Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a nice module
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Endgame50
Hey all,
Spring break is rearing its wonderful head around these parts, and I thought I would find a module (preferably with multiple adventures in it) to run for my group, as we've all been pretty busy and unable to game lately. We've already done part of Survival of the Fittest before the group was wiped out, so I'd prefer to avoid that. Anyway, given that, does anyone have a recommendation for something to run?

[Edit: I'll take any suggestion though, SR2, single run, or otherwise]
Capt. Dave
Just give your players a brief description (if it won't ruin the plot) of a few adventures, and see what they would be most interested in playing. Or talk to the and see what type of adventure they'd be into, and pick one accordingly.

Or just run Brainscan smile.gif
Crimson Jack
I ran Survival of the Fittest for my group. A bit easy, but still a pretty good skeleton of an idea if you like tinkering. Harley's Back is pretty sweet also.
hahnsoo
Depends on the timeline that your characters are currently in, and what you've run before. Wake of the Comet has some good straightforward runs. Super Tuesday also has some good runs in it. *shrugs*

You can also check out the Shadowun Missions downloads for free:
http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/missions/downloads/

May not be your cup of tea, but it's free.
Large Mike
Harlequin and Harlequin's Back

That should keep you going through spring break.
Crimson Jack
Plus, Harley's a great character to NPC. cool.gif
Endgame50
Now to find them.

If I end up running them, I wonder if I should come in with clown makeup on...
fistandantilus4.0
Definitely.
I had the greates time running that game because oone of my players has a real life phobia to clowns. nyahnyah.gif
Endgame50
Hell, I have a real life phobia of clowns...
hahnsoo
Can't sleep. Clown'll eat me...
fistandantilus4.0
I am making my kids that bed!
Endgame50
Sadly, I don't think I've any way to get my hands on Harley's stuff and run it within the time limits imposed by spring break, so I think I'll go with brainscan. I'd appreciate any input on running it. And on the off chance no one wanted to play a decker, would they be screwed?
DocMortand
That's one thing I was never sure on - Is it preferrable to play Harley's Back only if you've done the original Harley adventure? And is it recommended to do Brainscan after subjecting your runners to the horrors of the Arc or before?
Mr.Cato
I'm taking my player through "Brainscan" right now. I would say it a nice collection of adventures. It starts out pretty easy only to become quite lethal towards the end.

Legends Dodger and Ronin... Renraku top bosses... Red Samurai suqads.. and the the AI and all it minions and killer drones. Gotta love it.

but for chronology maybe you shuold pick up the "Year of the comet" and "wake of the comet" first...
Weredigo
Ivy and Chrome
tisoz
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Mar 5 2005, 01:56 AM)
That's one thing I was never sure on - Is it preferrable to play Harley's Back only if you've done the original Harley adventure?  And is it recommended to do Brainscan after subjecting your runners to the horrors of the Arc or before?

The two Harlequin adventures have almost nothing in common.

The first is a series of runs that don't even appear related until later in the adventure. If the GM inserts some other runs in between them, it is even harder to make the connections.

Harlequins Back is one long astral quest. A few inside jokes for those that ran Harlequin, but you can change very little and actually run Harlequins Back before Harlequin.

Lot's of people love Harlequins Back. I don't care for it that much. I do think Harlequin is one of the best adventures.
Foreigner
Endgame50:

Try Ebay.

Ebay: Shadowrun, Games, Books, Action Figures items at low prices

The last time I looked, there were quite a few adventure modules available.

One seller, a Canadian using the alias "manathome2000", has the following adventures available:

IVY & CHROME;

IMAGO;

DIVIDED ASSETS;

BOTTLED DEMON;

TOTAL ECLIPSE; and

EYE WITNESS.

As of 9:06 A.M. E.S.T., none had received any bids.

Starting bid on IMAGO is U.S.D. $3.99; all of the others start at U.S.D. $4.99.

Good luck.

--Foreigner
DrJest
If Imago's the one I'm thinking of, I really enjoyed playing it. The showdown at Glencoe was creepy as hell. Of course, as always that may have had more to do with the GM. (And to be honest, my houngan animating the corpses of the dead to even the odds probably didn't help. But hey, what's a battle without the walking dead? cyber.gif )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012