well?

The BBB says "This target number is modified by any appropriate Stun or Physical injury modifiers", so I'm assuming it's only wound modifiers.

And an addendum (having to do with how said stun was acquired... miserable lucky bastard mages and their cumulative 24 dice...) - when someone hits you with a stunball, is the Spell Resistance Test the only one you get to make to see if you take damage, or - if you fail said test - do you still get to resist the stun with your Body, as you would when you take stun damage for any other reason?
You just get your Spell Resistance test. No additional Body test.
ShadowGhost
You only get one resistance test. Fail that and you're hit, automatically getting the base damage the spell was cast at, and extra successes stage up the damage. Fill up your Stun Boxes, and it overflows into Physical Damage.

Which is another reason to use cover as much as possible - Cover modifiers increase the TN for Spells (SR3, 181). Also, things that affect visibility (Lighting, smoke, rain) also increase TNs, just as it does for gun-toting Sammies.
Shockwave_IIc
For healing Stun Damage.

Things that Apply
Wound Modifiers
Symbiotes (As they adjust the healing time for Stun and Physical Damage)
Fortune
Plus the Quick Healer Edge. wink.gif
BitBasher
QUOTE (Fortune)

Hallowed be thy name.
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Fortune)

Although I would let that work, I'm not 100% that it is Canon for it too. Hence why i never mentioned it.

QUOTE (BitBasher)
Hallowed be thy name.

Oh yeah Baby, Ork with Body 10, Willpower 4, Quick Healer and Lvl 3 Symbiotes.
Bring on that healing!!!!!
Kagetenshi
Give us this day our daily TN mod, and forgive us our woundings as we forgive the woundings of others. Lead us not into infection, but deliver us from the sickbed; for thine are the antibodies, and the platelets, and the leukocytes, forever and ever, amen.

~J
hahnsoo
All you have to do is go into a deep state of Kel'noreem.
mmu1
Bah. Thank God for stimulant patches, I guess.
Club
I have a problem with the detail that a blow from a 15 lb sledgehammer (A mace by the rules) swung by a bloody big troll will be healed inside a day, barring physical damage.

It's an abstract, simplified system, so I suppose we just have to put up with it. Better than D&D damage anyway
ShadowGhost
QUOTE (Club)
I have a problem with the detail that a blow from a 15 lb sledgehammer (A mace by the rules) swung by a bloody big troll will be healed inside a day, barring physical damage.

It's an abstract, simplified system, so I suppose we just have to put up with it. Better than D&D damage anyway

If you choose to do Physical Damage, instead of Stun, it's ain't gonna heal in one day.... otherwise, if you choose Stun Damage and you have enough successes to stage up, and overflow the Stun boxes, again, it's not likely to heal in one day.
toturi
QUOTE (hahnsoo)

Way to go, junior!
hahnsoo
QUOTE (toturi)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 2 2005, 07:52 AM)

Way to go, junior!

"Hey, Teal'c, we don't have enough oxygen to last us 12 hours..."
"I'll put myself into a deep state of Kel'noreem to conserve oxygen."

"Teal'c! We thought you drowned!"
"I put myself in a deep state of Kel'noreem"

"I have no lines in this particular mission briefing... *goes into Kel'noreem*"
Fortune
QUOTE (Shockwave_IIc)
Although I would let that work, I'm not 100% that it is Canon for it too. Hence why i never mentioned it.

What would not canon about it?

Quick Healer SRC pg. 21:
A character with the Quick Healer Edge recovers from damagemore quickly than other characters. Reduce the target numbers for the character's healing tets by 2 after applying all other modifiers. The target number cannot be reduced to less than 2.
Edward
QUOTE (ShadowGhost)
QUOTE (Club @ Mar 2 2005, 12:14 AM)

If you choose to do Physical Damage, instead of Stun, it's ain't gonna heal in one day.... otherwise, if you choose Stun Damage and you have enough successes to stage up, and overflow the Stun boxes, again, it's not likely to heal in one day.

But that weapon only dose stun damage.

When a low skilled human hits an average human with a weapon like that your probably getting 1 success on the attack and one success on the resistance test. Target takes S stun.

I can believe that it wouldn’t kill the target but 2 hits would be in with a chance (depending on medical aid) and the idea that you will have nothing worse than a minor ach (no wound penalties) in les than 12 hours is lafable)

Edward
Tarantula
Do they have 2 levels of brawling? Let them take the vicious blow maneuver. "A character may choose to use a weapon that normally influcts stun damage in such a way that physical damage is inflicted instead."

It makes it harder to stage, but the sledge isn't going away anytime soon. With a base skill of 3 (average) joe shmoe can have brawling, with vicious blow maneuver, no problem. Skill of 4, I'd say most people would learn kick attack, as by then they're skilled enough to not fall on their ass trying it nyahnyah.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012