Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outlandish Spells
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Akai Sokata
recently I have been makeing more and more magical NPC's. well I figured they need their own spells to make them more unique. one of these spells belongs to trent ventrue a magic assassin in the ravens claw intate grope.
so check it out.

Flock of ravens type P Duration S drain F(+3)M
this spell allows the caster to burst into a cloud(body*2) ravens for a number of hours equal to the force. if ravens equal to the half the casters body die then the caster loses one point of body. if the body drops to zero or if all the ravens are killed then caster dies.

any one else got anything like that post it.
Tarantula
Well, it sounds like a souped up shapechange spell to me. Which would make me think at base its drain should be considerably worse than shapechange.
mfb
interesting spell, but it needs to spell out its ramifications. for instance, are the ravens completely independant--does the player get to control each of them as seperate entities? the first thing i'd use this spell for is spying on several people/places at once; is that possible, or do the ravens have to stay near one another? also, ravens are able to mimic human speech; can the player use these ravens to talk? if the ravens can be controlled individually, are there any penalties for doing several things at once with different ravens? can the mage cast spells in multiple-raven form? can each raven cast spells? how is drain handled? if a spirit uses a power on one raven, does it affect the others? if any ravens are killed, is the caster damaged when he reforms?
GrinderTheTroll
With the MMOG becoming more prevailent, there has been some interest in spells that do "Damage Over Time" or DOTs as they are referred more commonly.

In essence, they would be a sustained Combat or Manipulation spell that continues to damage the Target for each turn/phase the spell is sustained. We never did more than talk about them and realize they really had no place in the SR system.
Herald of Verjigorm
Correct, the equivalent in SR (as stated in Target: Awakened Lands) is an instant combat spell that does its damage, but the damage only takes effect at one box per day until the full damage is done. Since this damage cannot be healed naturally until the spell has done all its work, this can be rather debilitating.
Dawnshadow
Shadowfire: area combat spell, sustained mana

Target: Will, Drain f(DL+2), resisted by will.

Big explosion of black fire over the area, anyone caught in it has to resist (will, TN Force), those who don't are ignited and take damage, staged up as normal. Next round, resist again, make enough successes, flames vanish from them. Leave the area, no longer under the affects of the spell.
Mortax
Turn to Goo anyone? smile.gif

Seriously though, unless they nerfed it, Disreguard from awakinings is a bit broken.
Cray74
These aren't outlandish except that they're not combat spells, rather being utility spells.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=4196
Kanada Ten
Some older ones
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012