Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ooc:first Shadow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Bastard
I got that I cant act on them, but that is not my question, which has been avoided so far, so forget it. Ill just go from here.
Slacker
I'm not exactly sure what question you're referring to, maybe that you should have reacted before them?

If so, I have to appologize. It was my impatience to shoot the guards that started this. Your first initiative pass was before Wormwood, but since you couldn't do anything to the guards I posted my actions before you had the chance post anything.

Your first initiative pass would have happened after the guard opened the door, but before Wormwood shot him.

Since Frosty can't do anything on his first pass either, it should now be time for your second initiative pass.
Aku
nd it was partially my fault; i had assumed that you were planning to stand there waiting for them to come in to whack them with the magic stick, instead of acticely entering the hallway, i'm sorry if that had been your plans...
Aku
so top of the initiative count, i think thats you again bastard...
FrostyNSO
...that's right, you bastard. wink.gif
Bastard
I did go
Slacker
I thought that post was supposed to be your actions on the first initiative pass.

Now Aku is saying it's time for you actions on the second initiative pass.
Aku
Hello out there..... ya gonna make you're next move Bastard?
Bastard
No...there isnt anything I can do, so I will pass. You already said I cant see, Im not gonna jump out into the hallway if I cant see.
Slacker
You can see, you just have some modifiers from the bright light and the disorienting strobe effect.

And those effects should go away once you get past the flashpak. Or you could move to knock down the flashpak.

Or you could delay your actions, in case somebody else does something to the flashpak.

Guess it's my turn if you don't do anything. I'll give you a bit more time in case you change your mind, but i'll be posting my actions later today.
Slacker
Ok, I guess I waited long enough. Time for Wormwood's actions.

Wormwood is going to leap/vault/slide over the desk he was behind (whichever seems most appropriate).
Athletics Test:
[ Spoiler ]

As he steps out of the office, he glances both ways to see if either guard is in the hallway.
Perception Test:
[ Spoiler ]

He will then head straight for the flashpak and use a Simple Action to pick it up with his left hand and have it face away from him. Don't think that requires any particular roll, but if you think I would need something because of the disorienting strobe effect, just tell me.

If Wormwood was able to spot both guards, he will turn the flashpak towards the injured one and fire a shot at him.
If he only sees one guard, he will turn the flashpak towards that guard and fire.
If he sees neither guard he will turn towards the direction he saw the injured guard head and finish out his movement (6m) in that direction, with the flashpak point in that direction.
Pistols/Ares Viper Slivergun Test(if needed) (hell, i'll just go ahead and use all 6 of my combat pool on this shot, hopefully they don't get another action) :
[ Spoiler ]

If Wormwood is actually able to drop a guard with that shot, he will turn and finish out his movement in the other direction, heading for the remaining guard.
FrostyNSO
So, uh...is it my turn?
Slacker
Well, Aku needs to post what happened during my turn, and Boo actually was 1 point higher in initiative than you I believe.

But since all you would be able to do this initiative pass is move, i don't see why you shouldn't just say what movement you do. (remember: your initiative was only high enough to have actions on the first pass, during which you were unfortunately surprised)
FrostyNSO
Shit...Well then on my turn, I'm sticking close to Wormwood for now....as backup (if I get better initiative next time smile.gif)
Slacker
Come on Aku, it's been over a week and still no post. I know things have been going on with you, but you've had plenty of time to post something.

Don't forget when you started the recruitment thread you said:
I plan on being able to post multiple times a day, and i'd Appreciate atleast 2 a day if possible from my players

Sure we players haven't been posting that much either, but I wouldn't think 1 post per week would be too much to ask.
FrostyNSO
Aku's dead, man! Let's get the f- outta here!!!
Slacker
lol. I know he's alive, I talk to him on aim every couple of days. Its just he's got things going on, including a possible move in the somewhat near future.

But I still think one post a week isn't too much to ask.
Aku
SORRY guys! substantial info coming soon, yes, i'm still alive, just have had some, ahem, lady problems over the past few weeks... but i've cleared them up with a resounding epiphany.... THEY ALL HATE ME! More at 11...
Aku
as wormwood pointed out to me, you guys can now see past the flashak, as wormwood threw it towards the wounded guard...
Slacker
Actually Wormwood just picked it up and pointed the flashing part towards his opponent, the wounded guard. But that isn't all that important.

Now its time for the guards, Boo, and Mason to do movement only for this pass, since they didn't have high enough initiative to have actual actions. Then on to the thrid and final initiative pass, in which Hooter is the only one to have any actions other than movement. Right?
FrostyNSO
Mason is going to stick close to WW, and watch out in the opposite direction (so we don't get flanked)

perception
[ Spoiler ]
Bastard
i follow as well
Aku
Boo stays in the room, still somewhat dazed from ripping himself out of the wall.... the wounded guardis approxomiately 3 meters from the corner, while the unwounded one turn to the left, getting around the corner.

Slacker
Oh really, the wounded guy is still in view? Cool.

Time for new initiative rolls:

Initiative= 7 +2d6:
[ Spoiler ]

So, Wormwood's initiative = 14 this go round.
Bastard
Int 3+4d6
[ Spoiler ]

FrostyNSO
Initiative 4+1d6
[ Spoiler ]

Slacker
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Initiative 4+1d6
[ Spoiler ]

Ouch...even worse than last time, but at least you still have a chance at beating the one guard in initiative because of his wounds.

