Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New & Improved Fav Artist Poll
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimson Jack
I couldn't take it any longer. I didn't want Bradstreet to be relegated to the "other" category any longer. Every time I read the other poll thread, I winced. So here we go. Newer, better poll. biggrin.gif

And I still like Prescott. nyahnyah.gif
Solstice
I've only seen about 2 SR pictures I really liked and I don't know who any of those people are so...i vote "no"?
Crimsondude 2.0
Well, if you don't have a favorite what would be the purpose of you voting other than to piss on the results for those of us who do?
torzzzzz
I voted for Jim Nelson, because i realy like his art work!

torz x wink.gif
Grinder
Tim! Tim! Tim!

biggrin.gif
Synner
While I'm a big fan of Bradstreet's art, Prescott gets my vote, simply because for all the grit and shadowy photorealistic coolness of Bradstreet's stuff there's not one proper troll, dwarf or ork in any of his stuff - and this is Shadowrun. Klaus Scherwinski is one of the unrecognized greats in my mind because he's just got the atmosphere down pat and every little piece has a couple of details that just tells you he knows the game. Shane Coppage and Eric Desideriu's stuff in the last couple of books is also growing on me.
Kanada Ten
Adi Granov, Marco Sasso, and Klaus Scherwinski of the new works tie near enough.
Shockwave_IIc
Well i like the cover of Survival of the Fittest, the SOTA books and Shadows Books. so whoever did them
Club
the cover credit is typiclly in the small print somewhere in the first few pages, along with the ISBN and assorted other stuff.
Kanada Ten
Adi Granvo did SotF and Klaus did SoE. Fred Hooper did SotA64. Marc Sasso did SotA63. And Chris Moeller did SoNA (I like him too, but need to see more).
Solstice
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Well, if you don't have a favorite what would be the purpose of you voting other than to piss on the results for those of us who do?

My devious plan has been uncovered...

*hides*

god talk about overreaction. eek.gif
DocMortand
Who did the art for Universal Brotherhood? Talk about freaky art that I actually noticed...
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Club)
the cover credit is typiclly in the small print somewhere in the first few pages, along with the ISBN and assorted other stuff.

You mean the Table of Contents and Credits?

QUOTE (DocMortand)
Who did the art for Universal Brotherhood?  Talk about freaky art that I actually noticed...

Well, there's no TOC & Credits for Zeb's piece, but "Missing Blood" attributes various credits as follows.

Insect Design
Joel Biske
Jeff Laubenstein
Jim Nelson

Production Staff
Art Director
Dana Knutson

Cover Art
John Zeleznik

Cover Design
Joel Biske

Illustration
Joel Biske
Earl Geier
Jeff Laubenstein
Jim Nelson

Layout
Tara Gallagher
DocMortand
It was the Zeb piece I was referring to. Well can anyone recognize any artist sigs in those pieces? I wouldn't know what to look for, just that they are usually there...

Dunno why, but they really amplified the creepiness of the whole "notebook" style of things. Definately my vote for excellent use of art.
Crimsondude 2.0
However, the Credits section might apply to the whole book, since it includes the cover art and layout.
SuperSpy
Biske, Geier, Laubenstein and Nelson's work seam to be throught Zeb's peice. The signature on the color images on the back appears to belong to Biske.
Da-som
Jim Nelson... but not as Art Director biggrin.gif
TheOneRonin
No Mike Jackson? Maybe most of his work is in 2nd Ed. books, so he gets neglected. But this is the guy "defined" Shadowrun firearms and cyberware for me. He did pretty much all the illustrations in Fields of Fire, and a bunch in Cybertechnology (the cyberarm gryromount is one of my favs). He also did many of the drone illustrations in Rigger 2.

He has his own website too: http://www.steampoweredfilms.ca/mj/mjhome.htm

Anyway, I petition that he be added to the poll.

Daegann
> There are many great illustrators... I like a lot Mike Jackson yes. And there are not enougth John Zeleznik draw for me, he is a great artist. Jim Nelson have also made many good draw. There is also an illustrator who just made the covert for Johnson Little Black Book and for Survival of the Fittest : Adi Granov. I really like his style.

I like more artist, and I also dislike some other...
> daegann
shadow_scholar
For color cover art it would be a close call for me, going between Fred Fields and Luis Royo. Fred Fields and Tim Bradstreet did a collab once for a novel, I think. See the art here. Fred also did the cover for Underworld Sourcebook, art is here. Luis Royo did the cover for Fields of Fire, the art is here, but be warned, it is a large pic and many take a while to load if you're on dialup.

As for black and white, I'd have to say Jeff Laubenstein all the way. He creates the coolest paranormal critters and "goblinoids."
Crimsondude 2.0
The cover of Underworld Sourcebook is one of my favorites (shame I can't seem to think of anything good to say about the interior).

The FoF cover, though, annoys me. Something about the girl in a black corset and bright red dress in the middle of this grey sprawl, surrounded by mercs in heavy black armor... Just doesn't work, you know?
Crimson Jack
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
The cover of Underworld Sourcebook is one of my favorites (shame I can't seem to think of anything good to say about the interior).

The FoF cover, though, annoys me. Something about the girl in a black corset and bright red dress in the middle of this grey sprawl, surrounded by mercs in heavy black armor... Just doesn't work, you know?

I don't really like that exit/entrance(?) wound on the poor slob's head though. I'm with you on the FoF cover though.
TeOdio
QUOTE (Synner)
While I'm a big fan of Bradstreet's art, Prescott gets my vote, simply because for all the grit and shadowy photorealistic coolness of Bradstreet's stuff there's not one proper troll, dwarf or ork in any of his stuff - and this is Shadowrun.

There's some very coll looking orks in the Ivy and Chrome adventure module(That sounds too DnDish, but you get the point) THey were som ork mercs from the Cascade Ork tribe. He did the art for their leader, a female ork shaman called Rat Mash Dancer. I think they are great depictions of orks.
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
GrinderTheTroll
Wow, so few votes for Leff Laubenstien, pity. But I suppose alot of his art, hell 99% of it, vanishes from SR3.

He did alot of work for FASA in their other products, BattleTech was my game-of-choice before SR showed up and at that time, all the FASA stuff was dripping with Jeff's material.

/still a fan.
Kaeso
Mike Jackson... He gave a "realistic" look to the game IMHO.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)

Yeah, it's come up numerous times about how silly that picture is in regards to her. At least with Survival of the Fittest the woman gets a handgun, is more than half dressed. smile.gif

QUOTE (GrinderTheTroll)
Wow, so few votes for Leff Laubenstien, pity.  But I suppose alot of his art, hell 99% of it, vanishes from SR3.

Gyah! The main reason I dislike his work is that it's too cartoony and he never seems able to do noses properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012