Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting characters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Doc Byte
After on night of sleep, SR 4 sounds like dream becoming real. But what will happen to our old, beloved characters? It was easy to convert a character from 1st Ed. to 2nd. From 2nd to 3rd was a bit harder due to some changed skills and the new knowledge skills. But it looks like we’re facing a huge change now. Sounding like “create your character anew, spend your karma again and perhaps he’ll be a little bit like the old one was”. Thus far there’s no problem one couldn’t possibly mange. But what about the time jump? Five years can be a long time for a shadowrunner. What did he do during this time? Obviously not much for he gained no karma. But how did he pay his lifestyle in these years when he wasn’t working?
Will we be able to take our characters with us to the year 2070?
hermit
Yes, I'd love to hear something on that too, since it's my biggest worry about those streamlined rules. Especially with Rigers and Deckers, that'd be something really in need of answering.

And I do hope we'll get a MASSIVE module covering these 4 years. Maybe a triology of modules. Would pay for FanPro (gamery buying the module) and fans alike, as we'd have a smoother transistion from SR3's to SR4's world
apple
Don´t play your character stricly in the timeline?

My mage, for example, jumps between 2057 and 2065 ... I play in several groups (because of my work) but not regulary. In SR4 I will jump between 2050 and 2075 with the same character (who will be still the same age) wink.gif

SYL
hermit
QUOTE (apple)

My mage, for example, jumps between 2057 and 2065 ... I play in several groups (because of my work) but not regulary. In SR4 I will jump between 2050 and 2075 with the same character (who will be still the same age) wink.gif

SYL

That worked with SR2/3, since the world wasn't completely redone there ... but with SC/CE and the new technogame approach to the "hacker" type character, there'll be massive inconsistencies then, if you time warp between 2050 and 2070. I'm not even considering equipment and other stuff. Like a 2070s nanotech medkit in 2050.
apple
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 16 2005, 07:15 AM)
but with SC/CE and the new technogame approach to the "hacker" type character, there'll be massive inconsistencies then,

Oh, you know something we don´t know? wink.gif

=> First, we should wait for the SR4 basic book before saying "it is possible vs. it is not possible".

Even with a large technological gap, I think, it will be possible. The gab between 2057 and 2064 is also very large. I am playing a Chaos-Firemage, something introduced in MitS ... and yet one group is playing 2058 (with SR3 rules, but pre-SR3-timeline)

SYL
Doc Byte
QUOTE (apple)

Well, actually not. We do play some old runs like “Mercurial” or “Paradise Lost” but by some wicked kind of magic they’re all taking place in the 2060s, for my character was definitely born in 2042. - Okay, not a perfect argument, I know.
I’m not concerned about using old Runs, but the whole jump to 2070 itself. And this still leaves the problem that the character was not played during the critical time. He still might have done something, but how do you want to reflect this in his bio?

( By the way, wouldn’t it be easier for both of us to talk this over at FanPro’s forum? wink.gif )
apple
You didnt ask the question there ... wink.gif

Well, what did the character (of course only if you want to define it)? Perhaps just the same thing as everyone else: hiding, crying and trying to survive?

Its the same with the Renracu arcology, Super Tuesday, Bug City, Denver etc ... you can play strictly in one timeline or you can just adapt the character each time. In my case, I didn´t define a birthday but a "run-age" somewhere in the middles-twentys, so whenever he is playing Harlequin-1 or System Failure, he will be something between 21 and 29 ...

SYL
hermit
Oh, you know something we don´t know?

Well, I can, for example, read.
As in "An all-new augmented reality overlays the real world, unleashing hackers to be (...) mobile digital wizards". Now, the decker type character isn't either mobile or wizard. Does that sound like a gradual change for the hacker character? Well, it doesn't for me, that's for sure.

By the way, wouldn’t it be easier for both of us to talk this over at FanPro’s forum?

Possibly, but that'd leave all the American and generally non-German folks out, wouldn't it?
Doc Byte
QUOTE (apple)
You didnt ask the question there ... wink.gif

It seems to me as if SR4 hasn't yet really hit the folks over there.

QUOTE (hermit)
Possibly, but that'd leave all the American and generally non-German folks out, wouldn't it?

