Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sleeping Tiger Clothing
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Fresno Bob
I've been reading and re-reading the description for Sleeping Tiger clothing in the CC, and no matter how I picture it in my head, I don't see how it could look anything but retarded and unwearable. How could it possibly be considered executive wear? Did the Awakening also destroy everyone's sense of fashion? Also, what the hell is a 'power tie'?
mfb
i actually like it because it doesn't match today's fashion mores. i get tired of the "cleverness" of having 206x fashion trends being "retro" 200x fashion (though i understand why it's done--few people want to play someone who looks stupid).

it is apparent, though, that trog fashion is basically retro-80spunk.
Kanada Ten
Power Tie - (current trend 2063) A suede necktie, often narrow, with a cascading texture scheme and a jewel or logo insert on the knot. Reversible silk and suede designs are gaining popularity with Manhattan jet-setters.
Fresno Bob
Well...thank you.

So...is a swede tie a tie from Sweden?
kevyn668
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Well...thank you.

So...is a swede tie a tie from Sweden?

rotfl.gif
Kanada Ten
Just the skin. It's tanned in New Jersey.
Fresno Bob
Hey, I don't know ties. I dress like a trog.
Kanada Ten
And I spell like one.
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Also, what the hell is a 'power tie'?

Did you somehow miss the 80's? Power ties are ties worn by yuppie executives to enhance their image and appearance. Since most corporate dress codes precluded wearing anything fashionable (unless you wanted to throw away money on a Armante suit, and even then, it was just a well-made suit), the middle class/upper middle class businessmen tended to wear fancy silk ties made by the top names in fashion. It started to get ridiculous when ties started to cost more than the suits. The trend stopped around the early 90's, but there are still a lot of folks who get expensive ties to impress their boss or coworkers.
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Did you somehow miss the 80's?

Well, when you were born in 1987, its kind of easy to do so.
kevyn668
QUOTE (Voorhees)
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Did you somehow miss the 80's?

Well, when you were born in 1987, its kind of easy to do so.

Saw that one coming.
hahnsoo
Man, next thing you know, you'll start asking what the word "grok" means or who George Harrison was...
Arethusa
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
unless you wanted to throw away money on a Armante suit, and even then, it was just a well-made suit

I'm pretty sure Armante doesn't exist...
Fresno Bob
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Man, next thing you know, you'll start asking what the word "grok" means or who George Harrison was...

Well, I know who George Harrison is...
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Arethusa)
QUOTE (hahnsoo @ Mar 8 2005, 09:17 PM)
unless you wanted to throw away money on a Armante suit, and even then, it was just a well-made suit

I'm pretty sure Armante doesn't exist...

*smacks forehead* Damn you, Shadowrun! I meant Armani, as in Giorgio Armani.
Tarantula
I was born in 86... and I know what grok means. So combined, we win!
Fresno Bob
Score! Take that, you fogeys!
Weredigo
I am currently working on Grokking a bowl of Spaghetti...
Kagetenshi
I grok a bowl of spaghetti and this thread.

~J
Tal
I grok grokking.
Kagetenshi
I grok you. Needs salt.

~J
Smiley
Fogies?? Grok that! And grok you, too!
Wounded Ronin
It's all about the 80s, really.
Fortune
I liked the '80's! That was back when I was still alive. biggrin.gif
mintcar
I like how 2050īs Shadowrun was more eighties than the eighties. biggrin.gif
DrJest
2050's Shadowrun, especially the first half, was like an MTV video of a Rock collection. Ah, good memories... smile.gif
Smed
Yeah, every runner looked like they belonged in a heavy metal hair band....
mintcar
Something I donīt miss a chance to remind my players of. Yesterday I played a "memory run" with two of my players, detailing their first meeting, back in -56. So funny imagining a minotaur in a pink shirt with yellow rectangles, white shorts, and a yellow jacket with fake jewl buttons in different shapes and colours. grinbig.gif
Lindt
Yep, early SR was what happens when you take the 80s over-the-top. Scary thought.
Backgammon
Ninjas.
Wounded Ronin
There should be rule where every full five combat actions you waste on guitar riffing you get a karma point or something. It would lead to firefights where the whole team stands around riffing.
Kagetenshi
Shadowbeat needs bonuses for mullets. I mean, they've already got them for sasquatch.

~J
Tarantula
Wounded, then you'll get a virtuoso adept that runs around doing masterpiece guitar riffs.
mintcar
All the artwork in the centering section of the Grimoire book had mop-headed elven mages doing guitarr riffs in them, if my memory serves me right. cool.gif
Smed
Bet that Adept that took the Only when wearing a Mullet Geasa on all his powers back then wears a Hat a lot now...
Arethusa
CORRECTION.
It is
not a MULLET.
Aes
QUOTE (Arethusa)
CORRECTION.
It is
not a MULLET.

Gotta admit it IS kind of a big restriction that his powers only work while wearing a fish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012