Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hardcover?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Toa
Please tell me the corebook is hardcover again... please? Oh, and threadbound please. Don't make the same mistake as GURPS 4th Edition. wink.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Toa @ Mar 15 2005, 05:15 PM)
Please tell me the corebook is hardcover again... please?

From Neutron Basher's second post in the Sticky Thread at the top of this section:
This hardcover rulebook contains all the rules gamemasters and players need to create characters and ongoing adventures set in the popular Shadowrun universe.
Arethusa
I'm sure hoping they start binding all their books like professionals and actually bothering to professionally lay out their books and use decent art designs. Wizards of the Coast solidly beat the ever loving shit out of FanPRO/Wizkids with D20/DnD.
Aristotle
I would like to see color artwork throughout as well.
GrinderTheTroll
Someone was selling an SR3 core book on e-bay that was spiral bound which I think would be the coolest damn thing they could ever do to SR books. Hardcover, bah.
Adarael
Only if it was ShadowFashan 4th Edition!
Arethusa
I've seen the spiral bound books. Useful, perhaps, but not durable, and ugly as hell.
Kagetenshi
Will we by any chance get artwork of Trolls that actually look like Trolls?

~J
MYST1C
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Will we by any chance get artwork of Trolls that actually look like Trolls?

You mean they should not be drawn as orks one head taller and with horns added?
biggrin.gif

The race overview of SR2 had these wonderful pictures of a troll showing not only his size (half again as tall as a human and bending his knees so his head didn't hit the ceiling) but also the gorilla-like limb proportions (short legs and extended arms compared to a human/elf/ork).
Toa
If that picture that is floating around in that PDF is actually the 4th Edition cover and can be considered canon... maybe we ought to expect troll shrinkage in the new edition? wink.gif

Oh, and yes, I missed a word in the press release. -_-; But the threadbound point still stands. And another good question arised: will it be full color printing?
shadow_scholar
Youch, hardcover. How much is that going to cost, though? The old 3rd Ed was $30 for a softcover with the typical FASA 'far too easy to remove' pages and very few color plates. Then I paid the same amount for my D&D Player's Handbook over 5 years later with full color throughout the book and good quality binding that hasn't given up even one page in the year that I've had the book. Yeah, WOTC has more money to throw at it, but damn, I'd be willing to shell out $40 for a well bound book that won't fall apart in months. Or at least let me download a .pdf version that I can just throw in a binder. No, she won't be as pretty, but by god I'll be able to set up divider tabs so that I can quickly reference various sections.
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Adarael)
Only if it was ShadowFashan 4th Edition!

You sir, are a sadist!
MYST1C
QUOTE (shadow_scholar)
Youch, hardcover.  How much is that going to cost, though?

Here in Germany the SR rulebooks have always been hardcover.
Once their price was DM 65, now it's EUR 35 (= $46.58 @ current exchange rates) which is pretty much standard for a hardcover RPG core book here.
The_Sarge
Which is bullshit, to be honest.
This always ticked me off. :-/

German Hardcovers are always more expensive than their american pendants.

Just compare prices for the old and new WoD.

Everytime I was at Spiel, I could either get an American hardcover for 25Eur, or the German hardcover for 35Eur. Same pagecount. ... Guess which one I've always chosen. wink.gif

I don't know Fanpro's price policy in the US, but if they follow White Wolf, it shouldn't be more than 25$US to 30$US.
Paul
Just shakes his fist!
Jrayjoker
I'm all for quality hardcove bindery and the associated costs, as long as it is quality. I would hate to pay $40 for the book and have the pages drop out in a few weeks of reular use.

Which I guess adds little to nothing to the thread that hasn't been said already, but now you know my stance. Aren't you all so happy now?
Zolhex
Well second edition hardcovers were sold for 30 all those years ago.

So I see nothing less than 40 for 4th just because 3rd softcovers are selling for 30 now so I do think a cost increase is gonna happen.

But then again while I have very limited resourses in which to buy new books with I would still pay more for a quality bound hardcover of my favorite game.

Heck hardcovers of all the books this time around would be cool I think it makes the D&D line look good that there books are all hardcover.

(no I really don't play D&D much so if they do have some softcovers I have not seen them)

So in closeing make the whole line hardcover with quality binding and I'll find a way to buy them or get on the SRM gm track and earn them for running games at conventions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012