Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Africa: 2064
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
badmudderfugger
I have Cyberpirates, which has information on some West African states (mostly what was Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana) and a blurb on Madagascar.

I also know that T:AL also discusses kiliminjaro briefly and that the Wakyambi elves are mentioned in SR:Companion.

What other canon SR sources have given us info on Sub-Saharan African states?

I remember some reference to the Zulu Nation in old White Wolf magazines, but I'm pretty sure they're non-canonical, given that there was a canon discussion of New Orleans in T:SH.

Can anyone help answer this for me?
Prospero
The Sprawl Survival Guide has blurbs on Africa in general, as well as Cairo and Cape Town. There's a little blurbs of history about the Maghreb in SoE and Dot6W (in Aden's section). Can't think of anything else.
Crimsondude 2.0
There is some info in Predator & Prey since one of the runs ends there.

The Zulu Nation is canon. It's mentioned in Aztlan. It's part of the Azanian Confederation (check out the info on Mujaji in DotSW). It's also the settings in one of the novels by Sargetn & Gasgione, but I can't recall which. Nosferatu, perhaps?

Also mentioned in Cybertechnology, and...

You get the idea.
Ancient History
Speaking of deserts, there's Target: Wastelands
Crimsondude 2.0
he said "sub-Saharan."
toturi
Africa does not have only 1 desert, bub.
Crimsondude 2.0
Goddammit.

There are two named deserts in T:W, too.

Fuck. My bad.
hermit
There also is one novel that in large parts takes place in former South Africa, covering the Vrystaat as well as the Zulu-Elf nation. Might've been that Nosferatu book, but I'm not sure there, since it's been about seven years since I read these books.
Demonseed Elite
Yeah, it's Nosferatu.

If you can't find the book, you can get some basic info here.
hermit
Does the 6th world wiki cover Azania?
Demonseed Elite
Not very much. But what it does cover is here.
Backgammon
Thread here
Thread here (about Asamando)
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Not very much. But what it does cover is here.

It would be nice to see more folks helping out with the wiki. Even one or two articles derived from an old beat-up copy Shadowbeat would be useful.
hermit
QUOTE (Backgammon)
Thread here
Thread here (about Asamando)

Both threads are mainly about those Asamando carrion-eaters ... I'd like to see some more variety concering Africa.

It would be nice to see more folks helping out with the wiki. Even one or two articles derived from an old beat-up copy Shadowbeat would be useful.

I'm reading through Nosferatu again, and will try and compile some articles on former South Africa. smile.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Even one or two articles derived from an old beat-up copy Shadowbeat would be useful.

There's stuff in Shadowbeat about the area? Must have missed that.
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 6 2005, 09:15 PM)
Even one or two articles derived from an old beat-up copy Shadowbeat would be useful.

I just thumbed through it again. Where is the info on Africa?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Crimson Jack)
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Mar 6 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 6 2005, 09:15 PM)

I just thumbed through it again. Where is the info on Africa?

I meant the Sixth World Wiki in general, not information about Africa. The Sixth World Wiki is slowly, but steadily, growing in size and I'd like to see it become a more valuable resource.
Demonseed Elite
Aren't there also probably a few legal concerns about putting up info from the books up on the wiki?
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
Aren't there also probably a few legal concerns about putting up info from the books up on the wiki?

If you cut/paste it, sure. But summarizing the information in a concise and referential manner is fine, and in fact, probably preferable. It's no different than writing a book review, as long as you aren't ripping entire sections directly out of the book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012