Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: System Failure
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crimsondude 2.0
From the FanPro 2005 Catalog

System Failure

"The year is 2065, and all is not well. Apocalyptic terrorists strike around the world, a struggling megacorp makes a drastic decision to stem off impending doom, and an AI thought to be dead rises again." Blah blah blah.

mfb and I were expecting Winternight to act sooner or later, as it became clear it would involve killing the current Matrix and possibly everyone becoming Wireless Otaku.

2 out of 3 ain't bad.

This is so badass I can't sit still
Wireknight
It'll make for some good gaming, that's for certain.
Crimsondude 2.0
No doubt.

No doubt.
Arethusa
Really seems like the only shot they had at fixing the problems with the old Matrix inherited from the hard 80s SR legacy.
Crimsondude 2.0
Pretty much.

OBTW, my prediction right now: "a struggling megacorp makes a drastic decision to stem off impending doom" = Novatech merging with Transys.
mfb
oooh. good one.
mintcar
Curse my being so late coming in my game! I donīt have a chance to keep up with the SOTA when it comes to Shadowrun releases. *buhuhuu! I want to play in the present of the Shadowrun world. Not way back in 2061.*

Heck. I have had so many adventures from second edition laying around, I havenīt even played a single adventure written for third edition yet. I'm just now aproaching Wake of the Comet. I am doomed to always have to convert everything in every adventures to the current system! AARGH
arkadi
QUOTE (mintcar)
Curse my being so late coming in my game! ... I'm just now aproaching Wake of the Comet... AARGH

I feel you. I have the exact same problem. Somehow I feel left out of the loop with this whole System Failure thing...
Charon
Man, you think that's bad, my last campaign just wrapped up the 2057 election and subsequent assasination!

The upcoming campaign will start in early 59 so as to catch the last tremors of the mob war and blood in the boardroom adventures (even if I have to tweak some date).

So I still haven't even touched the Deus mess. And now this! I think I'll move this right after the comet race. Nothing very exciting happened in 63-64, right?
Smed
I'm not sure what the data is in the game I'm playing. smile.gif

We use the setting, but make no attempt to keep with any normal timeline.

I'm looking forward to seeing System Failure though. It sounds interesting.
Sharaloth
My game's already in 2065, though we are running a game where NY got nuked in early 2060, so the metaplot's been altered somewhat. I'm just going to have to find a way to incorporate System Failure into the background of the game.
Garland
QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Pretty much.

OBTW, my prediction right now: "a struggling megacorp makes a drastic decision to stem off impending doom" = Novatech merging with Transys.

I was kinda thinking something to do with Novatech as well.
mintcar
I can get my players together not very often. I spend more time reading, planning and chatting about shadowrun than is healthy, but I donīt play the game that much. I suppose the only way to go is to focus on quality in my situation. Sense I have good as all the books, but donīt have time to utilize it all, I have to choose carefully. I played through the election a few years back. Sence then Iīve been GM'ing a wide variety of old adventures from the 1:st and 2:nd editions that Iīve had laying around, as I said. What are the best 3:rd edition adventures to play, leading up to System Failure? I was going to try and pick up Harlequin and give it a make-over. But thereīs so much cool stuff going on that itīs going to have to wait, I think.

What about: Renraku Arcology. Random comet chaos. Some probe race. Survival of the Fittest. System Failure.

That will take about two or three years.

If I want to speed things up, which of the above should I drop?
Cynic project
What is it is not Dues? What if it is the crash Virus? After all it destoryed what came before the matrix...And it has had 30 odd years to grow,and learn...
Kagetenshi
My take on that: Aztechnology has a replacement for the Blood Mage Gestalt.

Horror cooperation through ghost-hacking.

~J
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Cynic project @ Mar 15 2005, 03:51 PM)
What is it is not Dues? What if it is the crash Virus? After all it destoryed what came before the matrix...And it has had 30 odd years to grow,and learn...

Did you not read my post?

AFAIK, and as far as we predicted, Winternight did cause a virus/physical attack on major servers and trunks across the globe.
hobgoblin
hmm, cp2020 mutateing into d&d with attitude and now this. man i missed the news big time!

still, im looking forward to see where this leads.

i dont think ill do the investment in sr4 core books as i did in sr3. i guess ill focus on magic and matrix this time round...

heh, augmented reality. sounds a bit like what i was dreaming up for a homegrown system to keep the game flowing. i will atleast pick up the main book, thats for sure nyahnyah.gif

and about the corp with troubles, im thinking SK, aztelan or most likely renraku as that deus and archology episode sounded like it hit them hard (but then i havent been paying much attention lately to the main storyline).

however this turns out ill not abandon sr thats for sure. why? the storyline wink.gif its one long line all the way back to sr1. no restarts like wod or d&d. the rules have mutated but it have stayed mostly the same. or atleast the core dice system have nyahnyah.gif not every game going into its forth version can claim the same wink.gif

edit:
gah, i may have spoken to soon. there was some lines on the front page of shadowrunrpg that i missed. something about new core mechanics for more streamlined games. i hope it not as bad is it looks, as some of the flavor of any rpg comes from its rules system...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012