Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What music do you listen to?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
torzzzzz
It's the weekend and I am sure you will all be SR, I have been deserted and have nothing but the playstation for company. Most of the people I play with are in the army and they are on exercise. So to amuse my self I thought of this poll. When we play we normally have music on in the backgound as it helps with the mood, just wondered if anyone else has music on when they are gaming and if so what do you listen to?

torz cool.gif
Cynic project
I listen to break beats,at least hat is wha ti mainly listen to. I alos listen to all sorts of music, from gothic, too happy hard core, too punk, too Indy rap, too folk.
hahnsoo
We play online over TeamSpeak, and music adds a bit too much static for everyone to hear each other clearly. So we don't use music.
Slamm-O
punk rock man, i cant believe thats not a choice.
torzzzzz
Sorry, punk off course!

doh

I need a kicking for that!

Torz x embarrassed.gif
Smiley
Where's Raffi??
torzzzzz
?
hahnsoo
When I was in High School, we had some games where we played Monty Python and Weird Al in the background. Not sure if that goes in the above categories.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 4 2005, 05:26 PM)
When I was in High School, we had some games where we played Monty Python and Weird Al in the background. Not sure if that goes in the above categories.

Weird Al now thats a blast form the past, I Can't listen to nivarna's smells like tean spirit in the same way ever again not to mention Frank Zappas valley girls!

hehehehe

torz x spin.gif
The Grifter
Sometimes rock, sometimes sorta industrial techno stuff. Mostly it's just to drown out the rest of the noise in the house, not really to add atmosphere.
Mr.Cato
actually I'm looking around for some background music for the Seattle scene. normally we just grab any death CD from the rack...

Any of you have nice complete CD that sets this scene.. ? With out remembering much about it I'm wondering if the bladerunner soundtrack would be any good. or maybe some other movie... ?

Much more simple when we were playing Vampire... the soundtrack to "interview with a vampire" must have run more than 500 times wobble.gif
Kagetenshi
I listen to hours of progressive noodling. Mmm, experimental music.

~J
Solstice
well are all metal freaks so we listen to the heaviest shite we have on hand atm. With periodic headbanging breaks. \m/

I don't mean RATM or SOD or any of that other pop metal crap. sarcastic.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Mr.Cato @ Mar 4 2005, 05:26 PM)
actually I'm looking around for some background music for the Seattle scene. normally we just grab any death CD from the rack...

Any of you have nice complete CD that sets this scene.. ? With out remembering much about it I'm wondering if the bladerunner soundtrack would be any good. or maybe some other movie... ?

Much more simple when we were playing Vampire... the soundtrack to "interview with a vampire" must have run more than 500 times  wobble.gif

for seattle it has to be Frount line assembly or if you are in to it anything from NIN,
if we are really up for a bashing the Event horizon soundtrack comes out!

torz

hermit
Currently: an MP3 collection of Coldplay, the Soundtrack of Ghost in the shell (both the first movie and the TV series), Nightwish and The Summoning. The latter count as Metal, I guess, GitS as "other", and Coldplay is (softest) Rock.

and I won't be playing this weekend either, since my only company is the flu.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (hermit)
and I won't be playing this weekend either, since my only company is the flu.

Flu nasty, had it few weeks ago there seems to be this killer flu going around at the moment ...... had it that bad i gave up smoking!! smokin.gif

Get well soon!

Play it will make you feel better!

torz xx
hermit
Flu nasty, had it few weeks ago there seems to be this killer flu going around at the moment ...... had it that bad i gave up smoking!!

Well, I cannot even speak at the moment, hardly drink, not eat, and definitly cannot smoke ... frown.gif

Yeah, it's that killer flu. the newspaper today had a map of how it spread in Germany in the last few weeks. Must've come from abroad, since the first cases were reported in Munich and Frankfurt ... then it crept northward.

Damn bug. frown.gif
torzzzzz
It was me I released it from my lab, it's my global experiment. How resistant to antibiotics have we all become!

bwhahahahah (Mad scientist's laugh)

torz x vegm.gif
hahnsoo
Considering the flu is not affected by antibiotics...
torzzzzz
Good job some one is paying attention... The Virus one of natures great adaptors!
and you wouldn't think i have a BSc Hons in biochemistry ??

torz x biggrin.gif
Daegann
> I don't play lot with music because generally I don't play at home and when I can listen music it's generally random music because I don't choose). However a things I like is for foreign run, play foreign music. If the run is happening in Cuba, it's good to listen cuban music, german band if the run is in Germany or korean music for run in Korea (and for that I have a lot of music style for different ambiance). It depend also of the kind of adventure (investigation, action, ...) and the moment during the job (Johnson or fixer rendez-vous, infiltration, gun fight). Anyway, my favorite kind of music is rock (especially korean rock, metal or pop-rock) so if the music selection is not crucial it's that I prefer.
> Daegann
Crimsondude 2.0
You forgot, "Everything."
Shockwave_IIc
Mostly Nu-metal as im a MASSIVE Linkin Park Fan though i listen to Eminem, Offspring, Prodigy, Chemical Brothers. Various things really
Solstice
While not my fav, Kidney Thieves seems to lend itself particulary well to my vision of SR.
Crimson Jack
Other. Lots of good downloadable techno and remixes & mushes. Normally, heavy on mood, light on fast beat. Also like experimental music and sound/mood-driven stuff. Mike Patton is a god, btw.

