Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Playtesters...?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adarael
My basic question is this...

To whom do we mail our legs, kidneys, balls, or other bodily parts to playtest this new edition before it comes out, so as to address the invitable rules oversights or oddities before they go to print?
Pthgar
Oh YEAH! Man, I got a group that plays every week. A good mix of newbies and vets and even a lady (my wife). What else do yo want? I will break my neck to do it!
Kagetenshi
To me. No need for the balls, just three working hearts, five working lungs, three working livers and eight undamaged spinal columns and I can get you into the playtesting group, honest.

Trust me.

~J
Paul
I'd be willing to play test.
toturi
Proofreading volunteer. Let's not have as many slip ups in the rules in this new edition.
Fortune
I sure as hell wouldn't mind volunteering my time. After all, I have nothing better to do, other than spend all day surfing these forums. biggrin.gif
Demosthenes
I also would like to volunteer for this onerous, indeed hazardous duty.

As it is, I can guarantee 3,1/2 working pairs of lungs (1/2 because one has asthma), 4 rather damaged kidneys and 2 dodgy livers (hey, they're Irish), and at least 4 hearts.

No, none of them are mine...
cyber.gif
mintcar
I want to do it too! Any organs but the liver should be unharmed, and my lungs are clean as a baby´s. embarrassed.gif

Seriously, do you think there´s a chance for any of us to actually get to do it?
Critias
I think it's safe to assume everyone on here is very probably willing to playtest.
mintcar
They should send out a copy to everyone then. We would still pay for the finished book, right? *mintcar´s wishfull thinking disregards logic*
Eyeless Blond
Well I'd pay for a pdf version. I have some issues with physical space here right now (glances at mountain of books still looking for a proper shelf). It would be an interesting idea to let the fan community have a chance to error-check the book; you'd get the advantage of literally thousands of eyes catching every dot on every i and cross on every t, but we all know it ain't happening. Guess a guy can dream though, eh? smile.gif
Fortune
Pdfs are what I really want. My lifestyle at the moment (and for the foreseeable future) just doesn't support the purchase and storage of more books. I am having enough trouble with the ones I have now.
Smed
I'd love to playtest or proofread the thing, just to be able to come over here and make cryptic comments that show I know something that most of the rest of the people here don't. biggrin.gif

Sandoval Smith
This is why Tanamous has made serious investments in RPG devleopment. It's like bio-gold.
Grinder
I guess the playtesting for SR4 up and running, so it's too late for all of us who aren't part of it - and i would love to be playtester. ohplease.gif

Wonder who of the dumpshockers is actually a writer for it.
Demosthenes
Ssssh.

We knew that.

Honest.

Well, OK, it occurred to me about a tenth of a second after I clicked the 'add reply' button...
Tai-Pan
QUOTE (Adarael)

To whom do we mail our legs, kidneys, balls, or other bodily parts to playtest this new edition before it comes out, so as to address the invitable rules oversights or oddities before they go to print?

FanPro Run by Ghouls? Interesting Concept.
Grinder
QUOTE (Demosthenes)
Ssssh.

We knew that.

Honest.

Well, OK, it occurred to me about a tenth of a second after I clicked the 'add reply' button...

biggrin.gif
Jrayjoker
I read in another thread that they have all the testers they need.

A little wet work may clear that problem up though...
cyber.gif dead.gif cyber.gif
Smed
I want to be the first to go on record to offer my services as a playtester when 5th edition comes out. My calender is clear in 2012.

Kagetenshi
Fortune and I will miss you at the Great Ghost Dance cook-out.

~J
Smed
We can all playtest while we eat steaks and wait for the dance to begin!
Solstice
I've got a reliable group running two times a week now. One of my players previously did some design and playtest for Ars Magica. Drop me a email/pm Kag.
Kagetenshi
I'm not sure if that last comment was directed at it, but just to be clear, I was being facetious. I am not a playtester, nor do I have any official relationship with Fantasy Productions LLC, WizKids Games, the deceased Freedonian Air and Space Administration, Techno Jesus, or any other organization involved with the creation or playtesting of Shadowrun. I would, however, jump at the chance to be a part of it just like everyone else here.

~J
Nikoli
Is that what FASA stood for?
Paul
Yes.
Nikoli
Wow, that's a huge disappointment to me. not sure why.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Wow, that's a huge disappointment to me. not sure why.

You were expecting maybe the Fredonian Inquisition?
Nikoli
Well, i never expected a Fredonian Inquisition.
Paul
Nobody expects the Fredonian Inquisition!
Nikoli
I knew it was coming, I saw it comming and you didn't disappoint.
Smed
Yes, its from an Old Marx Brother's movie, I think.
Nikoli
Close, but not really.

Monty Python's Flying Circus
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Smed @ Mar 16 2005, 05:17 PM)
Yes, its from an Old Marx Brother's movie, I think.

Duck Soup

QUOTE (nikoli)
Close, but not really.

Freedonia, not the Inquistion.
Paul
QUOTE (Nikoli)
I knew it was coming, I saw it comming and you didn't disappoint.

I aim to please.
Nikoli
Ahh, I thought Freedonia was some pre-FASA game reference
Fortune
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Mar 17 2005, 04:39 AM)
Fortune and I will miss you at the Great Ghost Dance cook-out.