Yes, indeed. This was a half serious comment. It's just a little bit strange to start a topic in this board and end up talking to the same people I'm discussing with at FanPro.
Toa
Oh my gosh, this'll be the first time I'll have to convert characters to a new edition... I'm so excited! wobble.gif

On one hand I somehow hope they don't go too far overboard with changing the system, in order to keep old characters convertible, on the other hand a thorough streamlining ought to do good. I think my opinion comes down to "ignore compatibility, revamping the system has priority". Players will still be able to somehow reconstruct their favorite characters. It's a game, not a stock exchange - we don't have to be that exact.
Grinder
Yeah, i really want to know how they explain the 5-year-gap and come over with logical conversion rules.
Skarn Ka
QUOTE (Grinder)
Yeah, i really want to know how they explain the 5-year-gap and come over with logical conversion rules.

I fail to see the point, really.

Continue playing your campaign after System Failure.
I mean, you have tons of material in a score of sourcebooks to feed your run ideas.

Go with the flow, play the SysFail, then whatever you want afterwards.

When 2069 comes around, you can think about tweaking the rules and adapt your character to the new situation.

Why jump these 5 years ?!
mintcar
I hope they ignore compatibility. I haven´t been able to think about anything else than this new edition sence last night. They better make it good, now that they´ve managed to drive up my expectations with opening such great possabilities. I mean, they can now make it so your either techno inhanced, magic inhanced, both or neither. All the wierd special cases could be gone, you´d just decide which "realm" (techno, real and magic) you would like to have access to, and then decide what you would like to be good at (fighting, sneaking, driving, hacking...). Simple and oh so sweet!

My campain will continue with renewed strength and ride out the storm with this system crash thing. I will make sure it really takes the wind out of the players. When it´s done they will make new characters, with the option to make them 5 years older versions of their old characters, with a karma bonus to reflect the experience. All new characters would also get the bonus.
ThreeGee
  Oh my gosh, this'll be the first time I'll have to convert characters to a new edition... I'm so excited!

If your character is convertible... We may lose Deckers and Riggers completely

I suspect that the gap is to allow GM's to play out unconvertible characters.
mintcar
ThreeGee: Make them burnouts with a lot of useless ware and gadgets. Make it so they have picked up the slack in the 5-year gap. Take them in a new direction. Play them with a lot of cynicism.
Smed
I suspect the gap is to allow for the massive upheval in technology that will allow them to make vast changes to how things work and the rules, while still keeping the same game world.
ThreeGee
As my current campaign has just reached 2061 and my players are about to be involuntarily involved in the probe race it doesn't bother too much, I've got lots of time to play with.
Sandoval Smith
Five years is a long time for runners to keep living, so I don't think direct conversion rules will be a big feature, but there will be guidelines for bringing beloved characters into the current system). Deckers are defintely not going to be able to make a straight conversion, but I don't think the setup of SR 4 is going to leave them completely out in the cold. There is going to be some interesting backstory as to how they change over during the 'Time of Troubles' to be current with 'modern' decking technology.
apple
QUOTE (hermit)
Well, I can, for example, read.
As in "An all-new augmented reality overlays the real world, unleashing hackers to be (...) mobile digital wizards". Now, the decker type character isn't either mobile or wizard. Does that sound like a gradual change for the hacker character? Well, it doesn't for me, that's for sure.

Wireless Hacking was already possible (and for me standard) in SR3/Matrix3. Wireless Matrix was describes normal in the SSG ...

SYL
hermit
Apple, we seem o read different things into this ... to me, it looks like they plan to overlay Matrix and physical world. Now, if this will be different from what we now know as Matrix, or whether it will BE the new Matrix isn't known, but in the lattter ccase, it won't be anything like the Matrix
Critias
Here's hoping we at least get a page or two with some suggested/optional conversaion and/or timeline manipulation rules. I guess we could work something out based on the "one job a month" principle combined with the "average pay" chart from whatever book that was in (though it's universaly considered to pay less than is reasonable)... But I, for one, would like to be able to still feel like my character's been doing something for the five years or so of fill-in-the-blank time that we're gonna get.

