Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FAQ vs Errata
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adam
Hey folks,

Since there's a _lot_ of furor over some aspects of the recent FAQ update, I'd just like to point out that errata updates for many books are also upcoming. I'm not sure if they will address the issues you care about, but they'll be online soon.

[Hrm, what do Shadowrun fans want more -- more ebooks or the errata up sooner? Decisions, decisions... wink.gif]

Cheers,
Adam
Wireknight
eBooks. We like the eBooks. We fear the errata.
Aes
More ebooks!

We have the big foam and latex weapons some LARPers who borrowed our gaming rooms stashed away to beat people who try bending the rule sover the head with anyhow nyahnyah.gif
hahnsoo
McGwire:    Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?
Crowd:      Dingers!  Dingers! [McGwire hits the long ball] Oooh!

-Brother's Little Helper, AABF22

Dingers! Erm, I mean, eBooks!
Sokei
um M&M , brainscan , ANYTHING ebooks, more i needs them .... NEEEDDSSS THEM *pets the screen*

heh , all my hard copies are falling into dust from over use.
Eldritch
E-Books. definetly E-books.

Faq/Errata just causes all kinds of arguments at DS.

BitBasher
QUOTE (Wireknight)

I agree, more E-books! I can only pray to whatever diety you choose that please, for the love of pete, I pray the errata make more sense than the FAQ updates. =(
mfb
what about more ebooks with awesomized errata? i'm a big fan of both having cake and eating cake.
Adam
All the ebooks do include the most recent errata, including the ones previously released -- they have errata that in some cases isn't even on the site yet.
Kanada Ten
Seattle Supplemental
Fortune
If the e-books are up-to-date with errata, then e-books would be more welcome.
Kanada Ten
I think he's saying they already have the latest errata, but that the web page doesn't.
Fortune
Check the time stamps. I posted first! nyahnyah.gif

I had a few windows open, and it took me a while to get to this thread. smile.gif
Capt. Dave
QUOTE (Wireknight)

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with WireKnight and BitBasher, more ebooks. The FAQ displeases me...
Aes
Ebooks precioussss. We needsss the ebookssss. No needs for errata. No, preciousss. Ssstinking erratta makesss for argumentssss in dumpshock, forumsss. We don't like that, do we precioussss? No precioussss. Evil, nasssty threadssss with peoplessss arguing about nitpickingsssss, precious! *gollum!* *gollum!*

Givesss us more ebookssss, precious!
toturi
Errata, good. FAQ, fragged up!
Fortune
QUOTE (Aes)
Ssstinking erratta makesss for argumentssss in dumpshock, forumsss. We don't like that, do we precioussss? No precioussss. Evil, nasssty threadssss with peoplessss arguing about nitpickingsssss,

Note that we are not arguing over Errata. We are debating the FAQ.
Eyeless Blond
QUOTE (Fortune)
QUOTE (Aes @ Mar 4 2005, 11:22 AM)
Ssstinking erratta makesss for argumentssss in dumpshock, forumsss. We don't like that, do we precioussss? No precioussss. Evil, nasssty threadssss with peoplessss arguing about nitpickingsssss,

Note that we are not arguing over Errata. We are debating the FAQ.

Much as Fanpro seems to confuse one for the other so very often (inserting rule changes into the FAQ and trying to pass them off as clarifications, etc.)
Crimson Jack
Errata, please. I don't use the Ebooks.
Endgame50
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Errata, please. I don't use the Ebooks.

I agree.
RunnerPaul
I agree too. He just does not use ebooks.

*grin/duck/run*
Endgame50
*looks for a trace and burn program, fails to find one, sighs*
Skarn Ka

Debugged QSR Sample Characters for the poor noobs ! grinbig.gif
Fester
Catholic schoolgirls who play Shadowrun.
Sokei
QUOTE (Fester)

ive got one of those im my group , heh. so i only need more Ebooks. thanks cyber.gif
nezumi
QUOTE (Fester)

I'm definitely there. Preferably ones who don't mind polygamy.

Just curious, now that we have ebooks coming out which avoid all the troubles of actually producing and distributing paper, any chance we'll see more smaller books which are simply don't put up enough of a profit margin to sell in book stores? I mean 50 page things which cost almost as much as a 150 page thing to print and distribute, but which costs less to post online?
Rev
Woah, ebooks.

Feel my money trickle toward you.

(Bug City desired)
Adam
QUOTE (nezumi @ Mar 4 2005, 11:56 AM)
Just curious, now that we have ebooks coming out which avoid all the troubles of actually producing and distributing paper, any chance we'll see more smaller books which are simply don't put up enough of a profit margin to sell in book stores?  I mean 50 page things which cost almost as much as a 150 page thing to print and distribute, but which costs less to post online?

There's a better chance of it, but writing + art + production is still not inexpensive. We're discussing a few electronic-only products over the next year.
DrJest
QUOTE (Sokei)
QUOTE (Fester @ Mar 4 2005, 04:11 AM)

ive got one of those im my group , heh. so i only need more Ebooks. thanks cyber.gif

Okay, I know what MY next run is... Target: Sokei!
Apathy
i'm a big fan of both having cake and eating cake.

mmmmm....cake....

How about cake with regeneration? That way, even after you eat it, it grows right back!

er, unless the fork is considered stun damage,...or doesn't inflict a deadly wound, or...or...
*Splat!*
*Apathy's brain explodes and he falls into a crumpled heap on the thread.*
bit_buckethead
I say errata would be preferable. I have a limited amount of money to buy ebooks( R3R is the first on my list) and I would prefer to have all of the errata for the books I already own.
Kagetenshi
My vote is definitely eBooks, personally.

~J
tisoz
QUOTE (Adam)
There's a better chance of it, but writing + art + production is still inexpensive. We're discussing a few electronic-only products over the next year.

Did you mean expensive?

If it is still inexpensive, I would expect to see many, many small ebooks.
Adam
What I actually meant was "not inexpensive." oops.
mfb
modern english can pose a notty problem, if you aren't paying attention.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (mfb)
modern english can pose a notty problem, if you aren't paying attention.

heh, notty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012