Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie GM question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
silvergoat
Hi i am new here and pretty new to gming shadowrun. Next session their is a new player and he's going to play a decker.

I have read the decking rules more then a few times and i am still a bit overwhelmed. Anyway my problem is with the Bod persona utility. I cant find a multiplier or cost for it... Could some body help me out.
GrinderTheTroll
It's not in the basic SR3 book, you'll need the Matrix supplimental rule book for those.
silvergoat
Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you give me a page quote. I have all 3rd edition books.
GrinderTheTroll
Here's the thread where is asked a similar question.

Matrix p66-67
hahnsoo
Matrix pp 66-67. It's quite complicated to build a custom cyberdeck. Under BBB rules, you don't even need to worry about it, as they just "give" you MPCP X 3 points to allocate to your Persona programs.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (hahnsoo)
Matrix pp 66-67. It's quite complicated to build a custom cyberdeck. Under BBB rules, you don't even need to worry about it, as they just "give" you MPCP X 3 points to allocate to your Persona programs.

He's looking for the cost of the Bod Persona, which isn't listed or in the scope of SR3. The only real place to get that information is in building a custom deck.
silvergoat
This is a stock deck from the BBB. Do I pay for Bod with a x3 or simply give it bod adjustable at the deckers whim.
SuperSpy
You need to distrubute the MPCP x3 amongst your Bod, Evasion, Sensors and Masking attributes
GrinderTheTroll
As mentioned, the max combined persona program ratings you can have running is MPCPx3, so MPCP=6 allows for 18 points of Persona Programs.

There is no associated cost for Persona Programs using a Stock Deck from the core rules, at least there are no rules listed for it there.
Necro Tech
and no single rating can exceed your MPCP.

Also, when you pick the ratings remember that they are not adjustable without a retrofit or running in "modes" (Matrix pg. 123). Think hard what you want them at because they don't change.
Edward
I tried to design a character that had a deck with several persona modals for different tasks but they account for about 1/3-1/2 the cost of the deck, its just to expensive.

Edward
hahnsoo
QUOTE (Edward)
I tried to design a character that had a deck with several persona modals for different tasks but they account for about 1/3-1/2 the cost of the deck, its just to expensive.

Edward

Which is why you program your own. smile.gif
Snow_Fox
we had so much trouble with decking, in the end we made the deckers npc's, it kepes the game moving.
mintcar
Search for "the idiots guide to the matrix". It gives comprehecive examples of which at least some should be in the books (although Itīs grown so large you can hardly read it all). I would never have gotten a hang of it without it.

<<<edit>>> Here it is
Mr.Platinum
dude, read the matrix section carfully and then high lite the important parts about the rules, thats what i did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012