But, ah well. We'll shake our fists at that bridge when we get to it.
imperialus
well the two longest running characters turned qasi NPC's that my on and off campaign has had will be approching 47 years old for the troll and a antiquated 64 for the human Desert Wars vet eek.gif. I expect that the two of them will probably fade into retirement giving up the work they began doing as fixers traveling to some small caribbian island nation with no extrateritoriality agreements (possibly because they bought it) and sipping margaritas and trying to figure out if it is possible to tan a full conversion cybernetic body. Between the two of them they've ammased over 15 million nuyen.gif over the course of their carriers at least 10 mill of that was working as fixers for up and coming runners.
Lindt
Im more concerned about the raw math of it all. I was there for the AD&D to 3.0 conversion, and that was ugly enough. From the sounds of it, this could be just as nasty. But, hey, with all the new toys, come new and wonderous ways to abuse the ever loving hell outta them.
Jrayjoker
There has been nothing mentioned about changing the character creation rules, or even the gear rules. Converting a character may have more to do with reordering/recompiling skills and making sure your Karma spent is correct.

I don't think you need to fear the gruelling maths until we have more concrete information.
Crimsondude 2.0
Since when did geeks fear math, anyway?
apple
to me, it looks like they plan to overlay Matrix and physical world.

To me too ...

it won't be anything like the Matrix

Not? The Matrix as described as an integral part of daily life (Matrix 3, Sprawl Survival Guide), looked like a little bit like it.

Of course, there is the matrix, where only decker with million-¥-cyberdecks can plug into from a physical jackpoint ... wink.gif

SYL
ThatPaolo
Well, as of SR3 the Matrix is an integral part of the *inner working* of the world. Cyberdecks are still outnumbered by plain old terminals.

If you read the press release, Rob used the words "augmented reality" instead of the abused "virtual reality". This is a concept that is getting a lot of traction today and can even be traced to mobile technologies (you have a cellphone, hence you augmented the reality of me talking to you wherever you are).

There are books, both scientific and fiction, that deal with these issues. A good example is Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, where info and hyperlinks are overlaid in the field of vision when a character looks at someone/something. This also implies constant connectivity and unconscious awareness of "the matrix" 24/7.

Read the book, it's free and short, and it's full of interesting ideas smile.gif
Daegann
> Shadowrun will stay shadowrun, even with big change in the rules... If it's no simple to convert character, so create new without all karma things. Take the same cyberware, and so on, make your adjustment. Even it's not exactly the same you can make it look a little like.

About the Jump... well. The actual timeline is 64. But frankly more than 90% players I know don't play in 64 yet... And in fact I think you will able to continue to play before 65 with the new rules if you want. Rules are not background... And even, what happened if you play in 64 now ? Then you will play the system failure period which maybe give advert on what will happened during 5 years. The SR4 book will also give a summary. So you know the starting point, the finnish point and some information inside. So you are free to make your own event happened between 2065 and 2070. And if you play before 65 now, then when you will arrive to 2065, expansion book will surely released and give more information on this 5 years period.

In my case it's a good thing (maybe a way to continue to play a cyberpunk game with shadowrun feeling rather than a post apo game with SysFail issues ?). Anyway, I see it as the occasion to play a new generation of shadowrunner. Your character was a legend ? Ok but now he's "has been" and let the place to new generation. So, some of my actual character will become NPC (with a really good background ^^ ). An other plan I have is to create a new younger character for the end of SR3 who become a veteran for SR4. It's also a way for some character to make a break or to do things they always delay... And, one more time, I'm impatient to create the next generation of shadowrunner.
> Daegann
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Daegann @ Mar 17 2005, 06:45 PM)
The actual timeline is 64. But frankly more than 90% players I know don't play in 64 yet... 

Well, I do play around 2065. Even if I'm actually playing Mercurial ( which I've played about 12 years ago for the first time ) or whatever. As I mentioned before, my character was born in 2042. So he'll be 28 in the year 2070. I've played a runner who was in his later thirties before. So the age's no problem. Maybe I'll buy a permanent lifestyle and send him to an university for some time. Being a moderately cybered mage, a little break shouldn't be a problem for him. But when he loses his stocks due to a matrix crash, he'll be forced to run again.
I guess my problem's that I have no group for playing a campaign. Half of my playing time I'm hanging around at some con. But the university idea sounds nice. - Just came up to my mind. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Daegann @ Mar 17 2005, 06:45 PM)

Anyway, I see it as the occasion to play a new generation of shadowrunner. Your character was a legend ? Ok but now he's "has been" and let the place to new generation.