Also, Trance isn't always (nor even often) fast dance music. I've scores of trance that is at the name implies. (fyi) smile.gif
Kagetenshi
Er, yeah. Trance is, in my experience, quite rarely fast dance music.

~J
Snow_Fox
When I'm on my own-country
John Campbell
I've posted it before, but...

This is the playlist that I normally run to.
Kagetenshi
"Blood on my hands and my hands in the till, down at the 7-11…"

~J
Mr. Man
According to Ishkur's Guide I enjoy "classic trance" which is neither a real genre nor known for its speed (so I voted "Other"). I also like a lot of downtempo stuff (such as that played on Monkey Radio).

That's when I'm not gaming though. I prefer not to have music on when I'm gaming.

Grinder
I chose "heavy metal" due to a better possibility. Death Metal is the music i'm very into as well as hardcore and metalcore. Mostly the underground stuff, not the shit like hatebreed, biohazard or six feet under. As a writer for three music zines it's easy for me to get new CDs, so i have a large collection of music available.

While playing we prefer calm stuff like the latest Opeth, Karma To Burn or Green Carnation.
Xirces
I generally like guitar rock/metal, the heavier the better, but I'll listen to just about everything...

I'm a huge fan of Girls Aloud (but only with the sound turned off)

Actually I always thought Sepultura were a good SR type of band, SOAD, RATM both fit really well, some Radiohead is good for a dystopian feel. A few bits of rap/hip-hop (I'm not generally a fan, but some is quite good) and stuff like the Chemical Brothers (what genre is that anyway?)

Throw in some slower, quieter stuff and I'm happy smile.gif

torzzzzz
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
Other. Lots of good downloadable techno and remixes & mushes. Normally, heavy on mood, light on fast beat. Also like experimental music and sound/mood-driven stuff. Mike Patton is a god, btw.

Also, Trance isn't always (nor even often) fast dance music. I've scores of trance that is at the name implies. (fyi) smile.gif

Depend on what type of trance you listen to?

I like Brainbug, Sasha, 808 state and Lucid.

some of there stuff is defiantly not slow, but yes most trance tends to be trancy... doh!

But can't get enough of Industrial metal

torz x spin.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Xirces @ Mar 5 2005, 06:32 AM)
I'm a huge fan of Girls Aloud (but only with the sound turned off)

You need help!!

torz wink.gif

Just another random point, why douse the Target bit under your name change? last night i was a target but today i am a moveing target? I am sure this has been said befor but i am intruegued!
Fortune
I believe that you get to start moving after 100 posts.
torzzzzz
Ah Thanks Fortune!! smile.gif

torz x
Arethusa
100+ posts: Moving Target
1000+ posts: Running Target
1500+ posts: Shooting Target.

I'm guessing 2000 is Neophyte Runner, or somesuch.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (torzzzzz)
QUOTE (Crimson Jack @ Mar 4 2005, 11:10 PM)
Also, Trance isn't always (nor even often) fast dance music.  I've scores of trance that is at the name implies.  (fyi)  smile.gif

Depend on what type of trance you listen to?

I like Brainbug, Sasha, 808 state and Lucid.

some of there stuff is defiantly not slow, but yes most trance tends to be trancy... doh!

Hence the "isn't always" part of the post. wink.gif
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Arethusa)
100+ posts: Moving Target
1000+ posts: Running Target
1500+ posts: Shooting Target.

I'm guessing 2000 is Neophyte Runner, or somesuch.

It is all clear to me now thanks for that!

torz xx grinbig.gif

Crimson Jack - OK you got me there!! grinbig.gif
Sahandrian
I just put Other, since we usually play by AIM, so I have no idea what everyone else has playing. But if I were to guess, the old group probably had these:

shaman: Nightwish and E Nomine
rigger: Paul Oakenfold and Blue Man Group
ninja-adept: Shinedown and Linkin Park
the other adept: Nothing

Personally, mine is usually 80's industrial/metal and similar music. VNV Nation, Project Pitchfork, Queensryche...
DrJest
Where to begin? I know, random first-ten plays from iTunes...

<tap, tap, tap PLAY>

Sting, Shape of My Heart
Undertones, Teenage Kicks
Joan Jett, I Love Rock and Roll
All About Eve, Another Door
Sarah Maclachlan, Possession
Gibson-Miller Band, Texas Tattoo
Martika, Toy Soldiers
Kate Rusby, The Cobbler's Daugher
Bob Seger, Main Street
Jethro Tull, Tall Thin Girl

Hmm... Not bad, fairly representative of my tastes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012