Too bad it won't matter because I don't see that guard living through either Bastards actions for Hooter, or my actions for Wormwood.
Aku
guards are 7 and 8.... boo is 5, ouch (but since he's still in the room, meh..)

so that leaves us at:

Hooter (17)
wormwood (14)
Guard (7)
Boo, Frosty, and almost dead guard, (5)
Bastard
do I have someone I can target?
How far away are they?
Slacker
Well, Aku's post about the guards' movement said there is at least one (the wounded one) still in the hallway, only 3m from getting to a corner. Unless he's really fast, i'd guess that guard is less than 10m away from us at this point.

I am not sure about the other guard, but i think Aku was saying he got around a corner, or maybe is at the corner now.
Bastard
I can finish off the one, so on your turn you can chase the other. Sound like a plan?
Aku
Yeam one guard is almost to the corner, about 3 meters from the corner, and...about 9ish from you, the other JUST barely slipped around the corner.
FrostyNSO
Hey Aku, Ican't find my sheet. My reaction is a 4 right? I guessed last night.
Slacker
Sounds like a good plan to me Bastard. It's what I was going to suggest.
Aku
correct, reaction 4
FrostyNSO
damn!
Aku
so Hooter's up...
Bastard
mana bolt 6

sorcery 6 + 3 spell pool
[ Spoiler ]

drain resist, willpower 6 +3 spell pool
[ Spoiler ]

Slacker
QUOTE (Bastard)
mana bolt 6

You forgot to mention what damage level you're casting it at.
Aku
QUOTE (Slacker)
QUOTE (Bastard @ Aug 5 2005, 11:35 AM)
mana bolt 6

You forgot to mention what damage level you're casting it at.

GM fiat! I get to decide, i get to decide!!!

DEADLY Damage level! muhahahahahahaha!

j/k, i would hope you wouldnt be dumb enough to cast a deadly spell at someone that was already almost there...
FrostyNSO
Well, if he's still up somehow, I'm going to spray 12 rounds with Wormwood's SMG into the three metre area around him (4 rnds/metre). If there is another guard visable...then he will get the spray(No sense in risking drain the way I've been rolling...hope you understand)

Default to Pistols (3)
[ Spoiler ]

I'll add some fluff in the IC section if that ends up being what I do. Just knocking out the rolls.
Slacker
HAhahahahah....talk about some overkill, but then again, that's what you gotta do when you don't have much skill.
Slacker
When it's [b]Wormwood[b]'s turn, he will dash down the hall to the corner the other guard went around.

In this initiative pass he can run 9m. Hopefully that gets him to where he can at least see around the corner.

If he makes it to where he can see around the corner:
Perception Test (to see the guard):
[ Spoiler ]

If he does see the guard, he will fire two shots at the guy:

PistolsPistols/Ares Viper Slivergun + 3 combat pull(First shot should be TN around 8-- Base TN 4 - 2 for Smartlink - + 4 for me running + 2 for target running)
[ Spoiler ]

Pistols/Ares Viper Slivergun and i'll use up my remaining 3 combat pool(Second burst should be TN 9--same as first shot, but with +1 for the uncompensated shot)
[ Spoiler ]

That should be one shot with 3 successes, and one shot with only 1 success. Base damage on the pistol is 9S (f). Guess i didn't take him down this pass.

-------

If Wormwood would not make it to the corner with his 9m of running this turn, he would instead use a Complex Action (Running) vs TN of 4 to increase his effective by 1 per success.
Athletics Test
[ Spoiler ]

That would make his movement for this initiative pass 13.5m.
Bastard
serious is good enough
Slacker
QUOTE (Bastard)
serious is good enough

That is more than enough. If I am not mistaken, manabolting him at light damage would have finished him off, especially since you either missed him or got enough successes to stage the Damage Level up to Medium.
Slacker
QUOTE (FrostyNSO)
Well, if he's still up somehow, I'm going to spray 12 rounds with Wormwood's SMG into the three metre area around him (4 rnds/metre). If there is another guard visable...then he will get the spray(No sense in risking drain the way I've been rolling...hope you understand)

Default to Pistols (3)
[ Spoiler ]

I'll add some fluff in the IC section if that ends up being what I do. Just knocking out the rolls.

Hey Frosty, before Aku gets around to typing up what happens because of your actions, I'd thought I'd ask this.
Are you trying to use the suppressive fire rules or the searching fire rules, both of which are in the Cannon Companion?
Suppressive fire is used to force enemies to keep their head down. It forces anybody in its area to succeed a dodge test vs TN 4 and threshold equal to the number of bullets in a given 1m square. i.e. with the way you are firing the guard would need 4 successes or be hit.
Searching fire is spraying the target with a mass of bullets. Every three bullets fired gives you an additional die on the Attack roll.
FrostyNSO
I was doing suppressive.
Slacker
Thought so, just wanted to verify because Aku is trying to come up with something to post right now.
Aku
Frosty, you're turn, since the guard you were going to spray is dead, you might wanna do something else though...
FrostyNSO
What about the guy that just shot at wormwood?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012