Okay, next problem: It took me about 4 years to find "my" new character. Since nearly 2 years I play my little nearly-burned-out mage with some latterly ini-grades exclusively. I feel no desire to create a new one. Actually I tried to do so, but I realised that I didn't want to play any of these concepts. I even let an artist draw a picture of him for the little fortune of 30 Euros.
Maybe I'm a special case, I don't know. I want to play SR 4 but not at the cost of losing my beloved wise warrior wizard with his fatal tendency towards too much chrome. cyber.gif
hermit
Well, I am kind of the same ... I'm pretty attached to my Redneck Mointain Man Sam and my depressive, fashion-conscious, cynical Rigger. It took me years to get these characters where they are now, I spent a lot of time detailing background and stuff, and I would hate to waste that because *someone* decides to force this "new era, make new characters" thing onto me.

Fortunately, neither character is big on savings, so there's little worry there. But if the rules force me to restart them, then I'll be mighty pissed.
Garland
The characters in my current campaign are all 15-16. So this actually couldn't come at a better time for me. They'll just emerge on the other side of 2070, older and probably fairly embittered.
Jrayjoker
Heck, I just started/am starting a campaign with super high-power badass munchkins in their prime. I figure if they survive to August I can rake them over the caols for 5 years until I apply the SR4 rules.
Zen Shooter01
An easy way to get characters across the time gap is to say, "Five years go by. Some old contacts fade, some new contacts are made. Those five years are worth x karma and y nuyen. How do you want to spend it?"
hermit
An easy way to get characters across the time gap is to say, "Five years go by. Some old contacts fade, some new contacts are made. Those five years are worth x karma and y nuyen. How do you want to spend it?"

.... and this flatly ignores the change from 3rd to 4th edition stats ... not to mention is a very dull way to introduce change. Lots of stuff happens in five years, including stuff that might change the characters. I personally would find that a very lame way out. But that may just be me.

If you really plan to do that, you should provide at the very least some tables you can roll on a lot for bridgeing the gap, however. Tables that would introduce random events into the characters' life. Of course, FanPro could easily do that when writing up the gap history, but I doupt they will; this is a classic fan-made-addition situation.

Example:
Table 26: 2057 Seattle food riot results.
1: character loses a piece of equipment worth 200,000+ converted Nuyen (GM's choice)
2: character gains a piece of equipment worth >=200,000 converted Nuyen (GM's choice)
3: character loses a friend (Level 2 contact, GM's choice)
4: character gains a friend (Level 2, GM's choice)
5: character loses a limb to hungry ghouls (roll fatal damage table in BBB)
6: character lies low and nothing serious happens to him or his friends

That way, it'd be at least a bit more detailed than "you age five years, here's your Karma".
Daegann
QUOTE (hermit)
I would hate to waste that because *someone* decides to force this "new era, make new characters" thing onto me.

> Yes, I understand you... And in fact nobody force you to leave your character... That I say is just a way you can take. personally I like the idea to use some of my old characters as NPC, even with all things I do for them... They are not totally dead. But it's also because I'm Player and GM both... Anyway, i'm also in your case. I like one of my characters and I would continue to play with it. As I didn't play a campaign with this character, I think I will simply ignore the fact that 5 years is past. (I didn't like that a lot but now it's usual for me since I play with many GM in one-shot adventure which never happened in the same date...).
And a thing you can do is to play (or just imagine) some adventure within the 5 years. In the beginning of the 4th edition you will haven't a lot of information but with time, more information will come. And no information mean that you are free to do what you want. You can also imagine a long run. Infiltration for example, during two years you can be hired by a corp as an assistant for a searcher, you need long time to have access to information or to send regular reports or somethings else. Of course all characters can't do that but for some it is a possibility.
> Daegann
DrJest
QUOTE (ThatPaolo)
Well, as of SR3 the Matrix is an integral part of the *inner working* of the world. Cyberdecks are still outnumbered by plain old terminals.

If you read the press release, Rob used the words "augmented reality" instead of the abused "virtual reality". This is a concept that is getting a lot of traction today and can even be traced to mobile technologies (you have a cellphone, hence you augmented the reality of me talking to you wherever you are).

There are books, both scientific and fiction, that deal with these issues. A good example is Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom, where info and hyperlinks are overlaid in the field of vision when a character looks at someone/something. This also implies constant connectivity and unconscious awareness of "the matrix" 24/7.