LMFAO! rotfl.gif

Son of a slitch! You definitely crack me up sometimes. wink.gif grinbig.gif
Paul
Yeah wait till he starts rambling about the Rajun' Cajun Vodoo Posse Tail Gating thing they do. Or the Street Sam Sock Hop.
Smed
QUOTE (Nikoli)
Close, but not really.

I meant the origin of FASA's name, not the Inquisition.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Bigity
Hail, hail Fredonia!

Our chief weapon...amongst our weaponry...our weaponry contains such diverse elements as....I'll come in again.
Hitomi
Chapman: Trouble at mill.
Cleveland: Oh no - what kind of trouble?
Chapman: One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle.
Cleveland: Pardon?
Cleveland: I don't understand what you're saying.
Chapman: [slightly irritatedly and with exaggeratedly clear accent] One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle.
Cleveland: Well what on earth does that mean?
Chapman: *I* don't know - Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

[JARRING CHORD]

[The door flies open and Cardinal Ximinez of Spain [Palin] enters, flanked by two junior cardinals. Cardinal Biggles [Jones] has goggles pushed over his forehead. Cardinal Fang [Gilliam] is just Cardinal Fang]

Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

[The Inquisition exits]

Chapman: I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

[JARRING CHORD]

[The cardinals burst in]

Ximinez: NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!
[To Cardinal Biggles] I can't say it - you'll have to say it.
Biggles: What?
Ximinez: You'll have to say the bit about 'Our chief weapons are ...'
Biggles: [rather horrified]: I couldn't do that...

[Ximinez bundles the cardinals outside again]

Chapman: I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

[JARRING CHORD]

[The cardinals enter]

Biggles: Er.... Nobody...um....
Ximinez: Expects...
Biggles: Expects... Nobody expects the...um...the Spanish...um...
Ximinez: Inquisition.
Biggles: I know, I know! Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. In fact, those who do expect -
Ximinez: Our chief weapons are...
Biggles: Our chief weapons are...um...er...
Ximinez: Surprise...
Biggles: Surprise and --
Ximinez: Okay, stop. Stop. Stop there - stop there. Stop. Phew! Ah! ... our chief weapons are surprise...blah blah blah. Cardinal, read the charges.
Fang: You are hereby charged that you did on diverse dates commit heresy against the Holy Church. 'My old man said follow the--'
Biggles: That's enough.
[To Cleveland] Now, how do you plead?
Clevelnd: We're innocent.
Ximinez: Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

[DIABOLICAL LAUGHTER]

Biggles: We'll soon change your mind about that!

[DIABOLICAL ACTING]

Ximinez: Fear, surprise, and a most ruthless-- [controls himself with a supreme effort] Ooooh! Now, Cardinal -- the rack!

[Biggles produces a plastic-coated dish-drying rack. Ximinez looks at it and clenches his teeth in an effort not to lose control. He hums heavily to cover his anger]

Ximinez: You....Right! Tie her down.

[Fang and Biggles make a pathetic attempt to tie her on to the drying rack]

Ximinez:Right! How do you plead?
Clevelnd: Innocent.
Ximinez: Ha! Right! Cardinal, give the rack [oh dear] give the rack a turn.

[Biggles stands their awkwardly and shrugs his shoulders]

Biggles: I....
Ximinez: [gritting his teeth] I *know*, I know you can't. I didn't want to say anything. I just wanted to try and ignore your crass mistake.
Biggles: I...
Ximinez: It makes it all seem so stupid.
Biggles: Shall I...?
Ximinez: No, just pretend for God's sake. Ha! Ha! Ha!

[Biggles turns an imaginary handle on the side of the dish-rack]
Dark Scrier
I tell you what Fortune. I'll make you a deal. You can keep your books at my place if you like. I'll keep them nice and safe.
Crimsondude 2.0
QUOTE (Hitomi)
Chapman: Trouble at mill.
Cleveland: Oh no - what kind of trouble?
Cleveland: Pardon?
Cleveland: I don't understand what you're saying.
Chapman: [slightly irritatedly and with exaggeratedly clear accent] One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle.
Cleveland: Well what on earth does that mean?
Chapman: *I* don't know - Mr Wentworth just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at the mill, that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

Dude. Seriously. You need to get out more.
Fortune
QUOTE (Dark Scrier)
I tell you what Fortune. I'll make you a deal. You can keep your books at my place if you like. I'll keep them nice and safe.

I wish you'd have made that offer (even if it is tongue-in-cheek) 5 or 6 years ago. I have gone through so many different copies of the same damn books because of logistics it is not even remotely funny any more. frown.gif
Dark Scrier
Of course, I'll even need to keep them safe from you, so you know, whatever measures I'll need to take.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Adarael)

They directly answed this in the new SR4 FAQ:

Q. What organs must I donate to become a playtester?
A. We’re chock full on extra organs right now, but thanks for the offer (I hear Tamanous is buying, though). We also have all of the playtesters we really need at this time. Sorry!

mintcar
heh. Guess that´s pretty definitive. smile.gif Sort of answers the question about if the developers ever visit the forum too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012