Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Policlubs Do you use them?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheQuestionMan
Hoi Chummers, I have three requests

1. What are the Canon Policlubs?

2. What Policlubs have you created for your campaigns?

3. How much influence do they have in your campaigns?

Thank you in advance.

QM
hahnsoo
QUOTE (TheQuestionMan)
Hoi Chummers, I have three requests

1. What are the Canon Policlubs?

2. What Policlubs have you created for your campaigns?

3. How much influence do they have in your campaigns?

Thank you in advance.

QM

There's one for just about every cause. Policlub basically means Lobbying group, except they are more pro-active. The top one that comes to mind is usually Humanis, but MOM (Mothers of Metahumans), Empowerment Coalition (folded into the John Timmons Memorial Fund), Sierra Inc., Sons of Sauron, Alte Welte, Der Nachtmachen and ORC (Ork Rights Coalition) also give me a glimmer of recognition. The Policlub is supposedly a more European concept, and I'm sure they have many many more than North America.

Policlubs are mostly bit players in our campaigns. Because of their agenda, they make an obvious focus for "who's the bad guy/good guy", which may or may not be misinformation. Policlubs can also act as "legitimate gangs" in some ways, as well as a source of information about their subject of interest.

I'm fairly certain there would a policlub for every controversial issue you can think of, such as cloning, abortion, right to bear arms, free speech, etc.
Kanada Ten
I'm fairly certain there would a policlub for every controversial issue you can think of, such as cloning, abortion, right to bear arms, free speech, etc.

Probably several groups for each, all with different methods to achieve their goals and various differences in other areas. Some are national, international, or even omnipresent (like Humanis), but many are local or regional (such as the Association ParaNobilis). Obviously, these groups often come in contact with political games, but those with heavy syndicate presence should see them often enough as crime rings support and lobby through them as well as using them as fronts or for extortion.

An example of a group I created is the Urtan Foundation. This radical group is small in number but fervent in belief, and they have conjured violent rallies even after their leader's death. Urtan the Bold, an orc right's leader, called for a separate nation, independence for the Underground, and so on - something that scared the ORC leaders who's goals were equality. His violent methods were seen as a danger, and even still it is rumored that the ORC had him assassinated. You might get to read about them again if the Seattle Supplemental ever gets published.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012