Read the book, it's free and short, and it's full of interesting ideas smile.gif

See, I am irrevocably reminded here of Cybergeneration. Anyone else play that? It was the "sequel" to Cyberpunk 2020, a real mangafest of school-age player characters with strange powers. One character type was the Wizard - basically an Otaku. Part of what made them so funky was that "Virtuality" overlaid the meat world, with things like road signs and adverts being Virtual. Kind of reminded me of an old cyberpunk/sci-fi short story - by Harry Harrison I think, I forget the name of it but I think it might have beeni n the Mirrorshades anthology - where everyone wore VR trodes that filtered reality the way they wanted to see it.
Sepherim
Actually, as for the gap, I see it as a great opportunity for an enterprising Master. He's led a campaing for some time, and uses SF as an important and in-crescendo background to the final runs of his campaign. He ties some stories, solves some puzzles, completes the arc, while his player solve their own agendas and get involved in a great story for a Grand Finale.

And then, he sais something like: "since then, things have changed. The next two months you guys spend it under cover, safe from Lone Star, who're behind you because of that final shoot-out in the graveyard. The world stumbles as that happens, because massive changes are affecting the world, now that it tries to regain balance after loosing that who sustained it: the Matrix".

And he goes on describing for a little while what has happened during all those five years. Some runs can be described, to set some new issues for future runs, like: "it was in 1068 when you got into that hell of a run. It seemed simple, just an in-and-out. Easy. But no. They were waiting for you guys. You grabbed the sample, but found that your way out was blocked by Major Eddy Burns from Lone Star. Scaping from him was tough, very tough, and Michelle, your love, was caught in the cross-fire. Living after that has been dark, very dark. Nothing motivates you, you seem lost in a world that stumbles without a light. Drek hit the fan, and you were just in front of it."

And then, finally, 2070. Where the master has to lay the last pieces and introduce the new arc of the story. The new chapter, as it were. "Work has been scaping from you guys lately. The new generations, better adapted to the new world that has arrived, take verything, and you fade away as legends of a seemingly-distant past. But then, in the alley, a face from the past strikes you. You just get a glimpse of her, but its more than enough. You run back there, but the alley is empty. Like a ghost, Michelle is no-where to be found, like if she were a mere vision of your tired eyes. Where could she have gone? You know you've seen her, and, in the air, the faint air of her perfume still hangs among the devil-rats lunch in quick putrefaction."

That's the starting point of a new story, where the shadows from the past come back again to the present, in a startling new way. Could Michelle have been allied with Major Burns all the time? Or maybe, one of their old-time enemies is playing with the characters using ilusion magic.

So, do you really think this time can't be a great opportunity in its own right?
Young Freud
QUOTE (Sepherim)
So, do you really think this time can't be a great opportunity in its own right?

Actually, now that you mention it, I could see this also happening: you and your team get caught by Lone Star and spend the next five years in prison. Somehow, you and your team get released on a technicality or appeal or good behavior or pardoned, and you enter a world that's radically changed. In fact, this would be harder on deckers since five years being kept away from even a phone eats whatever SOTA knowledge they've had.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Sepherim)
Actually, as for the gap, I see it as a great opportunity for an enterprising Master. He's led a campaing for some time, and uses SF as an important and in-crescendo background to the final runs of his campaign. He ties some stories, solves some puzzles, completes the arc, while his player solve their own agendas and get involved in a great story for a Grand Finale.
[...]
That's the starting point of a new story, where the shadows from the past come back again to the present, in a startling new way. Could Michelle have been allied with Major Burns all the time? Or maybe, one of their old-time enemies is playing with the characters using ilusion magic.

But what about characters that aren't played in a campaign? Today was my 50th run, but I haven't played anything close to a campaign with this character.
Sepherim
Lone Star is, indeed, another good option. Easy to justify, and allows for a new story arc to begin as they try to find out why Lone Star has freed them now, or why does the Star want their skills now. Still, Deckers that were apart from the Matrix are not only "outdated" by the new technology: they'll probably find it hard to understand it, and have surely lost their edge forever. It still could be an interesting story/drama to play a decker that has lost the Matrix and has to turn into a sammie for a living, and all that it implies, but surely not many players will be up to it.

