Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flying Cars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DocMortand
In that PDF flyer it shows flying cars EVERYWHERE. Not all of those were helicopters, and the one in the foreground looked like one of those Moller flying cars.

So are we going to be seeing flying cars in SR4? Or is it just artistic license?
Nikoli
Actually, if you mean the car, like they used on the New Seattle book, take a gander at www.moller.com.
The_Sarge
Ahem...

Check "New Seattle". wink.gif
DocMortand
Yes that's all well and good but they don't have the STATS for said car anywhere. And I've seen the Moller website - that's why I was referring to Moller cars. *poke*
Crimsondude 2.0
Which is fine if they actually provide stats.

It's insane (not to offend any insane people here) that they've described air taxis and, well, VTOLs that may as well be flying cars since 1e, but they've never given stats for them.

Which means, I don't expect them to anytime soon just because 4e is coming out.
Nikoli
Sorry, missed that reference.
Yeah, I've been bitching about the missing stats for a while too.
DocMortand
Hey, I looked at the cover of New Seattle and didn't notice the Moller car upon first glance (because I didn't know about Moller cars)...just looked like a futuristic VTOL thing.

So don't feel too bad about missing details.
mattness pl
I wish there were Blade Runner style vehicles in SR... But it should evolve. There's no sense in Sixth World VTOL revolution - maybe one, cheap personal model for start, then others... (in Rigger 4, for example? )
Jrayjoker
If you guys want a new mode of transportatin that will revolutinize the world, maybe you can get FanPro to include stats for the Segway.

http://www.segway.com/

rotfl.gif
Nikoli
If the Segway makes it into SR4, I know the 5 point compulsion most of my characters will take.

Must shoot driver.....
Sandoval Smith
I like the idea of a Segway go-gang, ominously crusing the streets in their upright scooters...
Aes
A troll-modified turbocharged segway could make for some nasty collisions indeed
Smed
They can tangle with the maurading Mop-eds. Slow Speed mayhem ensuing!
nezumi
Hm... I feel like I just posted about this.

No flying cars!!

Anyway, I think most people take the artists with a huge grain of salt. After all, isn't it the companion where the lady has what is apparently a magical arrow? And trolls are never the right size, people always plug their datajacks into their weapons and cyberlimbs are the norm (as are mullets).

MYST1C
QUOTE (Aes)
A troll-modified turbocharged segway could make for some nasty collisions indeed

In that case I would request traffic police be upgraded to Judge Dredd level to deal those circumstances!
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (DocMortand @ Mar 15 2005, 12:59 PM)
In that PDF flyer it shows flying cars EVERYWHERE.  Not all of those were helicopters, and the one in the foreground looked like one of those Moller flying cars.

The vehicle in the foreground is a Lone Star (I think) VTOL with tilt-wings and an enclosed Dauphin-like rotor, and it's nothing like the vehicle on the NS cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012