As for a character that hasn't been in a campaign. Easy. Nothing needed to be justified. Runs aren't tied between them, so there is no need of a continuity in games. You can build his story so it covers those five years, with new twist to his personality and background, or you can say that he just used part of his nuyen on a needed vacation. Living in the shadows is both dangerous and stressing, so most runners need to leave them sooner or later. Maybe he's run out of money and needs to return in order to make a living from what he knows. Maybe he's an adrenaline junkie, and can no longer stay away from the thrills. Or maybe a friend called him for a favor long time owed. Reasons for it to return are infinite, and since it won't probably affect the game in question, you can make them up as detailed as you want. Just an update on the stats, and everything ready to play the character again, maybe turned a bit into a new direction in which you are interested in exploring, but still the same character for all it's worth.
Sandoval Smith
I suppose that things are going to be pretty harsh for existing characters, because in most cases, I can't imagine very many of my characters still being running (or alive) after five years. Any campaigns I'm invovled in, I'd say either keep playing with them under the old rules for as long as they can make it in the intervening five years, or move to wrap up the campaign, and start with new characters under 4th.
FrostyNSO
Well, I talked to my players and we've got plans to get our runners into nice cozy retirements before SR4 hits the shelf (provided we live).

As for the idea of the decker who's lost the matrix, that is just awesome! Like the burnout mage forever devoid of the powers he took for granted so long.
Fortune
I don't understand that concept. Assuming that the Computer skill is still used for dealing with the new Matrix, I don't see why anyone would 'burn out' automatically from the change. People today can adapt to changing technology with a little effort and retraining (ie. learning a new programming language, etc.). I see this as likely being the same type of thing.
Critias
Yeah. Most Deckers are so paranoid about staying up with the cutting edge anyways (hell, even just regular computer geeks today) that I think they'd be fairly likely, as a group, to keep up with the changing trends.
Sepherim
Sure they'll be able... if they're around. But the idea for the character was for some decker who had been in jail those five years, thus, quite away from the Matrix. He'd go out of jail and say, "hey, I'm going to jack in to see who's still around". And then he finds that all he has known and love has changed forever.

He'd need time to learn to navigate in a world where Nodes aren't that important precissely. He'd need to lear all the new programming languajes. And all the new techniques ICE use. And all the new programs that exist, how they function, and how to improve them.

He'd have to catch up with SOTA starting waaaay back, and he'd surely keep with him most of the old habits he had. He'd never be able to really become the nova hot decker he was once. What's left for him? Accepting to become a mid-level hacker? To know that all those younglings around him are better than he will be? To know that he was way better than all of them, but the glory days are bound not to return?... Or to throw it all down the drain and change lifestyle, turning his back to all he has loved for so long.

Anyway, it's just one of the possibilities for such characters. Surely many others will be able to really make the change, more or less. Still, I really doubt that so many of them will, after being five years away from the Matrix.
Fortune
Who says it is 5 years away from the Matrix for everyone though. It is a jump of 5 years, in which time (I assume), the Wireless Initiative becomes standardized and all-pervasive in the manner of the old Matrix. That isn't to say that computers and networking would not exist at all in the mean time.

The dude in jail would have almost as many problems if he went in in '56 and got out in '61, when it comes to keeping, or catching up with the SOTA.
Jrayjoker
Very good point Fortune, and since I read the dev blog at the SRmain site I am changing my formerly optomistic opinion on the (potential) ease of conversion to one that more closely matches FrostNSO's:

Well, I talked to my players and we've got plans to get our runners into nice cozy retirements before SR4 hits the shelf (provided we live).
Lindt
*ponder* Sounds like a Convention game to me.

"Legacy Tech."
The DLs. The hottest matrix wizards in 2061. That was untill the Star got lucky, and nailed your meat while you where AFK. Lucky for you, they didnt dissapear you, just a 20 year federal sentance. 10 years and lots of good behavor later, your back on the streets of the 3rd world. The 3rd world of the matrix.
Cougaar
The group I currently play in is still stuck before Dunkelzahn's death and it's unlikely we'll be catching up with the published timeline. A friend came up with the idea that we could play the kids of our present characters in the 2070's. I kind of like the idea, I've been thinking of the possibilities how, when and why my characters would end up having kids. Do they know about them? Does the kid resemble it's parent in behaviour? And the classic for the males, is it _really_ my kid? That sort of stuff.

A "low-tech" bunch of youngsters - Shadowrun the Next Generation smile.gif
hermit
Yeh.

My group is 80% elves and 20% dwarf. They won't age significantly in 10 years. All they need to do is catch up to SOTA tech.

And no way I'll waste my character and make her burnt out just because SR4 is supposed to be played with new characters, whether we like it or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012